“Nice property and great choice to stay over the boardwalk”

Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice property and great choice to stay over the boardwalk”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at this property many times and have always had a good experience. The rooms are clean, well stocked, staff is usually happy to help, breakfast is great and the pool is nice. We choose this hotel when we are in the area and have always had a nice stay. I am sad to report in our recent trip this passed weekend we were not so pleased. There was a church group in for a function and have to report that one of the people on the trip tried to steal our center piece from our hub cap, this happened in daylight around 10:30 am. While we did recover it with my husband and another guests help we did speak with the front desk and while they wanted to call the police the guests were all ready packed and gone. What I am annoyed at is one of the managers suggested that the elder or head of the church be notified and I have had little help with this. The one asst. mgr gave me the name of the elder but without the state or church name it would be hard to find. They did promise to get back to me and they did not. I am a Marriott member use these hotels weekly and have been a guest before and I would feel they should have been more eager to follow up. I had been in hotel management for years and to tell me they do not know what church or what state I find it hard to believe. If they did not want to release that info the hotel staff should have contacted them and followed up with me. While I give this hotel a high score for past experience I am not leaving as happy this stay. I also travel with my child who has Autism and this whole incident upset his entire stay there as he was the first one to spot this man pulling up along side us in the next parking space and getting out stealing from us. It left my son crying and upset most of the day which is really sad. We had problems getting him to sleep that night as he was afraid the man was going to come back. Bad weekend for sure and not happy with no having anyone follow up with us. I know the hotel is not responsible for the parking lot but I would suggest someone needs to follow up with the church so if this group books again no one else has a problem while staying on property the same time as they do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our property on your most recent visit. I am happy that you have chosen our hotel for in the past for your stays in Egg Harbor. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed the breakfast, pool and that the rooms are clean. I do apologize that your last stay was not satisfactory. I will review with the staff on how we could have improved our service and resonded more appropiately.
Again, Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Tim Zezulka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is hands down, my favorite hotel to stay in the area. I have to come down often for work and avoid the casinos (personally, just not my thing). The location is close to major highways and there are alot of option nearby for shopping and eating ( I personally recommend the Shore Diner right around the block). The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast is nice and there are several choices. In all the times I've stayed I've only had one real issue and that was a broken TV which was annoying; it just stopped working as I was in the middle of a movie. My only other gripe is they have such thin blankets on the bed! My co-worker who also stayed at the hotel adamantly agreed. Otherwise, excellent hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location to shopping and major highways was convenient. I will also pass along your kind words about the service you experienced to our staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the hotel overall. I do apologize for the television not working properly and the blanket quality. I will look into these items. Again, thank you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

PA
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for only one night but had a good experience. The room was big and clean. We were a corner on the third floor which a highly recommend due to privacy and quiet. The breakfast was included and was actually very good. The pool was warm and large and very relaxing. We did wish that it had a hot tub though. There are activities on site such as basketball and tennis. We liked eating at the Shore Dinner across the street as well. If we ever needed to we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy you were pleased with the guest room, pool and the breakfast. I appreciate that you chose the Residence Inn Egg Harbor for your acommodations. Hope to see you again.

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place to stay, as we were looking for a weekend getaway from Philadelphia for one night. The hotels in Atlantic City were close to $500 for one night, and the bed and breakfasts on the shore had a minimum two night stay. The residence inn is about 20 min from the ocean city boardwalk and even closer to ac. Many shops and drugstores nearby and having a sitting area and kitchen was awesome. Bed was super comfy and free breakfast was a nice touch. Service was great. Would recommend for anyone looking for a quality place to stay for a getaway without paying extremely high prices in the peak summer season.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElinorQ
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location near Atlantic City was convenient. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the comfy beds. I appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience while staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Like most Residence Inns, this newer facility's layout is very convenient. A one-room suite still had a full kitchen, king bed and fold-out couch. Quite comfortable and reasonably close to the beaches as well as the casinos. With my college-grad son accompanying us, there was still plenty of room for three. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hotel. I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. Thank you for staying and we look forward to seeing you again.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a fabulous find. So glad I got my rewards membership with Marriott, because Residence Inn is exceptional. Had to stay out of my home for a few days while work was done, and I have an elderly cat who is of course part of the family. At the Residence Inn we had a little studio apartment, thoughtfully laid out, a full kitchen (they run your dishwasher for you!) and the best daily service. They will even buy and deliver your groceries if you ask. Great place. Made me want to seek out others in places for mini vacations around here. And the maid liked my cat.

Room Tip: If you like silence, ask for a room not facing out toward the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chase M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for you kind words. I'm so glad that our staff was able to meet and exceed all of your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future stays.

Chase Malone, CHS
Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've never stayed at a Residence Inn that I didn't like and the Residence Inn at Egg Harbor is no exception. The hotel is clean and very well kept, the parking lot is well lit and I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe walking to and from my car after dark. The location was fantastic for us. It's approx. a 20min drive to Atlantic City. There are a few fast food places, a WAWA & CVS as well as a handful of restaurants nearby. For those that have never stayed at a Residence Inn - the rooms are set up similar to mini apartment suites. Each room has a full fridge, a stove top, dishwasher & all the utensils you might need if you plan on cooking your own meal.

The indoor pool room is a nice and warm temperature & the pool itself is heated so we never once got chilly. It was very refreshing to see that the pool is handicapped accessible. They do have towels offered at the pool but they are small! Perfect size for little ones, but for adults I recommend bringing your own larger towel (you can ask for extras at the front desk).

The morning breakfast buffet is open from 6:30am-9:30am Mon-Fri & 7am-10am Sat - Sun. They have an array of choices to choose from. Cereals, yogurts and the standard breakfast breads (muffins, bagels, toast, etc.) as well as hot options like scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and make your own waffles. Juices are available in the morning & coffee is available throughout the day in the main hallway which was nice.

I knocked off a star for the rating because it was just a little noisy. The walls must be thin- our neighbor snored very loudly and it woke us up a few times during the night. Also, there seems to not be any set hours when it comes to the basketball court. At 7am we were woken up by a group of kids playing basketball. We were on the second floor facing the court. As much as I love hearing children playing outside (kids now a days spend way too much time inside!) at 7am when I am able to sleep in I found it to be more of an annoyance. I cannot imagine how loud it must have been for the guests staying on the first floor. The pool hours are from 9am-10pm. One would think the outdoor basketball court would have the same hours especially considering there are many hotel rooms facing the court.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper or plan on taking a nap during the day make sure to ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1travelgypsy
Chase M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our property on your most recent visit. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again in future visits to our area. Thank you for your suggestion. Our team will do our best to continue providing great service and a beautiful property for all of your future stays with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!