“But, don't expect dessert”
Review of Chickie's & Pete's

Chickie's & Pete's
Reserve with OpenTable
Chickie's & Pete's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our first experience with Chckie and Pete's. The waitress was very attentive and explain how things worked - fries would come out before the rest of the meal. We had the mussels - both red and white and were both very happy with them - all were open, tender, and clean. Good flavor in the sauce. When it was dessert time, we were informed that the best they could do was a cup if coffee -- so we crossed the parking lot to the grocery store and bought ourselves ice cream to take back to our motel room.

It is a sports bar with lots of tv's and a high noise level, but the acoustics are such that hearing each other and the waitress was not a problem!

1  Thank oaklanefarm

Reviewed September 27, 2012

this was my first time ever going to a Chickie & Pete's and I did not find a reason to want to go back.

We met a group of people there for a going away party for a co-worker. Drink orders were taken and delivered very quickly but it was downhill from there. We ordered the famous crab fries, they were not bad nothing to rave about though. Unfortunately after delivering the fries our waitress just disappeared. Having never been here before I was anxious to try something else on the menu but could not find a waitress to take our order. Finally someone from the group was able to flag her down and decided to order several plain pizzas. What was delivered to the table was nothing like any pizza I have ever seen before but perhaps that is their version of pizza. Sorry but it looked like a very thin pizza crust with some crushed canned tomatoes on top and one basil leaf. There was no cheese that I could see unless it was under the pile of crushed tomatoes. Some people scrapped off the crushed tomatoes and just ate the pizza crust. Not very appetizing and very disappointing to look at as well as taste. I asked what everyone else thought about the pizza and not one admitted to liking it. I heard comments like the sauce was too spicy to it was like eating plain pizza dough without the toppings.

Sad to say but we left there and went to Wendy's which is right down the street and had a chicken sandwich and fries.

2  Thank kathyt08069
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

If the waitress's would put just as much energy into their tables as they do standing at the back bar talking, it would have been a great night. Thank god we all had a drink before we got their and had some patience to spear. Our waitress with long black hair threw our drinks down and ran away before we could even speak. Then stands around talking? Ugh....another place with bad service. Food was good though.

3  Thank jode12
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have been to this Chickie's & Pete's many times. Great place to have a private party - I had my husband's surprise 40th at this restaurant. Great mussels, clams, shrimp, crabs, Crabby fries, Crabby fries combo, pizza, sandwiches...you know, all the regular food everyone knows and loves. Great sports bar. Always have a good time when I'm here.

The issue I have with this establishment is how they seat people!!! My friend and I went for lunch over the weekend. Olympics were on, NASCAR, baseball...great stuff....how are you going to put us at a table with our backs to the big screens when there were a ton of open booths and tables available, AND there were only 3 other parties seated when we arrived?????!!!!! Come on, are you for real??? We asked our server to change our booth so we could watch all the sports events, and even she made a comment about us being seated the way we had been. My friend and I then watched the same hostess do the same exact thing to the next several parties that came in to eat and they all complained about the seating, too, and moved. I have to say that this has happened in the past, too, and I just don't understand the logic behind the hostess doing this.

This is a great casual place to go for lunch or dinner with the family or friends to catch up on all sports. I just needed to vent. Thank you ;=)

1  Thank FoodandWineAngel
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stopped here recently for dinner while on business in Egg Harbor Township. If anyone is not familiar with Chickie's and Pete's, it's a local sports bar chain most famous for their crab fries covered in old bay seasoning. I've eaten at Chickie's and Pete's before in Philly as well as at the stadiums, all standard fare but this particular location should be avoided. First off; the bar staff was all male and very rude, curt and informal. It was a Monday night and the place wasn't that busy. I can't count how many times I was called "buddy" or "pal" by the staff, ignored or looked at angrily by one of the bartenders; as if I was bothering him for being there. I finally got an order placed which consisted of crab fries and a chicken club sandwhich. Crab fries came out after a few minutes and it was nothing spectacular. They mass produce these and by now they've kind of lost their flavor. Still decent but not as good as they used to be. The sandwhich however took almost a half hour to arrive. When it finally did; it was warm at best, interior was cold and completely dry and may have been sitting for a while. Not sure if this sandwhich comes with any sauces or you're supposed to add them yourself. I wasn't offered anything nor was the staff going to be curtious to my needs. Chickie's and Pete's is a decent venue for watching sports and drinking beer just avoid this one like the plauge.

3  Thank Matthew L