“Staid at much better Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The HOT elevators made the stay UNCOMFORTABLE. We reported it. No satisfaction to our complaint? Service on other items good. THE LACK OF SERVICE or SATISFACTION, TO A HILTON MEMBER-NOT GOOD. Found bed not that comfortable (not reported)-first for us in a Hilton Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Chase M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that the elevators were so hot and that the beds were not to your liking. We always strive to meet all of our guests needs and our team has taken the steps to look into the elevator issue and repair the ventalation. I am truly sorry that you didn't feel satisfied with the entire stay due to these inconviences. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future to see where we have made strides in your review and suggestions.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

there was a thick layer of dust on the overhead fans and some hair in the bathtub. the beds were so comfortable and the lay out of the 2 bedroom suite was superb. there was some overhead sound but not enough to disturb our sleep once we settled in for the night.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Chase M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that the cleanliness factor was not up to standards for your room. We always strive to make sure that we are always meeting all guest expectations and meeting all standards. We will address this with our team and work to make sure this does not happen in your future visits.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This place is awesome except for the breakfast. Place was immaculate, pool sparkling clean, quiet and comfy bed though a bit soft for my husband's liking I loved the bed! The breakfast was a huge dissapointment, but only because everything else had such a high standard. Food was tasteless and station was a mess and they were not that busy. If they improve this area it would b perfect. But I choose a hotel and return based on cleanliness, courtesy, and comfort , I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your suggestion in improving our breakfast area. I'm so glad to hear that you would like to stay with us again. We will work to make the necessary adjustments in our breakfast area so that your next stay with us will be even better.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked this hotel twice, the first time I booked it was in April for a stay in September. This time when I booked, I booked for a 1 night stay at the end of August to attend a comedy show in Atlantic City. When we arrived at the hotel after 7pm we were greeted by two customers in line and an employee in a slight panic mode because her computer was down. No one informed her that they were going to be conducting an upgrade of the computers. I thought that this was odd to do on a Friday night, the start of the weekend. It wasn't her fault that the computers were down, however the way she handled the situation was not up to snuff. The General Manager left this poor young lady there by herself after only 2 weeks on the job and was no help to her over the phone when she called her about what was going on.

After waiting for almost 30 minutes to get checked into the room we get into the room and realize it wasn't the cleanest. We were getting settled in and needed to leave right back out to get to the show in time. My wife cleaned the bathroom including the floor and the remote control. When we checked out the next day I voiced my concern regarding the room not being clean. The young man at the desk let me leave a voicemail for the general manager.

She called me back while I was on the road and I explained to her what the issue was and she asked me what can she do for me. Because I had told her that I had booked there again for September that was an early reservation and if I could have found somewhere to stay after that experience I would have, but at that short notice I had no choice but to patronize their hotel again the following weekend.

I told her I had used my points to stay there and that I had to purchase more points. She offered to refund me my entire amount of points. I followed up with her because I had not received my points, so she told me it would take 7-10 business days for it to show up in my account. I called Hilton corporate office and they called to speak with the general manager at the hotel to find out that she is no longer with the company. The young lady at Hilton corporate office was kind enough to refund my points which will take up to 30 days to reflect on my account and she also sent me a confirmation email and asked me to follow up directly with her if I do not see my points in 30 days.

I had a better experience with the corporate office then I did at the hotel. The staff wasn't pleasant, did the bare minimum of work and did not go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, cell phone signal sucks on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chase M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform me of this situation. We always strive to make sure we are giving the best customer service possible at all times. I apologize that it took you so long to get checked in and that the room did not meet your expectations. I am glad that the Hilton Corporate was able to clarify and help you in this matter. Please rest assured that we have made the necessary changes and adjustments to our training to prevent these type of issue from occuring again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me on the property. We hope to see you again in the future, so that you can experience the same quality of service you come to always expect at our Hilton Branded properties.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We are from NY- and wanted to get away for a few days- it was the Jewish holiday. so we took advantage of the time off! I searched for a pet friendly hotel- you need to find one that is not just for service animals- and this hotel excepts dogs- our Sparky is almost 10 and is truly part of the family- she gets upset when we leave her at the pethotel!! The location of this hotel was great- close to shopping beaches and casinos if you want to..we did not there is so much to do- with out that!! the rooms make you feel like you are at home-

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad we could accommodate both you and Sparky on your most recent trip to Egg Harbor. We would love to welcome you back home to enjoy your visit and meet Sparky again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We opted to stay outside AC, as boardwalk hotels were over $400 a night versus this $160 here. The property is the same Hilton Homewood quality, although the breakfast buffet was less than others we stayed at. Frequently 'some' bin was empty and took a while for them to refill them. Did have no sugar added waffle syrup which is a plus. But if you're going for yogurt, then they should be the light versions.
Plenty of stores and restaurants around, highway to AC a block away, area was very quiet, a the difference in price was worth a 20/30 minute ride to the

Room Tip: Property has 1 bedroom suites and studio suites, all with full kitchens. If possible, get a 1 bedroo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WWS2

Thank you for review. We enjoy hearing where we have met your needs and always welcome suggestions to help us improve and make your future stays with us more enjoyable. We can't wait to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is an amazing, clean hotel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The facility is new and really nice. Comfortable beds, clean kitchen, and very secure. The pool area is lovely. The breakfast is very plentiful and well-organized.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to let future guests know about your great experience at our facility. We always look forward to hearing that we have met and exceeded our loyal guests expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in your upcoming travels to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, NJ
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon
Days Hotel Egg Harbor Township-Pleasantville-Atlantic City
Days Hotel Egg Harbor Township-P...
#2 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!