Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City
Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister and I stay here whenever we go to AC. We love it, you get a free breakfast Caleb is the best Host, this place is so clean and accomadating. It is only 6 minutes away from casinos. The staff is very pleasant, the hotel is very close to alot of eaterys and stores.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
COORDINATOR78, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that Caleb was able to be the host with most! Our entire staff works hard to ensure each guest is well taken care of from check in to check out. Location is key and with free transportation, you can't go wrong! Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with such a big room - 2 televisions, a mini, fully equipped kitchen and a pullout sleeper sofa. It was more spacious than any hotel room I have ever stayed in. The receptionist at registration was friendly as was the waitress, Dagmar at breakfast. This was the best deal! $99.00 for a huge room, a full breakfast and free internet access.

Room Tip: We had to meet our flight the next morning at AC International Airport. Though the hotel does not o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. Our entire team takes pride in making sure our guests are satisfied and enjoy their visit. We are very happy to be able to offer such spacious rooms. The newer properties are nice, but you will be hard pressed to find this kind of space. Our king suites are amazing for the price! Even our double bedded rooms are large. Next time you visit you should check out our jacuzzi king suites...we will really WOW ya! And don't forget with free breakfast, wifi, local calls, fitness center, and more...we are here for any travel needs. Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place is disgusting. Upon arriving the AC didn't work. The room had a funky smell to it we called the front desk and they sent up the mechanic who turned it on claiming that it turns off automatically which it did again during the night. The bathroom door had a hole in it, the walls look like feces was splattered across it. The Lining on the bottoms of the walls were coming out. The bed was horrible. I really didn't want to stay but since I paid I decided to take a chance. Woke up the next morning with red bumps on my skin. Bed bugs! So upset. Breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I cannot apologize enough for the room condition you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to make sure each guest is well taken care of. I apologize this was not the case. Since we are not aware of the room number from this review, I cannot address weather any bugs were reported or found, but I can say that we take these claims very seriously and have our rooms inspected monthly for routine services and call our specialty team with the dog services for any individual calls regarding any insects. I can assure you the maintenance staff has been made aware your comments and is the midst of reviewing each room to ensure they are fixed and back to our standards. We hope you will come visit us again soon so we can WOW you this time.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The photos looked great. I booked although I should have checked Trip advisor first... Let me tell you..First, the staff, Karmen, was not customer service friendly. Then, when we got into the room, it was horrible. The beds felt like box springs, uneven, and leaning. The TV was a 1980 TV. Holes on the closet door. I told the lady I needed my room change. She did but not much of a difference. There was an odor that was unbelievable. I wouldnt advise anyone who are use to a 5 star that this is not the place. They even chargef $199 a night. Unbelievable! They are not even a 3 star... Listen, I had enough. Give me back my money.... Dont let the photos fool you online...!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Evelyn_trips

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We would like to get more information on your stay and ask that you please call us directly at 609-272-0200 ext 123. We work very hard to make sure each guest is well taken care of and we apologize this was not the case. I can say we have a renovation scheduled to begin shortly and we will be taking your comments into consideration during our planning stages. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't really don't understand some of the negative reviews that were posted, but If your looking for the Ritz, then go to the Ritz. My wife and I stayed at this hotel as a last resort because all of the casino hotels were charging astronomical rates. We were unaware that the air show was taking place on August 17th. The hotel is about 20 minutes away from the casinos and they offer a free shuttle service. Our room (#216) was very clean and spacious. The water pressure in the shower could blow away a circus animal. Firm beds with lots of pillows. I regret not bringing my daughter along because the room was like a 1 bedroom apartment. We did manage to have a horrible experience during breakfast because they were short on staff, the lines were long, and patience was short. But I will personally take that this up with the hotel. This by no means affected my stay or my overall opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor facing the parking lot were very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie H

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy you were able to stay with us! Our rooms are quite large, and we welcome you to come back with your entire family. We have gone on a hiring spree lately and I can assure you we are beyond well staffed now. Breakfast will run smooth and taste YUMMY! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

First off - if you book through a group - choice points will not be honored with this hotel chain although you are still paying them. Makes not sense to me.
For the quality - the price was high although we were not even in Atlantic City.
They need to do something about the doors or have someone helping guests get their bags through those front doors.
We were there on the weekend prior to the Fourth of July when the Derecho rolled in. Very dissapointed to find out that we were probably staying at the the only hotel that does not have a working generator.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your comments and thank you for bringing the issues to our attention. We strive to make sure all our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay. Unfortunatley during that weekend the entire area was slammed with a storm and knocked out several properties in the area for several days. We were not the only hotel out of power. Infact the only properties with power were the large casinos. We do have emergency backup lighting in the halls with a battery set for a two hour span. Since the storm came through at 1:30 a.m., by the time guests were up, the lights were out. Our team was expecting power up within minutes and then hours as we were told by officals, but it ended up being several days. Since all phone systems were knocked out as well we could not get in touch with extra staff to come in to assist. We apologize for not being better prepared and have since updated our emergency proceedures. We are so thankful no officials, locals or guests were hurt during this storm. We hope you can come back to visit us again and see us without the storm issues.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

When you book the hotel you must ask for a casino packagel They never inform you until you ask and then they tell you it should have been done when booked. False advertising. The hotel was not worth the rate that was charged. I think i should receive a refund of one night because of the ignorance of the staff and the quality of the hotel. I just returned from a 5 star hotel and did not pay this much. Disgusting.

Room Tip: None south side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brendalconey

Thank you for giving us your review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. We have several rate options between our standard room rates, online discounts, pre-paid discounts, casino packages, and many others. I do apologize for the confusion in rates. We do have a casino package and what a deal it is! This package is normally booked ahead of time so we can procure the coupons from the casinos for this discount, however if our management team is in, we should be able to get these coupons and offer the package for anyone who walks in. I am sorry if that was not the case. I will be speaking with our front office team and sales team to ensure this process is steamlined so this won't be an issue for the future. I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will visit us again soon and take advantage of our many discounts and offerings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Quality Inn Pleasantville
Quality Inn Pleasantville
#3 of 15 in Pleasantville
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area

Been to Clarion Hotel & Convention Center Atlantic City? Share your experiences!