“UNFORUNATED CIRCUMSTANCES”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Edison
edison nj
“UNFORUNATED CIRCUMSTANCES”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

on 9/30/ my house was on fire the house completely distroyed inside & personal property was distroyed. I am artist and everything i painted or drawn since i was little is up in smoke. on 10/08/2012 i moved into the extended stay & 20% off but stay had to be 60 days. the insurance approved my stay for 30 days On10/29/ sandy hit NJ and i knew when it hit then about 10 minutes later the electric went out a & it stayed out for 4 days. What is the point of this? They super great manager who all of this never lost her cool. was always nice and smiled. she took control like gulliana did on 9/11.she is one of kind she was here 84 hrs a week. so when electricity back i was told that ins co only agreed to 30 days & because they didnt have their computer available they over booked & i would have to leave. So about 3 hours later the insurance called i was in the lobby i lost i screamed at them. the manager heard me & came out of office and told i didnt have to leave her is Cecilla Rios.

Room Tip: if you do smoke i think they have 30 smoking rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you, and that you are enjoying your stay with us!. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to continuing to have you as our Guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I loved how nice the people at desk were. They listen to me and made me fell better about things. They knew me and the girls by name always asked how we are doing. If we needed any thing. Always greeted with a smiel. Rooms were clean. Always quiet in the hallways. Never really hard noise from ot. The oustide was nice with the landscaping and even other guest we helpful when car needed a jump. I stay there again because of hpw great staff was and mgmt. I also loved being able to cook instead of going out to eat. The shower tub was awsome to and clean. Very clean. Just over all loved being there.

• Stayed September 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Edison - Raritan Center. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our commitment to our guests is that we will continue to strive for excellence, and provide them with the Best stay possible.
Please fell free to contact us anytime for any future needs, it will be our pleasure to assist you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hello,
I am relocating from Chicago and decided to make this place my interim home, till I get my own apartment.
It has been totally worth it.
The rate is very reasonable compared to other similar places (Candlewood / Homestead etc.) in the area. I understand that like some others, comparing it to Sheraton or Marriott would be wrong on my part.
The rooms are clean, comes with the basic kitchen stuff, clean towels and the entire surrounding is very quiet. The front office staff and the housekeeping staff have been extremely polite,courteous and helpful.
On one occassion the Hotel Manager, Ben came up to my room to check on my satisfaction of the cleanliness, in his constant strive to keep up the standards. That certainly deserves an apprecation.
I am compelled to mention the fantastic location as well. The place is right next to the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, Route 1, Route 9. Getting around is easy.
I would definitely recommend and look forward to my stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and have found it to be very quiet, with lots of light.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. Whenever we read comments like yours, it gives us yet one more reason to continue to strive for excellence. Ben and the rest of the staff try very hard to ensure that every guest's stay is totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do for you to make your stay a better one.
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hospitality was exellent,would definatly come and come again to stay at these property.front desk and the house keeping was always very helpful.very courtious staff.travelling from india so alway look for place which feels like home.

Room Tip: every one who travels in the area should visit these location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Edison - Raritan Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
As you mentioned you would stay with us again, please know that we will look forward to your future stays with us.
Dudley, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week on a business trip to Edison. Upon entering the facility, I found the grounds were clean.This hotel is in an mixed industrial/office space complex. The front staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, and larger than your typical hotel area with a fridge, cook top, and counter space. The room was updated ( newer TV and linens.) Overall sleep quality was good. Bascially, a clean, affordable, basic hotel. Nothing special straight 2 1/2 stars.

My only suggestions to the hotel would be to add a few simple items. First, there is no shampoo, Second, there are no plastic cups. I found this inconvenient for basic drinking as well as brushing your teeth. ( I had to use the cups from the cabinets and was gross.). Also, there is no ice machines, or vending meaning you have to leave the property for any vending needs. The ice tray in the fridge was empty...... The " On the go breakfast" was nothing to write home about. ( Although the coffee was good.) Overall, the hotel is fine for one night, nothing special but clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at, and review of, Extended Stay America Edison - Raritan Center. We take great pride in offering excellent service and a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Asheville, NC
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I needed place to stay in Edison on short notice. We decided on Extended Stay based on price and TripAdvisor rating. Our room was clean and spacious. Exactly what we needed. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall, it was hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan D
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Edison - Raritan Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.