“AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS!”
Review of The Nizam's

The Nizam's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Nizam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First time to Nizam....Loved it....food was fresh, authentic and delicious. Service was friendly, fast, attentive...our table was check upon several times during our meal...the atmosphere was calm and relaxed.....the decor was plain and clean.....it is a byo which is another plus.....Will be back to try other dishes

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just got back from dinner with my husband and 2 children. It is our "go to" place for "comfort" food. We pretty much get the same thing every time only because we are addicted to those meals, that would be the chicken saag (chunks of chicken in a pureed spinach) for me and hubs gets the chicken mahkani (chunks of chicken in a creamy red sauce) and we share vegetable biryani, a side of raita (mmm..our son eats that yogurty goodness like soup!), naan or roti for dipping. We also start out with papadam and they give you great sauces to dip. We bring a bottle of white wine to boot. We always feel happy, satisfied and full! Honestly, Everything is so fresh and made to order. I love the bringing home leftovers...yes,I have been know to eat them for breakfast :). We have been faithful since they have opened and are true fans. We didn't even know what to order the 1st time ever eating Indian, we read reviews and someone suggested the Chicken Lajawab, an almond sauce with chunks of chicken and spices..mmm! I do get that periodically! My hubs had the Chicken Tikka Masala, great too! We have tried many different dishes to be adventurous and honestly there wasn't anything we did not like. For dessert hmm, ok our favs are the keer (love the indian rice pudding!) and, the kids love the little sweet balls (like lil balls of donuts) called, gulab jumon...we always say it wrong but they know :) oh and yes, can't forget the kulfi (indian ice cream). We have become friendly with the owner and he is such a nice guy and family man. The wait staff we have really come to know and enjoy them as well. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing. Honestly, we have tried a few different Indian food places here in NJ, Pa and FL. and they didn't compare to our "go to" place. Sorry so long and I could even keep going on further. We have turned people onto it that used to say "I wouldn't like Indian food because I don't like curry." I love asking people what curry is and they thing it's 1 thing, little do they know it's a bunch of spices they like just put together....ahhh! Indian food is a wonderful experience...go, go to "The Nizam's"

1  Thank Sheri S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is our fourth visit to the Nizam and if at all possible the food just gets better each time. You must order Mulligatawny Soup as the spicing is superb with subtle hints of orange and other Indian spices I only wish I could identify. We ordered Chicken Makhani and the Fish Curry and were delighted with both dishes. Garlic Nan was also excellent. But the highlight of our meal was the Mango Sunday with homemade Kufi ice cream. Just unbelievable and we can't wait to go back.

The building has recently been remodeled on the outside and is located across on route 322 heading west home from the beach. There are also plans to renovate the interior underway.

I'll give a description of where it is as you could easily drive past. It's located across the street from Touch of Italy and just before Bob's Garden Center.

It's great when leaving the shore areas as the service is extremely prompt and we enjoyed our very friendly waitress as well.

If you like Indian cuisine this is the best and if you don't, you will after you try it here.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

First time going to Nizam's...food was fresh and delicious. We had a restaurant.com deal and had no problems using it. Even if we didn't have the deal, the prices are reasonable. It is a BYOB restaurant which is great too. Service was great, seemed like a family owned restaurant. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Looks like a hole in the wall from the outside, however, the atmosphere is clean and modern on the inside. We would definitely recommend this place :)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Whatever I say about this restaurant would be less. We discovered this restaurant while driving by and what a discovery it has been. One of the best indian food that I have had in this part of jersey. Their Tandoori chicken was awesome. More than anything I would have to commend their service. We were a group of around 12 people and we entered the restaurant about 45 mins before closing and ordered al-a-carte. Despite that they catered to us until we finished our lunch without hurrying us. This made us enjoy the awesome food they serve even more. 3 cheers to the nizams. If you are in Atlantic city, a visit to the nizams is a must.