“Great food, just like the old Library.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LB One Restaurant

LB One Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Tuckahoe, New Jersey
“Great food, just like the old Library.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife, son and his girlfriend and I went to LB One for the first time since the big change and we all enjoyed our meals. The atmosphere is still dark but we're ok with that. Terrific steaks!

1 Thank woodsthumper

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Same as it ever was”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

After hearing a couple of reviews I decided to take my boyfriend here for his birthday. He is a steak eater and I know the Library has a good reputation for steak. I was interested in seeing the new dining room since the renovation. We walked in - early on a Wednesday - had to wait for about 5 mins to be seated - although there was no one there...maybe the hostess was in the kitchen - i don't know. the place is as dark and creepy as it ever was - coming in from the light made it very had to adjust to the extremely low lighting. The hostess was very friendly and gave us a quick run down on what was new - mostly everything is the same - except for a few additions to the salad bar. Everything did appear to be extremely fresh. My boyfriend ordered the prime rib ($22) and I ordered the Broiled Scallops ($20). The starch is now included and they have added a sweet potato with cinnamon butter. We enjoyed our salads. The bread was awful...and I love bread..I couldn't even eat the white bread..the brown bread was ok. They leave a bowl full of butter pats that were just out of the fridge (hard)....pet peeve of mine...but oh well. We warmed them over the candle.

Dinner was served - the prime rib was a huge piece. I received 5 scallops. Now when I tell you I am not a picky eater - that might be an understatement. But I have never tasted anything so bad. The scallops were rubbery and tasteless. I was extemely disappointed. So much so - I only ate two. Now 5 at $20 makes them about $4 a piece...they were also on the small side. As a former waitress - had a viewed a customer not really eating - I might have asked if everything was ok...the waitress was pretty much a no show. My boyfriend sayed he enjoyed the prime rib (although he knows I don't like when he complains)...I did try it - and although I'm not a big meat eater - it seemed flavorful.

We paid the check and left with our leftovers (which are still sitting in my fridge). Overall, a disappointed experience.

I would love to find a restaurant in our area that has consistentaly good food at reasonable prices. I've yet to find it - and I've lived here practically all my life.

PS..As I said - the Hostess was very friendly and knowledgable..the busboy (water boy) was extremely polite and prompt.

3 Thank Sczerhess
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Great transition from the Library 3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

LB1 replaces for the dirty, poorly managed Library 3 steak house. LB1 retained the Library3 menu, expanded the salad bar, and enhanced the dessert selection. Important renovations help this place shed the ghosts of its predecessor. Great prime steaks! Good service! Good choice!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Edward D
New Jersey
“Just New Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit back since the renovation, new ownership and name change. The renovation cleaned up the building a lot. Although I must say when we walked in we were nervous that it was just the "same old Library". It's still a little too dark even though most of the "books" decor has changed. The ordering system has remained the same where you report to the chef's window and order off the blackboard. The salad bar is in the same location as well. This is where the comparisons with the previous owners end thankfully! The salad bar was well stocked and very fresh. The dressings tasted homemade. The side salads were also quite good, especially the cole slaw. Now on to the steaks. The prices have come down from the old Library 3 and the quality has far and away improved! You also get a starch included with your meal. And, what impressed me (if you've read my restaurant reviews this is important!!) was FREE ICED TEA REFILLS! The service was very good and the staff was very attentive and pleasant. The Mounds cheesecake was also well worth the calories and, what I thought, a few dollars too much. I am glad we gave LB One a try. I'm sure we will be back!

4 Thank Fenway302
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“What's old is new again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The LB One as it is called should not be confused with the Library 1 restaurant that relocated this year.
Gone are the dusty shelves full of book that was a big part of the décor and is replaced with one shelf of books.
The eating space seems much larger and not as dark as the old venue.
The walls are covered with classic movie posters which is a nice touch.
The food is still really good and at a good price.
They still have the salad bar and fresh breads I like.
The service was great and not crowded as we had dinner early that day.
New Owners and new interior make you want to try this place again.

• Visited July 2013