“NEVER again”
Review of The Nizam's

The Nizam's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Nizam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“NEVER again”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went there for new year dinner with family. they didn't have any appetizers at all. Waiter tells me we don't carry this items most of the times then freaking take off the MENU. No fish dishes, no lamb or goat dishes, what the hell!! We walked out from there and OWNER has filthy attitude. I will never go to place ever again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Naitik G

Reading
“Great Saturday Buffet”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

After a week at the shore enjoying good seafood I was craving Indian food and stoped for lunch at The Nizam's on Saturday.

I love Indian food and will go out of my way for it. The buffet at Nissan was excellent and included rice pudding dessert an chai. The service is very good and although the atmosphere is fairly plain, the quality of the food more than makes up for it.

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Ok”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have been to Nizam's for lunch many times. When it first opened about 3-4 yrs ago, I thought the food was pretty good. The last couple times, it's been so-so. A little on the bland side. The food is not bad, I'm not saying don't go there. Nizam's just needs to spice it up!

Visited April 2012
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First time to Nizam....Loved it....food was fresh, authentic and delicious. Service was friendly, fast, attentive...our table was check upon several times during our meal...the atmosphere was calm and relaxed.....the decor was plain and clean.....it is a byo which is another plus.....Will be back to try other dishes

• Visited July 2012
Linwood, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian Food Around”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just got back from dinner with my husband and 2 children. It is our "go to" place for "comfort" food. We pretty much get the same thing every time only because we are addicted to those meals, that would be the chicken saag (chunks of chicken in a pureed spinach) for me and hubs gets the chicken mahkani (chunks of chicken in a creamy red sauce) and we share vegetable biryani, a side of raita (mmm..our son eats that yogurty goodness like soup!), naan or roti for dipping. We also start out with papadam and they give you great sauces to dip. We bring a bottle of white wine to boot. We always feel happy, satisfied and full! Honestly, Everything is so fresh and made to order. I love the bringing home leftovers...yes,I have been know to eat them for breakfast :). We have been faithful since they have opened and are true fans. We didn't even know what to order the 1st time ever eating Indian, we read reviews and someone suggested the Chicken Lajawab, an almond sauce with chunks of chicken and spices..mmm! I do get that periodically! My hubs had the Chicken Tikka Masala, great too! We have tried many different dishes to be adventurous and honestly there wasn't anything we did not like. For dessert hmm, ok our favs are the keer (love the indian rice pudding!) and, the kids love the little sweet balls (like lil balls of donuts) called, gulab jumon...we always say it wrong but they know :) oh and yes, can't forget the kulfi (indian ice cream). We have become friendly with the owner and he is such a nice guy and family man. The wait staff we have really come to know and enjoy them as well. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing. Honestly, we have tried a few different Indian food places here in NJ, Pa and FL. and they didn't compare to our "go to" place. Sorry so long and I could even keep going on further. We have turned people onto it that used to say "I wouldn't like Indian food because I don't like curry." I love asking people what curry is and they thing it's 1 thing, little do they know it's a bunch of spices they like just put together....ahhh! Indian food is a wonderful experience...go, go to "The Nizam's"

• Visited July 2012