“STAY AWAY - WORST HOTEL EVER - DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Inn of the Dove

Inn of the Dove
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This place is a dump. DIRTY! RUN DOWN! It is a scary place even in the daytime but gets really worse at night. When you arrive it looks like it is an empty factory building that should be torn down. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life. I took tons of pictures just to show my friends because I couldnt believe what I saw here. The door to our room looked like it had been broken into the night before since there was broken boards screwed back into the broken door frame. The hotel has holes in the outside, rotten wood, roof was missing shingles, broken golf cart with flat tires in parking lot, sign for hotel has brown stains all over it, room has really old dingy stinky carpets, dirty bed, broken sinks, tiles missing in floors, and holes in the walls and every bush outside the hotel has been cut down to stumps.
NOT A SAFE PLACE TO STAY!!!!
NOT WORTH ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY!!!!!
BEWARE!!!!
STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: The hotel room with the pool inside is bad
3  Thank Bob H

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have stayed in this facility twice previously and have never experenced what I did this week-end. There was a run down golf card left with a flat tire at the office & I should of known then to turn around & find another hotel. There was trash outside, rags hanging outside a laundry room to try like the dryer was broke. They did not have any premium chanels as offered in advertisement. They even had the audacity to charge $10.00 for 2 hour late checkout!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RosanneMNewJersey
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This place is beyond terrible , the room has bugs in it ,the floor looks like its gonna fall thru , we needed ice and had to go to the front desk and the man said the ice machine is broke , i should have rode down the highway and thru my 173.00 out the window. Oh and i felt like we would be robbed the outside looks like a trailer park. I would not bring my animals let alone recommend this dump.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank 123,456,780
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed there years ago and it was a very romantic stay, all you needed was in the room so you didn't have to leave. Also visited a number of times since the first time, and the property continued its downward spiral. This was the worst, and last time we'll stay there. We walked in to a mold smell. Dimmer switches on lights no longer function. Blinds fell when door shut. I had to play with the lock to get the door to close. No hair dryer. They removed the bidet. The king mattress was replaced with a smaller one but the base stayed as is. This left a large slot running the length of the bed. My wife almost broke her ankle stepping on it getting into bed. The large shower with two heads was the only thing that saved the night, although the steam option in the shower was gone. We went there for the Jacuzzi. When we tried to fill it, the water pressure was so low that the make shift drain stopper, provided, drained faster than the tub could fill. I stood on the stopper for 45 minutes but only got about 4 inches of water in the tub. Finally gave up. Tried to turn off the water but that wasn't happening either. The wet bar sink functioned opposite the tub, the pressure was great and it wouldn’t drain. The frig didn't work, but the large block of ice in the freezer kept it cool. We also found long black hairs on many of the towels. They removed the sound system that used to have controls next to the bed and added a $5.00 clock radio that had some sticky liquid poured on it so it didn’t work. I approached the manager, Jigger, for a credit and he jokingly handed me a discount coupon for my next stay. He refused to give me the name of anyone in charge or the owner, and repeatedly told me that he was not authorized to give me the owners name and phone number. He then had the balls to tell me to come again and if I had problems he would refund my money. When I reminded him that he just told me he couldn't even give me a credit for this room, he laughed. Throw your money in the gutter and then sleep there, you’ll have a more romantic night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Eleodoro
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Everuthing about this Inn was generic, I wouldn't recomment it for my dog. Don't stay here I'm warning u. The sheets wasen't clean, the walls were painted, the beds were cheap, for it to be called a luxary sweet it was very cheap. No Internet access. This is the 21st century. Whatever u do don't book this Hotel room. The quilt had cigarette burns in them the size of golf balls. It is not a place that you would want to take your queen or husband(King). I won't be back, u couldn't pay me to go back.

6  Thank TheJoneses_11
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We booked a room here after having stayed at the Cherry Hill location several years ago which was lovely. My husband and I wanted to get away for the night before a day at the beach.

I had a bad feeling as we pulled in since the grounds were nothing but crabgrass and had no landscaping whatsoever. The manager was nice enough and checked us in professionally even giving us a map and directions to the room. The office was extremely hot and I just wanted to get out of there as he was saying something about the TV channels.

As we drove to the room, we noticed the place was deserted except for one other car. Rounding the corner to our room, which backed up to a trailer park and cyclone fence, we got a better look at the crabgrass and dead shrubs cut down to the stumps.

The room was very dark and smelled moldy and musty. The door did open and close without issue and the lock worked. There was an odd, tiled counter-top in the entryway. The decor was hideous with some type of shield over the fireplace, brown lattice on the walls and over the bed with one piece broken off. The white plastic vertical blind was yellowed with a few broken slats and no pole to open and close it with. The rug however looked as if it had been vacuumed if not steam-cleaned but there were a few burns and a funky stain on the tile by the fireplace. The bed and bedding looked worn out. We didn't dare pull back the bedspread so I'm not sure if the sheets were clean or not. The towels however were clean and plentiful. The towel bar was broken off and the tile in the locker-room style shower was black with mold. All surfaces from the furniture to the bathroom and especially the remote was sticky. The surfaces of the "bar" (again hideous with brown lattice) and table were peeling. There were deflated balloons on the floor. The table was a cocktail table with two office style chairs.

The TV was nice even though it cut in and out from time to time and we enjoyed surfing the music channels as we began searching for another hotel. In doing so, we found the other negative reviews and figured it wasn't worth asking for another room. I didn't feel safe there as night time was approaching and definitely would not sleep there. We ended up leaving and going to the Days Hotel which was refreshing after this horrifying experience.

In summary, this property should have a "Condemned" or "Demolition" sign in my opinion and "How many hours?" should be the question posed at check-in. The photos on the Web site are fuzzy and there's a reason for that. If you saw the details, you wouldn't want to stay there.

Misstatements on the Web site include, "we are a luxury inn that has romantic, luxurious suites", "Our inn provides an alternative for families and business travelers who want to stay at a more relaxing and upscale place than the typical hotel or motel." I would never in a million years take my family there and how can they say that when there is a two person limit per room?

In our experience, do not stay here if you are expecting a romantic evening and value cleanliness, your health, and your safety. It ruined our weekend, cost us a lot of money, and I am still recovering from the smell and horror of what is grossly misrepresented and advertised as an "upscale", "luxurious", "romantic suite".

4  Thank NewLuggage
Reviewed August 8, 2011

When going to AC, usually stay at the casino’s but as this was a summer Saturday night so we booked at the Dove as this was the least expensive casino alternative,(still over 130$) and the other locations, had decent reviews. Place is what it is, has not been remodeled since early 80’s, and the amenities are very poor. Smallest soap I’ve ever seen, no shampoo, and a ½ opened bottle of some kind of bath liquid. Ice bucket with ice, given at front desk, and you drive to room. Towels seemed clean, and the room, had been cleaned. Chairs were old stained and broken, but at least the chipped table held up. Bed was decent, and the hot tube worked (not well, but wasn’t afraid to put legs in) Rooms are hugh,and have a mini fridge and microwave and there are plenty of restaurants and stores around. Would advise owners, that in US, we expect non broken furniture, and do not like ½ opened bottles of anything, when we stay at a motel; Also to spend a little money and fix few things up. My expectations were not high, so was not caught off guard, by the amenities, and as always, you get what you pay for. Would never stay here mid-week, or off season, as much better deals around

3  Thank jack65_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Resorts Casino Hotel
Resorts Casino Hotel
#3 of 49 in Atlantic City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airp...
#3 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

Been to Inn of the Dove? Share your experiences!