“Very friendly staff, everything you expect in a ResInn”

Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Connecticut
“Very friendly staff, everything you expect in a ResInn”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend, studio room, everything clean, everything worked, all as you'd expect in a well-run Residence Inn. High-speed internet. Good location if you want access to A.C. casinos but also need to be close to Garden State or Rt 9. Very friendly staff, everyone very efficient & they coped well with the high holiday occupancy Thurs-Sun. Only negatives were the loud fridge & hvac -- but not so noisy as to disturb sleep (oh yeah, no AMC so no Walking Dead finale!).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor during the holiday. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that the location was convenient for your visit to the area. Thank you for the comments about the friendly staff I will be sure to pass them along. I do apologize for the noise from the frig and hvac. I will check the units to assure they are working properly.
I hope we see you again in the near future.

Tim Zezulka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stayed for one night at this property. We arrived later at night and when we arrived to check in, the front desk clerk on duty was Tracy. I remember him very well because in 2010 I stayed at this exact property for 60 consecutive nights. After I checked out from that stay and returned a few weeks later for a few nights, I requested a late checkout and the front desk clerk was Tracy which informed me that they do not offer late check out, even for platinum members. So from my previous interactions with Tracy, I knew I was in for no frills when I arrived on Friday night and Tracy was on duty. Anyway, I reserved a studio for one night and as a platinum member, I did ask if I can be upgraded upon check in. Tracy simply didn't respond, and when I asked again he said no. So, not that I needed it, but I asked for a later check out time just to see his response and of course it was no again. Then, he assigns me probably the worst room the property has. The property consists of 4 floors, mostly studios. I requested a high floor. So, unless EVERYTHING was assigned on the 4th floor, I don't understand how he assigns me a room on the 2nd floor. To make matters worse, it's room 209. Normally, the rooms have 2 windows. One in the living/dining area and one in the sleeping area. Room 209 has only one window because it is tucked away in an undesirable corner of the building with a window that faces the brick facade. I forgot to mention that the TV in the room didn't function properly either.

I will be returning to the area soon, and I hate to say it, but I may need to stay at a different property from now on. I really loved this property in the past, but it appears as though the hotel has had a complete change of personnel from the general manager, operations manager, and everyone else that used to be there....except for Tracy! The property seems not as well maintained now. The bathroom still had hairs on the floor as well as in the shower and the soap dish in the shower was not cleaned, it was still very, very soapy.

The staff at the front desk provides guests with their first impression of the property and regardless of how well maintained the property may be, it will always be offset by the attitude of the front desk.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AnsonNYC
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor for your recent stay. I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. The front desk should have taken the additional steps to assure you received the guest room you were requesting. Also we do honor late checkouts whenever requested. I will review with the staff members the importance of making every effort to honor all guest requests. Also will review the proper customer service skills that we expect from our front desk staff. We are always striving to provide excellent service and a clean hotel and we are disappointed that we did not provide those during your stay. I will make every effort to correct the situation. Please do not hestitate to contact me if I can provide any further assistance.
I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2013

i stayed at the residence inn at somers point yesterday. i packed the popcorn provided by somers point residence inn as well as the lotion, as i figured that neither would be provided here at this location...

this is a convenient location, but once summer ended, they stopped providing popcorn and lotion!!! why?!?!

Room Tip: pack some popcorn and some lotion
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor. I was sorry to hear that we were missing some of our amenities. I do apologize for this oversight. We do provide popcorn in the guest rooms. I will make sure I monitor the inventory more closely at assure we do not run out in the future. Lotion is available at the front desk.
Again, I apologize and hope you will stay with us again.

NY, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This particular residence inn is perfect on so many levels. It is clean, modern, has a real pool, and the front desk service was great. Jeanette was so great to us and our 2 year old. Our 1 bedroom suite had everything we needed. We got to visit the Cape May County Zoo and Storybook Land. Our daughter loved both. We also had time to make a quick trip into Atlantic City. We like to take short weekend trips every so often to entertain our daughter and this property is a great starting point for the southern Jersey shore area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hotel. I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. I will make sure I pass on your kind words about Jeanette. Thank you for staying and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Chose this Residence Inn because it was close to Atlantic City and near to a relative's birthday party in Margate, NJ. Check in was a pleasure. During check-in, we noticed that they had a shuttle going to Atlantic City so we decided to take the shuttle. We didn't ask beforehand how many stops the shuttle made before getting to the boardwalk. It took 45 minutes for a normal 10 minute drive. Wouldn't take the shuttle next time since parking was relatively inexpensive at the Revel. When we checked into our room, the tv wasn't working. Called the desk and within 3 minutes someone was there to fix it. The room was clean, stocked with coffee and dishes. Everything worked. The breakfast the next morning, included in price and more than substantial. Would recommend staying here. Price much better than AC on a Saturday evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor while attending a birthday party. We are happy the location near Atlantic City was convenient. Also that you found the guest room clean and the breakfast exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you again in the future.

Pennsauken, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for my anniversary and I was so pleased. Rooms were clean and spacious. Their pictures are spot on. Its close to Atlantic city and they have a shuttle that picks you up and drops you off. Free breakfast was great to.

• Stayed November 2013
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for for the kind words about our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for your anniversary. Also that you were pleased with the breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The place was great. The rooms were the same as advertised. Rooms were clean well appointed and the service very good. The continental breakfast was good and we were able to take it to our room,
We forgot out tooth brush and front desk was able to provide it for us as well.
A well equipped kitchen, large fridge with an ice machine and dishwasher and The rooms were quiet and there were a lot of kids for a soccer playoff and we did not hear them at all in our room and we were near the elevator.

We will return, and it was not far from Atlantic city.

Room Tip: Great place really
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor for your weekend getaway. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the staff. I look forward to seeing you again for your next getaway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!