“For a short trip for sure recommended”

Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Frankfurt, Germany
“For a short trip for sure recommended”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were searching for a not too expensive hotel which should be clean with a comfy bed and not too far away from JFK Airport. These criteria have been perfectly met by the Edision Extended Stay Hotel. Free parking was available in front of the hotel, the check-in was quick and friendly, the grab n go breakfast was mentioned (07:30-09:30). An elevator to the room was available, the room was clean included a small fully equiped kitchen the "sleeping room part" as well as two small office tables. WLan worked fine. The bath was small but clean. A laundry was available as well (2 Dollars for washing + 2 Dollars for cleaning and 1 Dollar for the washing powder) but we didn't use it.
The area around was ok as well. Some restaurants are close (even walking distance) and a shopping mall is a 10 minutes drive away. It took as app 40 minutes to get to JFK therefore I can only recommend the hotel for our needs. The only thing I was missung but perhaps you can ask downstairs (I didn't)was a hairdry.Not sure if it will be sufficient if you need to stay there longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the convenience of the location, gab-and-go breakfast, as well as the free Wi-Fi. Also, I am pleased the guest room suited your needs during your stay. We strive to provide exceptional customer service, so I am happy to hear that your check-in was quick and friendly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went on a last minute business trip, staid for a week, but if I to do it again I would try to find something better, the staff was nice but didn’t seem to know how to do their job, at check in-out the people from the front desk didn’t know how to work the computer, didn’t know how to activate my room cardkey.
The room itself was OK, clean, but cheep, over all, I will not stay at this place again.

Room Tip: find some were else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chamac0caliente
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that our staff provided you with warm service overall; however, the situation you described regarding your check-in and check-out process is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am going to review our arrival procedures with the entire staff and coach them on how to make sure the process is efficient.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at erc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Bangalore
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well, it is an Extended Stay after all. So, its not great but it could be better. The rooms while clean leave a feeling of a very cheap motel. They also say they provide a carry away breakfast which basically is just a fruit and a granola bar with coffee. But on the other hand, it is conveniently located and easy to use with good parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ArjunGurudev
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to meet some of your expectations ; however, I am so glad that we able to provide you with a good location and a clean room.. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Comfortable room, friendly staff. No wakeup calls, pool or gym. The room was well worth the price paid. Room was in reasonably good condition and it was nice having the kitchen. No worries about cleaing staff coming into the room during your stay unless you are there a week.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. We want to make sure our guests receive the best value and it is clear that you did! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel while visiting family the next town over. The room was spacious and clean and had a nice kitchen area with a large refrigerator, stove top, toaster,microwave and coffee maker. There's dishware and cutlery. I didn't see pots and pans so I'm not sure if they have them at the desk or not. We didn't need them.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room we had on the first floor was very quiet. We were there for more than 4 days so housekeeping and toiletries were available to us.
The only problem we had was that our air conditioner broke down. We called the front desk and within 5 minutes a repairman was there. Within 30 minutes the broken unit was removed and a new one was installed. We were very impressed. Also the key reader to get into the side door didn't work and people tended to prop the door open with the rug. This needs to be fixed.
The grab and go breakfast was a nice extra. There were 3 types of coffees, tea,oatmeal, fruit, muffins and breakfast bars.
The location right off the the turnpike was great. There isn't a restaurant on the premises but plenty a short ride away.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Noisy, dirty and unprepared. Guests making noise in hall and lobby until 1:30 am. Sticky counter top surface. Broken or missing amenities.Check in process was unprepared. If it wasn't close to where I was meeting the next day, I would have found another place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TRUEtoYOU2
North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

First time at one of these hotels and the last time. The check in was cold. Girl was going through the motions. She seemed very unoragnized. Got to to the room locked the door and engaged the security latch. 30 mintues later someone was trying to get in the door. Whomever it was had an mangement or emergency key as it disengaged the dead bolt. If it wasn't the security latch someone would of been in my room. Very scary. Bathroom has no soap or shampoo. Shower curtain dirty. Other then that room was ok.

• Stayed August 2013