“Consistent good authentic Indain food”
Review of The Nizam's

The Nizam's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Nizam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nizams is the best Indian restaurant in the area. While small, the service is always friendly and the food is consistently good. I was nervous to try Indian food for the first time because I am a steak and potatoes kind of guy, but now I find myself being the one to suggest it more often then not. The Chicken Mahkhani is delicious and they will spice most of the food to your desire. The Aloo Tikki Cha is another of my personal favorites. It is a small and quaint building and those who are locals may remember it as the 1400 bar. let me say it has changed quite a it from the old dive bar days. one of my preferred eats in EHT.

There are newer reviews for The Nizam's

Reviewed August 2, 2013

An average rating of 4.3 on a scale of 5 on some of the reviews and rated by both Indians and non-Indians as some of the best food they ever had in US, I wanted to check out The Nizam's in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.

Nizam's Tangri Kebab is one of the best appetizers I ever had in an Indian Restaurant in US. I rate this as better than what I get in many Indian Restaurants in India. I heard the waiter telling me that they are famous for their Biryanis and I ordered their regular chicken Biryani. It was pretty good although I cannot compare it to the Hyderabadi Dum Biryani. I am planning to try their Nizam's Biryani when I visit next time. This restaurant is about 2 hours from where I live. Since Ocean City is close to this restaurant, I plan to visit Ocean City again in the next few weeks and wrap up my day with a dinner at The Nizam's.

1  Thank praveenms_99
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ate dinner at Nizams the other night and enjoyed both entree dishes we ordered. Lamb Biryani and Chicken Tikka Masala were both excellent. We also had the keemakulcha which was very tasty. Food was very fresh and sizes were larger then we previously had at other Indian venues. We will certainly return for another dinner and would like to try the buffet for lunch sometime..

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Ate here yesterday for my Birthday and was not disappointed .I had a lamb vindaloo spice level 7 ,it was fabulous ,not just spicy but full of aromatic flavors.The service was great too.Would have liked some veggie side dishes,not just full entree options.x

1  Thank clairez0007
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love Nizam's the food is delicious and the owner is very accommodating, if you like meat or are vegan, if like food mild or very hot, they can make it all. The bread and rice are the best. The restaurant is simple and clean. I have eaten at Nizam's 3 or 4 times now and get a different dish each time, I have never been disappointed. The price is a little high but I end up taking leftovers home.