Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is in fairly new condition. The room reserved was a 1 bedroom 1 bath suite. Just as the previous reviewer noted, there wasn't a luggage rack or dish liquid provided. As a frequent business traveler it seemed odd that these two items were not provided. I experienced difficulty getting extra towels as well. There were only 3 sets and we required 4 sets. The housekeeper who was outside my door in the morning advised me to contact the front desk for extra towels.

After a day at the beach, my group returned to an unserviced room. No extra towels, dish liquid, and 1 un-made bed, but the gratuity was still there so no one entered the room. Perhaps a door magnet that says "Please service room" would work better than the door hanger that does not indicate the need for service. The current door knob hangers may be confusing to some guests.

I was placed in room 230 which is next to the exit stairwell. If you like to hear people (mostly kids) running up and down the staircase all day and night this room is for you. Any room next to or under the stairs will be annoying if you are a light sleeper.

The bbq that was provided was convenient and prepared well. Unfortunately the female buffet attendant was not very kind nor friendly. We she was approached by a guest asking if there would be more salad she did not respond politely. "What you is all that is left." she said. It was only 1 hour into the dinner time. After the guest left she refilled the salad to capacity.

The morning breakfast was convenient and average fare. Eggs, waffles, oatmeal were good however, the waffle line was busy since one of the two machines did not rotate as it should. i.e. it was broken. The morning staff were a bit more friendly than the prior evening.

Overall, the hotel fit the needs of my reservation but not sure if the rate was the best value compared to other options in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairwell and exits.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Good morning,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I think there may have been a misunderstanding with the towels/wash cloths, unfortunately, our housekeeping staff understands very little english and when a request occurs for items that they do not understand, we have instucted/taught them to refer to the front desk so that the request is handled properly. I once again apologize for the inconvenience. As far as the luggage rack and dish detergent is concerned, that is correct that we do not have either in the rooms. Since Residence Inn is primarily an extended stay hotel, all of the furniture as I am sure you noticed has ample drawers to put all of your clothing into versus a rack to live out of your suitcase so to speak. In regards to the dish detergent, we do not have this because our staff cleans any dirty dishes or runs the dishwasher as part of the daily routine of cleaning the room.

I apologize that your room had not been serviced by the time of your return that afternoon, housekeeping was still working, it was not that the room was forgotten, we were running behind on that day. I am not trying to make excuses by any means, but just being brutally honest. I will also look into the the dinner situation as this is not normally like our staff.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Let me start by saying that I like the 'concept' of the Residence Inn and what they have to offer, so if you can find a nice one, then that's even better. I don't believe that this hotel is that old, but the tub had a 30-year yellow ring and overall discoloration around it (Rm. 114). They also provide the bare minimum compared to other Residence Inns. No dishwashing liquid (to hand wash a single dish); no luggage rack (unheard of); hardly any wash cloths! And when I saw housekeeping (working) right outside of my door, the individual told me to call the front desk for my needs (like extra wash cloths/towels) (???).

When setting up the reservation, they didn't want to acknowledge or honor a corporate rate (pre-negotiated with Marriott), claiming none existed, even though every other Marriott property and Residence Inn that I've stayed acknowledge such rates. I set the reservation up through the front desk and when I asked him to email the confirmation, the guy said he could not in an "annoying tone". I asked for a late check out and they reluctantly agreed to one hour, and then hounded me REPEATED about why I was still in the room at noon!

Great place for families if you need separate bedrooms, but check the beds and closets. I'm not sure that this is the cleanest Residence Inn out there...or nicest. In fact, most Residence Inns appear to have very unfriendly staff, so note to Marriott: TRAIN THESE PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room near an exit door. Very long corridors in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lawnut2002
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Good morning,

I will look into the negotiated rate issue that you mention, but please note that it is not a given for all Marriott hotels to have identical negotiated rates, each location can opt in or out so to speak based on volume of business in a perspective market. Once again, on behalf of the entire staff I do apologize and thank you for your business and comments .

Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you want a nice comfortable spot to rest your head while in the Atlantic City area this certainly the spot for you. Definitely the comforts of home...nice size rooms with full kitchens and free wifi. A decent breakfast is served every morning and if you're there during the week Mon-Wed you'll get a decent dinner as well.
There's NO craps when you choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Good Morning!
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the kind words about our facility. We strive to provide a nice place to stay and a great guest experience. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice, well kept and clean, but even though I had made my reservations months ago, when I arrived to checkin at 1p, I was placed in room 130 located on the 1st floor underneath the stairs. I didn't sleep at all because people were tromping up and down the stairs all night long. You would've thought I was staying beneath a troupe from Cirque de Soleil.

Aside from that noise and volume of people, the staff was very young and didn't have the professional appearance that most of the Marriott hotels have.

Room Tip: I actually think that there were ederly people "living" with their dogs on the first floor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank denisehurley67
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Good Afternoon Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and I 'd like to address your concerns/comments if I may.

First with the room location, no matter how far in advance you book a room with us, your reservation only guarantees a room within the building, unfortunately not a specific area of the hotel. We always do our best to accomodate any requests for a high floor, away from elevators, etc., however Residence Inn hotels tend to have many guests who stay long term, (meaning 5 nights or longer) and when you have this occur, like we do at our hotel, the availalble rooms for any given day become scattered throughout the building. A perfect example of this is the elderly couple that you referenced in your comments, they are staying with us 90 nights while their home is under renovation which obviously means that room is unavailable for the next 3 months. When a new incoming guest, such as yourself for example, wantsto stay in that area of the hotel, our room supply becomes limited. In addition, the room type you reserved, which is a one bedroom suite, is also limited in the total amount we have at our location. Out of the 101 rooms total that we have, only 20 total are the one bedroom suite type. I apologize that you did not get a good night's rest, this is the first I heard of people making noise up the stairs as most guests use the elevator.

In regards to the staff appearance, I allow our our staff to dress down once each week under the condition that that they make a donation to the Children's miracle network, which Marriott hotels are a top contributor of, I apologize if this made you feel like the staff wasn't up to par, but I assure you that although most of them are young, they have excellent customer service skills and know their job duties inside and out.

Thank you once again for your comments and your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Nick Katsikis

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Close to NJ Parkway. Close to all the best malls and outlets in AC and Southern NJ. Off the main local drag. Plenty of restaurants avail nearby. Perfect for military families on orders waiting on housing avail.Large refrig. Smallish microwave and stovetop. Studio enough for couple with 2 small children under 5. Recommend multiple bedroom suites for older children. Great breakfast selection. Ample dining room and outside patio. Indoor swimming pool and more than adequate gym. Bring your own headsets to plug into gym entertainment center.on the equipment. Overall, a lovely refuge to center multiple day trips around AC and surrounding area to Renault winery, Cape May Brewery, Cape May Victorian houses and Absecon Lighthouse in addition to all the shopping and casino entertainment.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Hello!
Thanks so much for your kind words about our facility. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

For doing business at the William J. Hughes Technical Center this is one of the better hotels to stay at. The location is only a few miles from the FAA facility and located near restaurants and grocery stores. For an extended stay this hotel, like all Residence Inns, serves well as it has a kitchen with full size refrigerators in each room.

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and this time (April 2012) the Hotel seemed to be not as clean as previous stays. I noticed several times dirty carpets, and found stains on the walls in the suite. In the past, this hotel would have rated with exceptionally cleanliness, this time however, simply average.

The hotel staff was nice and professional. I had no complaints about the staff.

Currently they are providing breakfast 7 days a week, and dinner 3 days (Monday-Wednesday). The breakfast choices were reasonable, and pretty standard, although they did include some variety day to day, which is better than on previous visits. The dinner choices were somewhat less palatable, but edible. Of the three nights, the night that they cooked the burgers was the best. One night was chicken strips that were not reheated fully. Beggars however can’t be choosers, and the meals are complimentary.

The hotel does not have any exceptional views, and the neighborhood is not one that I would go out for a jog in. Considering the Atlantic City area though, it is still one of the better hotels.

Just a block south on Fire Rd is a Genaurdis grocery store (a Safeway Brand). Also nearby is the Shore Mall which you may want to avoid the mall, there is however several restaurants near the mall.

In general, if you are planning on working at the FAA Technical Center, or some other business, this is the place to stay. If you are in town to gamble, stay at one of the newer casinos.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Good morning Clayton,

Thank you for the taking the time to share your experience with us during your last stay, we appreciate your comments and your business. I apologize for the condition of the room as this is normally not like us at all. We will check the romm you stayed in and I assure you we will rectify it immediately. I will also look into the chicken fingers being cold, they are not reheated but rather cooked fresh, I wonder if they appeared cold from being in the chaffing dish for a little while. Again, thanks for staying with us, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Would've given it an excellent rating if Marriot would serve beer/wine with the free dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AIYEH, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Hello!

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your business. We would love to be able to serve beer and wine at our manager's receptions in the evenings however the local township that we reside in does not permit us to do so. We are hopeful that this will change in the future.

Nick Katsikis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Sonesta ES Suites Somers Point
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township? Share your experiences!