“Cute fun for the little ones!”
Review of Storybook Land

Storybook Land
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 60 years, Storybook Land has been keeping the spirit of childhood alive in an entertaining and educational atmosphere. We invite you to relive your childhood while introducing the innocent themes of wonderment to an entire new generation. Your children's and grandchildren'€™s memories will be with them throughout their lifetimes! The timelessness of childhood will ring true as your family literally walks through its all-time favorite stories and nursery rhymes at Storybook Land. Children's classics are interspersed with exciting new family rides and attractions in a remarkably clean and enjoyable park setting. Join us several times a year for memorable family experiences. You are certain to enjoy your visits!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We go to Storybook Land every September with our kids, who are still quite young (my oldest is 3 1/2). Love the park! It still has that old fashioned amusement feel. Going in September after Labor Day always works best for us - the park is usually not overly crowded, there are never any real lines for any of the rides, and the weather tends to be nice still. Most of the rides are appropriate for the younger children, though they also accommodate a parent as well. This amusement park is the perfect alternative to the parks geared towards older kids, where you might not get much for your money with the younger ones. We'll continue to visit this park year after year until my children outgrow it, which I suspect will take a LONG time!

All reviews
"the dragon"
in 5 reviews
"picnic lunch"

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My 3 1/2 year old would like to live in StorybookLand. All the rides and attractions are for people his size. It's a perfect. fun, safe place for him to run around (with us of course).

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Amusement park rides for the little ones only. Clean, big on safety (2 operators per ride) and never crowded. We are often able to go on the same ride over and over with no waiting. The very little splash pad is perfect for little ones on a hot day.

Bring your own picnic lunch - there is plenty of room to have lunch. Ordering food at the park takes forever.

We've been twice, both times the weekend in July when Santa and Mrs. Claus visit. The line is very long, but it's so worth the wait. They are so kind and loving. Our 4 year old loves the mid-year reminder that they're watching, and I get such great pictures with my own camera that my Christmas cards are ready in October.

Several weekends have themes so check the online calendar. We've heard that pirate weekend is fun as well.

We'll surely be sad when our little guy outgrows Storybook Land.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

After reading many excellent reviews, I took my 3 1/2 year old daughter, who never wants to go on rides at the boardwalk. She enjoyed the train, cars, mini ferris wheel, carousel and most of the other storybook attractions. Everything in this park is dated and could use an update.
The park itself was clean and the bathrooms were better than I expected. The ride attendants were friendly.
The food wasn't awful and there are many places to have a picnic lunch with your own food. Because you are allowed to bring your own food, I think they feel justified in charging a fairly hefty flat rate for adults and children 2 and up.
My biggest complaint is the condition of the animals. Mary's lamb lives in a lonely, filthy pen with no grass. The only shelter wouldn't be adequate in any weather. When I asked a worker about her pen, she just shrugged and said she was "fine." The goats don't fare much better. At least the deer and birds have each other. The Humane Society should check this place out. I'm sure many people walk by and think nothing of it, but, it ruined my whole day. We will not be back.

6  Thank m c
See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will say it is beautiful and we go every Christmas season at night because of the light display. The lights are beautiful and the price is right as they have half off days on every Monday or so in December which is great. My only problem was I am not sure this happened because it was very crowded this day or not but you must make sure your kids are buttoned down secure in those rides. A couple of the rides doors opened up. I will say that the attendants on both occasions noticed, stopped the ride, fixed the problem, secured the child/children, and nobody got hurt but still that is not good. It is a beautiful place and cool for preschoolers and older kids too. Just be careful as we always should when we go to places like this and uphold the safety of our children. It is super crowded on the half off days and during december but they have plenty of FREE parking and they get you into the park pretty quickly. You will have to wait in line for 15 minutes or so but the line is usually super long extending into the extra parking area.

1  Thank Triopsternj90