“Very good for the area”

Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel for a night while visiting family for Christmas. The hotel is still pretty new and was nice and clean. The front desk was very accomodating and even upgraded my room as there was availability.The location is convenient to the parkway and local restaurants. The free buffet breakfast was a nice perk as well. I stayed in a one bedroom suite which offered good space which included a separate bedroom and a full kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge, and a 2 burner cook top. My only dissapointment was that the living room furniture was kind of cheap and not very comfortable. Over all it was a good stay considering the choices in the area. I would stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael P
Jim M, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will pass along your kind words about the service you experienced to our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and the hotel overall. I do apologize that you found the living room furniture uncomfortable and appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Jim

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The staff responded to all of our needs promptly (there was plenty). We had lots of family and friends visit us at the hotel, everyone was very comfortable. In August we stayed at another hotel on the Black Horse Pike and had a really bad experience. We will definitely be back to this hotel. The pool really was warm in December, surprising to me, being from Florida.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back to see us again in the future. We appreciate your business with our hotel and Marriott. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were able to get a resevation at this hotel 3 days after evacuation. The staff was dealing with a full house, but even though the phone never stopped ringing, they were cool, calm and collected.
We had the suite. It was quite adequate and we were most comfortable during our stay.
As Sandy conditions chanfed, we made changes in our reservations a number of times and the staff never complained and accomodated us each time.
The breakfast was good, except for the attendant anouncing, "I accept gratuities."
The only drawback was the cleaning. We were in the room twice when the maid came. She spent a total of less than 5 minutes in the room. Changed towels, made the bed and was out.
The dust on the tables and counters was totally ignored.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sjl08203
AIYEH, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we are glad you were comfortable during the storm.

I sincerely apologize about the housekeeping service being very brief/limited. Unfortunately all of our cleaning staff was not able to make it in during the storm due to a large part of them residing in Atlantic City. We did the best we could under the circumstances. Please know during normal business conditions we do thoroughly clean the suites on a daily basis, again we made sure that all guests had the basics during the storm to ensure they were comfortable as you had mentioned. I will also speak with our breakfast staff as it is an unacceptable practice to ask for gratuity. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

First things first, the staff at this hotel did all they could for me. I arrived at the hotel early and they were good enough to find me a room. Unfortunately, the room was acros the hall from someone that cannot seem to travel without there "well trained" pet. I had taken a red eye flight to arrive early at the Jersey Shore, so I was ready to retire early. Much to my chagrin when I was ready to call it quits, the "well trained" dog across the hall decided it was time to let the floor know he was there and needed some attention. I called the front desk to ask what could be done, and was assured they would look into the issue. The following evening, ready to turn in early again, my my furry nemesis started up again. I called the front desk again to ledge another complaint. They apologized, and remembered my issue for the previous evening. They said they would call the guest to insure they were in the room. Shortly there after I heard the door open and close, and the dog ceased making any noise. This is a very nice hotel. Good amenities, good staff. However, they are only as good as the, pet policy allows. I love dogs, but seriously who loves a barking, whining dog? Perhaps limit pets to the first floor, or group the pets together so they can have a puppy party. I guess the real question is, who he hell leaves a dog in a hole room for a couple of hours, so that every sound in the hallway is a chance of a release for the temporary prison your "best friend" left you in. High marks for the hotel. Low marks to bad dog owners

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AIYEH, Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We apologize that the dog across from you kept making noise. We always do our best to keep track of the pet's owner so this does not become an issue. We appreciate your suggestion about grouping pets together however this is not always possible as we do not always have vacant rooms all in the same section of the building. In addition guests reserving different room types makes it impossible to group pets together as they are not all located in the same section of the building. Once again I apologize for the disturbance and appreciate your feedback. We value your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We made reservations for 2 nights here during the Columbus Day 3 day weekend. The man behind the counter was very courteous and pleasant. We asked for a quiet room not near the elevators. He gave us room 101 on the first floor at the end of the hall. As we were about to unpack our suticases, we heard lots of noisy footsteps running up the stairs. My husband walked out of the room and turned the corner and saw our room was right under the stairs. We promptly went over the desk and the man politely apologized and gave us a room 2 doors over toward the middle. Great quiet room! I always recommend if you don't like the circumstances of the room, report immediately to the desk and they were happy to accommodate you. I would come back here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joogee
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Good Morning!

Thank you for your feed back, we will pass along your kind words about the service you experienced to our staff. I am glad we were able to move your suite to a location in the building that you preferred. The end rooms are normally quiet as well, however we completely understand that each guest's sensitivity to noise can differ. Thank you again for your business and feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Nick Katsikis

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn and I will definitely go back. Our first room reeked of cigarette smoke (in a non-smoking facility) and they graciously moved us to another room.

On the weekends it is definitely a destination for families so there is some noise from the pitter-patter of little feet. Sunday night was much quieter. Breakfast is far more than your normal motel waffles and cereal. Real scrambled eggs, sausage, bread, muffins oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, etc.

The room was clean and very spacious. My only complaint about the property is that the mattress was pretty mushy. If we are back in the Egg Harbor area we'll make this our base.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that the first room you occupied had a cigarette smell, we are a 100% non smoking facility, however this unfortunately does not stop some guests from trying to smoke in a room even with a $250 penalty for doing so. We try our best to air out the room as much as possible when this occurs.

We are glad that you enjoyed breakfast and the hotel overall. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Nick Katsikis

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed during a trip to visit my sick uncle - nice room - could hear the person above us walking around at night, also was awoken by the door slamming and people talking very loudly at 5 am - don't stay in a room near the stairwells - the doors just slam shut. Breakfast was very nice and the waffles were very good.

Room Tip: choose a top floor not near stairwell