“Tasty Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After reading many great reviews for this Thai restaurant, and since Thai is my favorite asian cuisine, and I was able to expense my dinner, well it was time for some Thai. The restaurant was a store in a mall with lots of easy parking. A warm greeting upon arrival and what seemed like traditional Thai decor to make the place comforting to show all that ownership cared about the restaurant. Now I needed to find out if the food was equally comforting. Since I was alone I could only try 2 dishses. The first was an order of spring rolls, who doesn't love spring rolls? Besides vegatables the spring rolls also included chicken which gave an added texture and flavor. The rolls were cooked to my liking and the dipping sauce complemented the rolls. For some reason (guess I liked them) I ate the whole portion instead of saving room for the entree.
Now for the entree: Beef Pad Prik Khing in a red curry paste with green beans @ $14.99. I thought the price a little expensive until I saw the size of the portion, large, and worth the price. Sauce was just right, not searing but with ample heat with a large portion of Thai rice. The beef was tender, quality beef, not fatty, easy to cut and not over or under cooked. Sauce made the dish and plenty of it. I kept trying to stop eating, not because of the cost, but there was just too much to eat. Call me a pig: I finished all the rice and the entree.
Wait staff was dressed in traditional Thai clothes, attentive and friendly.
Wish this restaurant was in my neighborhood!!!! Wish I went with a large group so I could taste everything. The couple behnd me had 2 entrees that smelled so good and looked even better.
If you are in the Atlantic City area, try this place, you will be as pleased as I was.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is an amazing little restaurant. We have never had a mediocre meal here. Although it is casual, the atmosphere is elegant as is the service and food. Every detail to a positve eating experience has been addressed.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Definitely in the top 5 Thai spots I have ever had in my life. The green curry was amazing, fresh, perfect amount of spice. My friend got chicken pad thai, also among the best I've had. They are very accomodating, and the restaurant is very clean and put together. Definitely coming back with a bottle of wine!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I went there for a Friday night dinner. The prices were reasonable and the food was absolutely delicious. Quite honestly, it was probably the best Thai food I have ever had. My wife had Pad Thai, the usually intro-to-Thai-Food dish and it was by the best I have ever sampled. I had a curry dish, which was also excellent with just the right amount of heat (though they will adjust the heat to your tastes). The only hitch was the service was a bit unenthusiastic, which unfortunately seems standard in this genre of restaurants. It was fast and efficient, but it just was not overly friendly. All in all, I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are a family that LOVES thai food and recently while spending a weekend at the shore I looked online to check out local restaurants. There were LOTS of good reviews but I was nervous having been burned before. Let me just say the food and service was absolutely WONDERFUL. The appetizers were so delicious and the server was very helpful when we asked for recommendations. I would definately give it a total two thumbs up. The only downside is that like many places in NJ you have to bring your own wine which we did not know in advance but my husband took a quick drive to a liquor store across the street and we had a lovely meal. The Thom Ka Gai was AMAZING!