“4 & 5 yr old boys run off their energy”
Review of Storybook Land

Storybook Land
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 60 years, Storybook Land has been keeping the spirit of childhood alive in an entertaining and educational atmosphere. We invite you to relive your childhood while introducing the innocent themes of wonderment to an entire new generation. Your children's and grandchildren'€™s memories will be with them throughout their lifetimes! The timelessness of childhood will ring true as your family literally walks through its all-time favorite stories and nursery rhymes at Storybook Land. Children's classics are interspersed with exciting new family rides and attractions in a remarkably clean and enjoyable park setting. Join us several times a year for memorable family experiences. You are certain to enjoy your visits!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“4 & 5 yr old boys run off their energy”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great place to take the younger kids. Place was affordable, clean & kid friendly. Hardly any wait time for rides. Alot of the rides, the kids could go on by themselves which made them feel like "Big Cheese". I will definitely take them back again. Nice shade for the adults too.

1 Thank theewhitehouse

New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Time Warp Of Sorts”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Storybook LAnd is a southern New Jersey landmark, since 1955. I went there i nthe 1970s as a child, and recently brought my wife and three year old daughter, on her recent birthday. We all loved the place, and it has barely changed oone iota since I was last there, in 1977. Yes, the park is spotless. Yes, it is well shaded, and landscaped. Yes, it is family friendly, and geared for children under eight. No, it is not a place for children over seven, or so...as the rides are generaly geared for the preschooler to second grader aged child.

The park is relatively cost-effective compared to pricey local theme parks, such as Sesame Place and/or Dutch Wonder Land, et al... However, you generaly get what yo paid for. Storybook LAnd offers decent food, but not the best in quality, or the healthiest, for that matter. It is $20.50 for adults and children over the age of one to enter. Great price, butthe park is very tiny, and many of the attractions, although quant, are very dated in aesthetics and operationalization. The animal section of the park was rather lame, featuring two deer in one cage, with two sheep in another, and two cages that are empty. There is some non-hidden construction materials and vehicals located by the animal section. A bitof an eye sore, in an otherwise, attractive park.

The staff was friendly, but seemed like they were brand new for te summer season hires, or they started when the place originaly opened, in 1955!!!! The park has a general family run vibe to it, and a very safe schematic, where you acn allow your young ones to run fre, without much cause for alarm. You can do the entire park within a few hours tops. We ended up going around and around the park several times, withinthe three hours we were there. We plan on returning in the fall for some more indenious family fun, and to think, we only reside barely a half hour from the park! Enjoy, if you go.

Atlantic City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Understated Fun”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Although I've lived my entire life no more than a 20 minute ride to SL, I've never been. I guess knowing that they charge the parents the same price as the kids( $20) didn't sit right with me.

I went today with my 4 year-old twins and 6 year-old daughter, as it was their school's yearly field trip, so the price was certainly right. But even given the $20 entry fee that one would normally pay, I believe there is still value here. There were perhaps 12 or so rides, and several more minor attractions, and when you add it up, it's not overly expensive. The day was a little overcast, and it rained slightly a few times, but you could still see that this was a beautiful park, and kept very clean. The ride operators were a pleasant change from the somewhat-miserable ride ops in Ocean.City. They were genuinely nice and didn't mind my taking a few pictures of the kids on the rides.
I'm sure the job can be tedious, but they didn't show it.

The kids brought bagged lunches, but we did go to the restuarant for snacks, and I found the prices to be reasonable for an amusement park. I can see a family of four being able to eat lunch for around $20, even if it means sharing an entree or two.

So, if my wife and I were to visit again with our three kids, it would probably run about $120, including lunch. It's probably something we'd only do once a year, and in about three years or so, they will have outgrown the park anyway. I'd say it's perfect for kids two to seven. There were even a few rides that I was able to enjoy.

So, in summary, it's a great regional park. It's obviously not close to a Disney World, or even a Hershey Park, but if you're in the area, it's definitely a great place to bring your family. You can probably spend about six hours in the park.

2 Thank KershKomments
Toms River NJ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best”
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Everything that the reviewers have said is true. I went with my grandchildren 4 and 7 years old. The rides are perfect for the 4 year old and the 7 year found more than enough to keep him busy. The haystack maze was set up like a scavenger hunt ....wonderful fun.

Staten Island, New York
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Great Place for Toddlers, Super Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We took our son who was 19 months to Storybook Land after a trip to Wildwood. This place is great fun, super clean and friendly, and a place where a small toddler can fully participate. I could not get over how clean the place is, even the restrooms. Ride operators were super friendly and waited so you could take pictues or took them for you. All the rides and attractions are brightly colored, in perfect order and pulls you right into your favorite childhood stories. We are going back in Nov. for Santa's arrival.

2 Thank Pietrosmom