“Great for children & adults!”
Review of Storybook Land

Storybook Land
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 60 years, Storybook Land has been keeping the spirit of childhood alive in an entertaining and educational atmosphere. We invite you to relive your childhood while introducing the innocent themes of wonderment to an entire new generation. Your children's and grandchildren'€™s memories will be with them throughout their lifetimes! The timelessness of childhood will ring true as your family literally walks through its all-time favorite stories and nursery rhymes at Storybook Land. Children's classics are interspersed with exciting new family rides and attractions in a remarkably clean and enjoyable park setting. Join us several times a year for memorable family experiences. You are certain to enjoy your visits!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
“Great for children & adults!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I came to storybook land with my entire family for the trick or treat day! This was a great day. The price was very reasonable. Children 2 and under are free. They give you a bag as you enter for treats throughout the park. My son will be 2 in December and was able to go on all the rides. They had the best family oriented scenery. Everything was from mother goose stories and nursery ryhmes. Wonderful people work there and dress in costume. My children nieces and nephews range from 12- 1yr of age and they all had a blast. Adults are even aloud on the rides. My father had been on every ride with the kids. Please go it is worth it!!! Bring your camera!!!

Valparaiso, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Excellent fun for young ones!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

On a recent visit to my daughter's home in New Jersey, we took her children, 3 1/2 yr. old boy and an 8 mo. old baby to Storybook Land. This is like a mini theme park for young children. There are different children's stories depicted though animated displays that are in individual small structures. The children push buttons to make the story play and the characters become animated. The park is lovely. It is nestled in a grove of tall trees that provide shade to nearly the entire park. It is layed out in winding paths that are paved and beautiful landscaped and decorated. I was there in October so Halloween and fall decorations abound. There are many rides that are build to meet the size requirements of the younger set. There was only one that we found that the 3 1/2 yr old was too short for. Parents can ride along with the child too. There were a few places to eat, though we brought our own lunch. There is a large picnic area for those that do. Besides the regular rides there is a train ride around the park and a hay ride too. There are also goats, deer and sheep to be fed. The only downside is the entrance fee. Everyone, except the infant was the same price...around $25 each. Credit cards were accepted, thankfully. All is all it was a wonderful, fun day for my grandson and his grandma!

Spring Lake, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great Day”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We took our Grandson whos was just under a year and a half and we all had a blast- he was able to go on a few rides (kept going back to the cars which was his favorite)- loved watching the rides for loved all the different animotronics- I felt the people that worked there were very Careful and safety oriented- and very polite. He loved running through Alice in Wonderland- and seeing all the different stops -We were worried he might be a little young but we were wrong he loved it- He was interested in the goats and the sheep and ducks- It was a truly enjoyable day- Very clean- great for todllers through about 10 years old. We brought lunch in with us. Very nice displays.

Wildwood, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Improvements is A+”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Admittedly, it has been about 3-4 years since I had taken my children to Storybook land. What a difference! They have definitely made improvements since last time we had seen it. We went for my daughters birthday 10/5 and the Fall decorations and extras are fantastic. I am sure we will go back before 3-4 years has passed again.

1 Thank justikasfire
Manahawkin, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A fun day with our granddaughters!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I hadn't been to Storybook Land in about 11 years, so I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see all of the new additions and especially all of the rides. The fall decorating was beautiful, with tons of scarecrows, pumpkins, flowers, and cornstalks. It was so festive! There was even an hay maze with pumpkins each child could decorate, as well as a hay ride. My husband had never been there, and after he got over the sticker shock, he thought the place was awesome.

Our granddaughters are 5 & 6 - a perfect age for SBLand. Only one ride presented a height requirement that we didn't meet. The others were perfect for a young rider with or without a responsible adult attending, which was fine. (I think my 30 something year old son and my husband had as much fun on them as the girls did.) They were able to ride their favorite attractions many times and really loved the roller coaster. The train ride was nice and offered a little relaxation between running from ride to ride!

I wouldn't recommend this for very young children - it is VERY expensive and there is not much for them to do. Also, children older than 12 would probably find the rides kind of boring. But it is perfect for youngsters 4-10ish.

Even though it was a holiday and the entry line was VERY long, once inside there were no crowds at all. Everything was neat, clean, well-maintained, and the people working the rides were pleasant and efficient. All of the older (some original) displays of fairy tale settings have been well kept. Storybook Land has been open for 58 years, but does not show it's age at all. The landscaping and fall decorations were outstanding. The attractions were well laid out so that it was easy to move from one to another.

Most importantly, the kids could run around freely and we felt it was a very safe environment. Gates on the rides were locked while the ride was running, and only opened when it was over, so kids were not able to escape willy-nilly!

I would suggest that you pack your own lunch; there are tons of picnic tables. Food is also very expensive there.

With the exception of the high entry fee, I really loved this place and thoroughly enjoyed the day with our granddaughters at such a fun place.

1 Thank SusieMcB