“Great comfortable stay, clean and close to south NJ beaches”

Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Great comfortable stay, clean and close to south NJ beaches”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place to stay, as we were looking for a weekend getaway from Philadelphia for one night. The hotels in Atlantic City were close to $500 for one night, and the bed and breakfasts on the shore had a minimum two night stay. The residence inn is about 20 min from the ocean city boardwalk and even closer to ac. Many shops and drugstores nearby and having a sitting area and kitchen was awesome. Bed was super comfy and free breakfast was a nice touch. Service was great. Would recommend for anyone looking for a quality place to stay for a getaway without paying extremely high prices in the peak summer season.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElinorQ
Tim Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the location near Atlantic City was convenient. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the comfy beds. I appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience while staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Tim Zezulka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Like most Residence Inns, this newer facility's layout is very convenient. A one-room suite still had a full kitchen, king bed and fold-out couch. Quite comfortable and reasonably close to the beaches as well as the casinos. With my college-grad son accompanying us, there was still plenty of room for three. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Hotel. I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. Thank you for staying and we look forward to seeing you again.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a fabulous find. So glad I got my rewards membership with Marriott, because Residence Inn is exceptional. Had to stay out of my home for a few days while work was done, and I have an elderly cat who is of course part of the family. At the Residence Inn we had a little studio apartment, thoughtfully laid out, a full kitchen (they run your dishwasher for you!) and the best daily service. They will even buy and deliver your groceries if you ask. Great place. Made me want to seek out others in places for mini vacations around here. And the maid liked my cat.

Room Tip: If you like silence, ask for a room not facing out toward the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chase M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for you kind words. I'm so glad that our staff was able to meet and exceed all of your needs. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future stays.

Chase Malone, CHS
Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've never stayed at a Residence Inn that I didn't like and the Residence Inn at Egg Harbor is no exception. The hotel is clean and very well kept, the parking lot is well lit and I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe walking to and from my car after dark. The location was fantastic for us. It's approx. a 20min drive to Atlantic City. There are a few fast food places, a WAWA & CVS as well as a handful of restaurants nearby. For those that have never stayed at a Residence Inn - the rooms are set up similar to mini apartment suites. Each room has a full fridge, a stove top, dishwasher & all the utensils you might need if you plan on cooking your own meal.

The indoor pool room is a nice and warm temperature & the pool itself is heated so we never once got chilly. It was very refreshing to see that the pool is handicapped accessible. They do have towels offered at the pool but they are small! Perfect size for little ones, but for adults I recommend bringing your own larger towel (you can ask for extras at the front desk).

The morning breakfast buffet is open from 6:30am-9:30am Mon-Fri & 7am-10am Sat - Sun. They have an array of choices to choose from. Cereals, yogurts and the standard breakfast breads (muffins, bagels, toast, etc.) as well as hot options like scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and make your own waffles. Juices are available in the morning & coffee is available throughout the day in the main hallway which was nice.

I knocked off a star for the rating because it was just a little noisy. The walls must be thin- our neighbor snored very loudly and it woke us up a few times during the night. Also, there seems to not be any set hours when it comes to the basketball court. At 7am we were woken up by a group of kids playing basketball. We were on the second floor facing the court. As much as I love hearing children playing outside (kids now a days spend way too much time inside!) at 7am when I am able to sleep in I found it to be more of an annoyance. I cannot imagine how loud it must have been for the guests staying on the first floor. The pool hours are from 9am-10pm. One would think the outdoor basketball court would have the same hours especially considering there are many hotel rooms facing the court.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper or plan on taking a nap during the day make sure to ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1travelgypsy
Chase M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our property on your most recent visit. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again in future visits to our area. Thank you for your suggestion. Our team will do our best to continue providing great service and a beautiful property for all of your future stays with us.
Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night to attend some festivities in Atlantic City. This was a great choice and I would definitely stay here again. I traveled with 3 family members and was pleasantly surprised to learn we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which worked out perfectly for us. I had originally reserved a 1 bedroom suite.

The 2 bedroom suite had 2 full bathrooms, 2 king size beds, a full kitchen with utensils/cookware and full sized refrigerator, a dinette area with 4 chairs, as well as a sofa bed and nice sized flat screen tvs in each of the 2 bedrooms as well as in the living room area. This room could easily sleep 6 comfortably especially with having the sofa bed in the living room area. Although free breakfast was offered, we decided to bring our own groceries and make breakfast the next morning ourselves in our suite, which worked out great and having a dishwasher was nice!

The room was clean and orderly and the staff I encountered during check-in and check-out were very pleasant to deal with and seemed appreciative of my business. And the gentleman I encountered overnight to get a replacement remote when the batteries died in one we had was very responsive and happy to help even though he was in the middle of other duties. Also, there was no issue with my request for a late check-out at 1PM instead of noon.

I love that this hotel is within 15 minutes of the sights and sounds of Atlantic City when you are in the mood for that, but far enough away to have some quiet time when have had enough of the Atlantic City party scene and are in the mood to mellow out instead.

Marriott has been my hotel chain of choice for years and this most recent experience is part of the reason why. When in the area again I will see if rooms are available at this hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Hartford
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoy Residence Inn's and the Egg Harbor location is no exception. Great indoor pool and outdoor areas. The breakfast was terrific and rooms clean and comfortable. We ordered a rollaway bed which didn't arrive, so that was the only disappointment.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that it was not communicated clearly that we do not have rollaway beds and that we do have the pull out sofa beds instead. Thank you again for staying with us and I Iook forward to meeting you during your next visit to our hotel.

Riverdale, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2013

residence inn egg harbor great location great staff super rooms full kitchen the 1 bedroom queen is like a mini -suite the bed is super comfortable & all the good stuff pool gym even gas bbq available then the big suprize
free cooked breakfast full breakfast eggs bacon sausage all fresh i will be back here again

Room Tip: all rooms are great we had a 4th floor facing the road and it was quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities at our hotel. I will also pass along your kind words about the service you experienced to our staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the hotel overall. I appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience while staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!