Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we arrived we were offered a one bedroom suite instead of the 2 suites we had pre-booked because they were 'overbooked', but apart from this issue, which was sorted out quickly and efficiently, our stay was great. Although the staff said they were overbooked it was very quiet and peaceful.

We stayed in two suites, 1 x One bedroom and 1 x Two bedroom. For 2 nights in total. The rooms were huge and had all the amenities you expect; a fully loaded kitchen area, dining area and siting area with two sofas. We had more than enough space. The rooms were clean and well-stocked.

The breakfast buffet was nice, although i'd recommend getting there early as when we got there around 9am, the food levels were running low and the staff had stopped replenishing the food. We were left with the last bagels and not the food we were hoping for as there was little choice. The dining area is also quite small and it fills up quickly in busy periods, but you can easily take the food back up to your suite if you wish.

The property is in a great location, 20mins away from Atlantic city and Ocean city. The beaches there are very nice and good for families, remember to buy your beach tags!
There are a few malls near by too, a big outlet mall in Atlantic City and The Hamilton Mall about a 15min drive in the other direction.

If you are going out to eat in the evenings, i would recommend to reserve a table in advance because the popular restaurants get very busy in high season. The Windjammer restaurant is a simple diner in Somers Point which i'd recommend.

The pool and gym area of the hotel was well maintained and clean. The gym was small but well-equipped and the pool was a good size and very quiet! There is also a small sports court outside in the courtyard but i probably wouldn't recommend playing tennis on it as it's quite small and not full size. There is also a small shop onsite to get provisions but there are also lots of other stores around if you can't find what you're looking for.

Overall, a great family hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are huge (sleep 6) ideal for families.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Egg Harbor. I was happy to hear that our location was convenient for visiting the local beaches. Also pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast, pool and gym. I do apologize for the room reservation mishap and I will be sure to compliment the staff for taking the appropiate action.
I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at this property many times and have always had a good experience. The rooms are clean, well stocked, staff is usually happy to help, breakfast is great and the pool is nice. We choose this hotel when we are in the area and have always had a nice stay. I am sad to report in our recent trip this passed weekend we were not so pleased. There was a church group in for a function and have to report that one of the people on the trip tried to steal our center piece from our hub cap, this happened in daylight around 10:30 am. While we did recover it with my husband and another guests help we did speak with the front desk and while they wanted to call the police the guests were all ready packed and gone. What I am annoyed at is one of the managers suggested that the elder or head of the church be notified and I have had little help with this. The one asst. mgr gave me the name of the elder but without the state or church name it would be hard to find. They did promise to get back to me and they did not. I am a Marriott member use these hotels weekly and have been a guest before and I would feel they should have been more eager to follow up. I had been in hotel management for years and to tell me they do not know what church or what state I find it hard to believe. If they did not want to release that info the hotel staff should have contacted them and followed up with me. While I give this hotel a high score for past experience I am not leaving as happy this stay. I also travel with my child who has Autism and this whole incident upset his entire stay there as he was the first one to spot this man pulling up along side us in the next parking space and getting out stealing from us. It left my son crying and upset most of the day which is really sad. We had problems getting him to sleep that night as he was afraid the man was going to come back. Bad weekend for sure and not happy with no having anyone follow up with us. I know the hotel is not responsible for the parking lot but I would suggest someone needs to follow up with the church so if this group books again no one else has a problem while staying on property the same time as they do.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our property on your most recent visit. I am happy that you have chosen our hotel for in the past for your stays in Egg Harbor. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed the breakfast, pool and that the rooms are clean. I do apologize that your last stay was not satisfactory. I will review with the staff on how we could have improved our service and resonded more appropiately.
Again, Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is hands down, my favorite hotel to stay in the area. I have to come down often for work and avoid the casinos (personally, just not my thing). The location is close to major highways and there are alot of option nearby for shopping and eating ( I personally recommend the Shore Diner right around the block). The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast is nice and there are several choices. In all the times I've stayed I've only had one real issue and that was a broken TV which was annoying; it just stopped working as I was in the middle of a movie. My only other gripe is they have such thin blankets on the bed! My co-worker who also stayed at the hotel adamantly agreed. Otherwise, excellent hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location to shopping and major highways was convenient. I will also pass along your kind words about the service you experienced to our staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the hotel overall. I do apologize for the television not working properly and the blanket quality. I will look into these items. Again, thank you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for only one night but had a good experience. The room was big and clean. We were a corner on the third floor which a highly recommend due to privacy and quiet. The breakfast was included and was actually very good. The pool was warm and large and very relaxing. We did wish that it had a hot tub though. There are activities on site such as basketball and tennis. We liked eating at the Shore Dinner across the street as well. If we ever needed to we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy you were pleased with the guest room, pool and the breakfast. I appreciate that you chose the Residence Inn Egg Harbor for your acommodations. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place to stay, as we were looking for a weekend getaway from Philadelphia for one night. The hotels in Atlantic City were close to $500 for one night, and the bed and breakfasts on the shore had a minimum two night stay. The residence inn is about 20 min from the ocean city boardwalk and even closer to ac. Many shops and drugstores nearby and having a sitting area and kitchen was awesome. Bed was super comfy and free breakfast was a nice touch. Service was great. Would recommend for anyone looking for a quality place to stay for a getaway without paying extremely high prices in the peak summer season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElinorQ
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location near Atlantic City was convenient. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the comfy beds. I appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience while staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Like most Residence Inns, this newer facility's layout is very convenient. A one-room suite still had a full kitchen, king bed and fold-out couch. Quite comfortable and reasonably close to the beaches as well as the casinos. With my college-grad son accompanying us, there was still plenty of room for three. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hotel. I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. Thank you for staying and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a fabulous find. So glad I got my rewards membership with Marriott, because Residence Inn is exceptional. Had to stay out of my home for a few days while work was done, and I have an elderly cat who is of course part of the family. At the Residence Inn we had a little studio apartment, thoughtfully laid out, a full kitchen (they run your dishwasher for you!) and the best daily service. They will even buy and deliver your groceries if you ask. Great place. Made me want to seek out others in places for mini vacations around here. And the maid liked my cat.

Room Tip: If you like silence, ask for a room not facing out toward the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chase M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for you kind words. I'm so glad that our staff was able to meet and exceed all of your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future stays.

Chase Malone, CHS

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!