“dinner for two”

Joseph's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Guests of Joseph's Restaurant in the Tuscany House take a culinary trip to Italy, as Executive Chef Joseph DeGennaro prepares an extraordinary menu unique to southern New Jersey. Joseph's also features a full-service bar composed of actual wine casks. The eye-catching bar offers a wide selection of liquors and imported wines from Italy and France. Open since 2001, Joseph's Restaurant has become a local favorite of the Atlantic County area. The continued patronage speaks volumes to the flavors that Chef Joe DeGennaro creates, which combines his unique flair and traditions. The food quality and atmosphere are surpassed by none. Whether you choose Italian, seafood, premium steaks or a burger, you are sure to be pleased. We invite you to come and try our diverse flavors and experience our amazing ambiance in a unique setting. ALL HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CALL IN ADVANCE TO FIND OUT DAY OF HOURS.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and i visited recently and we were looking forward to another great meal like we have had here before. But on this night things were not quite right. Our dinners arrived about twenty minutes after we finished our salads and my steak was well done on one side and medium well on the other. Our lobsters were tough and barely warm. Just before our meal was delivered our waitress's helper walked up and without a word cleared our bread and utensils off the table. We will be back hoping things get back to normal.

There are newer reviews for Joseph's Restaurant

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We went for a family dinner and even though it wasn't terribly busy, we waited unnecessarily long to be seated. The Maitre'd seated us and was friendly/pleasant; as was the server, but she was a little. Drinks took a little too long to arrive and then there was a rush for us to order. The food arrived at its respective tempratures, was tasty and a decent portion for everthing we ordered, but the lack of attentiveness to detail left something to be desired. No inquiry as to bread or drink refills or the replacement of needed utensils, which ended up being requested from a bus person. The major disappointment to the meal was the desser; a cranberry spiced tart of which I asked if it would be warmed and was told it couldn't, but after receiving it, believed it could have been. The cake was hard and dry and the cranberries were excessive and gave little to moisten the cake. The Maitre'd checked on us at the end to inquire as to our experience and we said it was good, which is was, but didn't bother to make mention of the dessert or need for service improvements. Maybe this comment will help them in that area.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Joseph's Restaurant for a nice romantic dinner. The atmosphere was nice and the food was pretty good and the prices were in line with where they should be. I ordered a pasta dish and it was good but not exceptional. There are MUCH better options for pasta in the EHC area.

The real area of concern was the service. It was horrible. We rarely saw our server, she routinely forgot refill or other requests (when we were lucky enough to see her), she did not have a great knowledge of the menu, and she did not project a good attitude. The worst was at the end of our meal. We finished eating, waited 10 minutes until we saw our server again and asked for the check. About another 10-15 minutes go by and we receive the check. Not wanting to wait forever just to come back and collect our credit card, I had it ready for her return. She handed me the check, I immediately put my card in it and hand it to her, and she refused it! She said that she was not ready for it yet.

All in all, this restaurant may have been a low 4 if the service was good, but that service was bad enough to where I can give it a 3 at best.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I went to Joseph's twice over the Columbus Day weekend. On Sunday night we had reservations and were seated promptly. Our waitress, Barbie, informed us that we could add a lobster tail to our meals for only $10 extra. Barbie asked how we would like our steaks cooked, since we both ordered different cuts of steak along with the lobster tails. We both wanted our steaks cooked medium. My order came out perfect; my companion's steak was cooked rare. After being returned to the kitchen to be cooked to medium, the entire meal, including the lobster tail, came back OVER cooked. So my friend requested a whole new meal be prepared, which meant she watched me eat and then I watched her eat instead of eating together which I consider to be part of the dining out experience.
Well, the next evening (Monday night) we thought we would give it a second try since we were staying at the Renault Winery resort. Unfortunately, we got the same waitress, Barbie. We hoped she would really want to make our dining experience a pleasurable one, since the evening before didn't go so great. Barbie was only waiting a few tables; however, she spent most of her time and attention on the table of 8 and brought our entrees out LUKEWARM. Eating a cold lobster tail and braised beef is not pleasurable. However, we really didn't want to send our food back and have them overcook it like the night before. I ended up taking mine to go and my friend ate hers lukewarm. Although Barbie admitted to not bringing out our plates in a timely fashion, she pleaded with us to not take it out on the restaurant. Well, how about giving a reduction on the bill? It's not like we were eating at a $10 per entree chain restaurant; Joseph's is advertised as fine dining. I don't plan to give Joseph's a third chance.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had high expectations for this place; we thought it was a high end restaurant with great food. The food could have been great; our first experience I had ordered a filet and lobster tail. I ordered my filet med, it came out raw in the middle and very rare. They said they would put it back on the grill. My meal came back overcooked, the meat was shriveled up and the lobster was ruined. It had been most likely microwaved, the potatoes were scalding hot. I asked for an entire new meal and was given an attitude but a new meal came out eventually. My friend had to sit there and watch me eat while she was done. We decided to give it another chance and went back again, this time our food came out & looked great, except that the plates were both completely cold, the food looked like it had been cooked very nicely but was let to sit for a long time. We told our waitress and the hostess and neither offered to do anything to rectify the situation. They just said we are sorry. In fact we were charged full price even though when the waitress came with our checks she admitted it was her fault; because she left it sit well after it was prepared. Barbie was a terrible waitress because she didn't correct the situation. When you are paying $30 pp you expect good food served hot and prepared correctly. I recently ate at Olive Garden and there was a problem with one of our meals; they immediately corrected it; gave us a dessert to make up for it and when the bill came they had made an adjustment. If they can go out of their way to make the customers feel good about their experience I can't understand why Joseph's staff can't do the same. Very disappointed and angry that I spent so much money and they didn't seem to care. I'll take my money elsewhere, not giving them a chance for a third strike.