“Revisit an old favorite location”
Review of LB One Restaurant

LB One Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Heard good things about the reopening if the old Library to the new LB One. Place has been upgraded and given a facelift that was much needed. Staff were pleasant and knowledgeable. Other than that it has kept all the old traditional favorites to the atmosphere. Ordering at window and the salad bar. Great steakhouse and will revisit.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This updated edition of "The Library" is a big step up from what previously was a drab fire-hazard that was only exacerbated by walls of flammable books.

This new location sports a brighter updated interior with the same great food that was previously available. While my first time there, the staff were still a little low on the learning curve; by my second trip they were acting like pros.

I still loved having my favorite juicy filet with my bacon and sour cream baked potato. Yum!

Great start, and only looking forward to seeing this place get better with time.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a frequent customer of Library III prior to their move. Went to the new one and boy did it go down hill. When I saw LB One opened we had to try it. Let me say the food was excellent. Our fillet was cooked perfectly and the shrimp scampi was excellent. The salad bar was was fresher than its ever been and a nice addition having the cheese bar. The lounge was redone too and looked great. I'm happy this location is back in business and will definitely be returning for food and musice. btw - its nice to see some of the old servers back and the hostess was the best.

1  Thank RalphmL
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've been looking forward to the "new" LB1 since the Library 3 had gotten pretty lackluster of late. Upon entering the rooms were markedly less dark & cluttered but the deletion of bookshelves & addition of (badly mounted) movies posters was where the "renovation/redecoration" ended.

The hostess was bright & friendly, we were shown to our seats & after ordering drinks were invited to place our order at the window (of the kitchen) as with the Library 3. The salad bar was a bit fresher "looking" than the previous incarnation but the dressings were all (or most) bottled & the macaroni & slaw, although reasonable quality were pre-made from a plastic tub.

Let's get to the "meat" of the matter. I ordered a 12oz NY strip which I asked to be prepared RARE; sear it & serve it is what I requested. My steak arrived on a plate too small to hold it with the TINY baked potato; hey charge me an extra $1 & give me a spud that's worthy of a $30 steak! After the server re-plated my meal on a suitably sized dish I cut into the steak to make sure it was done "to my liking." It was AT BEST medium rare so back it went. I ordered another drink as I assumed the cook would just toss another steak on the grill & send it out in a few minutes.

INSTEAD the server comes back to tell me the "chef" says he CAN'T prepare THAT steak rare but if I want the 10oz filet THAT could be rare (also quite a few more dollars & I dislike filet). I asked the hostess to speak with a manger but she directs me to the "chef" who is also the owner. As I return to the kitchen window the "chef" is dissecting my steak & tells me this is as rare as can be done on this particular cut. In essence he is saying that a 12 oz NY Strip steak CAN NOT be prepared RARE. This from the OWNER (plus chef) of a steakhouse? Not only is he wholly incorrect about cooking this steak rare, Ventura's Offshore (10 minutes away) prepared a 10 NY Strip Pittsburgh rare the very next evening. They didn't argue they simply sent out a beautifully charred, cold red center steak. Delicious. So unless you like the "chef" deciding how you get your steak prepared go someplace other than LB1; there are many good steakhouses in the area where steak are done YOUR way.

5  Thank FrequentDinerEHT
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife, son and his girlfriend and I went to LB One for the first time since the big change and we all enjoyed our meals. The atmosphere is still dark but we're ok with that. Terrific steaks!

1  Thank woodsthumper