“Bad first experience.”
Review of Library III - CLOSED

Library III
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Very popular area restaurant,not listed with TA.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was my moms birthday so we decided to take her out to dinner.
We went to the Library 3 in EHT and was greeted by our waitress who lacked enthusiasm. She didn't smile nor introduce herself, and she was monotone. She seemed annoyed that we needed a couple of more minutes to decide what we wanted. The menu is very limited and over priced for the portions. And if you want a side, it's an extra 2.00+ Finally, we went to the salad bar and I saw loafs of bread--which we had to cut ourselves...kind of ridiculous. And when we ran out of bread none of the servers or busser asked us if we wanted more. I got the grilled chicken with rice which were both extremely bland and dry. Halfway through our dinner, we got a different waitress who also lacked enthusiasm. I asked for balsamic dressing to try and add flavor to my chicken, the second waitress came out with a cup of it which was halfway spilled onto her hand, arm and floor. I had to lean into my sister in law so she didn't get it on me. You should put it on a dish. My dad got crab cakes which he said were under cooked and his cajun fries were loaded with old bay. It seemed as though they didn't mix them properly at all. After I gave away half of my chicken and all of my rice to my boyfriend and father, I was still hungry. So, I got the chocolate cake and my mom got the peanut butter cake. My cake was so dry and lacked flavor, but the pb cake was very good. I didn't even finish it my cake so I gave the rest to my dad, who also said it was crappy. My brother and I spent nearly $100 each for crappy service and food. I wouldn't waste your time or money on this place. I have never written a review, but this restaurant was so disappointing, I had to.

1  Thank Bryswans

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went there in May with 16 golfers. We were unable to golf as it rained but returned for a 6:00 dinner. We were moved to the back porch (our request) as we knew we would be loud. Everyone had drinks and it took sometime to fullfill all the orders as they only had only young lady helping us. We got on line and ordered along with the salad bar. Every was satisfied but I've been to other libraries and this one needs some work. It seems very crammed and the food wasn't all that great. I prefer Ruths Chris. I understand that this is on a golf course but the steaks could of been better. All around the guys said ok but will we return next year???? not sure

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Used to go to old location all the time. First (and last) visit to new location. Salad bar was lacking. Six items to put on your salad before the croutons and bacon bits?! Soup was never served. Had to ask for it. Filet Mignon was to be medium rare and was medium to well. Strip was to be medium and was rare. Hubby's steak on a stick was okay. Daughter's Chicken Kiev was okay. Asked chef about the rice-what is it cooked in or seasoned with. Just butter we were told. Explained there are food allergies. Assured us, just butter. The rice came out with onions and peppers in it. Questioned waitress who questioned chef and was told-that is our PLAIN rice. Got a slice of cheesecake to go. We were done.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I really liked the Singer at the bar area. The steak was ok and the crab cakes were good .I would return .....The service was for me , and I say for me was perfect .It shows well as restaurant --its a local thing by that nature its a "Cheers" There are things I would change as the some guests require other types of attention. I liked the room . The Filet mignon had no fat , none --the silver was cleaned well off. Its was a slow night which I enjoy better then a crowded room . This is the kind of place you want to find on vacation with your room upstairs so you do not have to drive just sit around listen to singer drink the wine and rest. Could this be a 5 star steak , yes ....The question is at what cost to guest .....we have plans to return ....

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We used to love Library lll when it was located on Black Horse Pike. Never had a bad meal. We went to the *new* location on Ocean Heights Ave., ordered the same food.... and just shook our heads. What happened?? The *filet mignon* was so fatty, less than half was eaten. The chicken cordon bleu (2 orders) was NOTHING like it used to be. Tasted like garlic powder was poured over it and burnt. Service was actually OK. Cocktails, sub par. Sorry Library lll, we won't be back.