“Quiet, Clean, Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Storybook Land

Storybook Land
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 60 years, Storybook Land has been keeping the spirit of childhood alive in an entertaining and educational atmosphere. We invite you to relive your childhood while introducing the innocent themes of wonderment to an entire new generation. Your children's and grandchildren'€™s memories will be with them throughout their lifetimes! The timelessness of childhood will ring true as your family literally walks through its all-time favorite stories and nursery rhymes at Storybook Land. Children's classics are interspersed with exciting new family rides and attractions in a remarkably clean and enjoyable park setting. Join us several times a year for memorable family experiences. You are certain to enjoy your visits!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Sparta, NJ
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Quiet, Clean, Friendly”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Recently spent a day with my 2 grandkids, ages 6 & 4 at Storybook Land on a weekday in Sept. The big kids were back in school, so there were relatively few people there. The park is well shaded with large trees and beautiful landscaping. The rides are spread out and the whole feel of the place is very relaxing and the pace unhurried. No loud music or flashing bright lights. Children with sensory issues would not find this place overwhelming. (I am sure it is very busy on a summer weekends.) Everything was immaculate and well maintained. The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. You can tell this is a family owned business of caring people. Snacks and food items were reasonably priced and there are plenty of tables so you can bring your own picnic lunch as well. I was so impressed with this place!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank dbh-Sparta

Burlington, NJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Cute fun for the little ones!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We go to Storybook Land every September with our kids, who are still quite young (my oldest is 3 1/2). Love the park! It still has that old fashioned amusement feel. Going in September after Labor Day always works best for us - the park is usually not overly crowded, there are never any real lines for any of the rides, and the weather tends to be nice still. Most of the rides are appropriate for the younger children, though they also accommodate a parent as well. This amusement park is the perfect alternative to the parks geared towards older kids, where you might not get much for your money with the younger ones. We'll continue to visit this park year after year until my children outgrow it, which I suspect will take a LONG time!

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“my 3 1/2 year old just LOVES this place!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My 3 1/2 year old would like to live in StorybookLand. All the rides and attractions are for people his size. It's a perfect. fun, safe place for him to run around (with us of course).

Visited August 2012
Collegeville, PA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Pricey, but worth it”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Amusement park rides for the little ones only. Clean, big on safety (2 operators per ride) and never crowded. We are often able to go on the same ride over and over with no waiting. The very little splash pad is perfect for little ones on a hot day.

Bring your own picnic lunch - there is plenty of room to have lunch. Ordering food at the park takes forever.

We've been twice, both times the weekend in July when Santa and Mrs. Claus visit. The line is very long, but it's so worth the wait. They are so kind and loving. Our 4 year old loves the mid-year reminder that they're watching, and I get such great pictures with my own camera that my Christmas cards are ready in October.

Several weekends have themes so check the online calendar. We've heard that pirate weekend is fun as well.

We'll surely be sad when our little guy outgrows Storybook Land.

Ocean City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cute for Kids, Feel Sorry for the Animals”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After reading many excellent reviews, I took my 3 1/2 year old daughter, who never wants to go on rides at the boardwalk. She enjoyed the train, cars, mini ferris wheel, carousel and most of the other storybook attractions. Everything in this park is dated and could use an update.
The park itself was clean and the bathrooms were better than I expected. The ride attendants were friendly.
The food wasn't awful and there are many places to have a picnic lunch with your own food. Because you are allowed to bring your own food, I think they feel justified in charging a fairly hefty flat rate for adults and children 2 and up.
My biggest complaint is the condition of the animals. Mary's lamb lives in a lonely, filthy pen with no grass. The only shelter wouldn't be adequate in any weather. When I asked a worker about her pen, she just shrugged and said she was "fine." The goats don't fare much better. At least the deer and birds have each other. The Humane Society should check this place out. I'm sure many people walk by and think nothing of it, but, it ruined my whole day. We will not be back.

Visited August 2012