“Airline put us up here. served it's purpose”

E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Continental uses this hotel as there "distressed" traveller hotel. hotel is an old holiday inn that has been renovated by numerous coats of paint and nothing else. Hotel is not up to the standards of the lower brands of marriott or hilton. Would not stay here over any of those other brands. It served it's purpose and the airline paid for it, but would not choose this hotel on my own.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2008

I stayed at this hotel using my reward points. When I checked out, they tried to charge me the regular rate. When I explained the situation, the Indian guy said he didn't know how to change it in the system, but that he would talk to the manager and get back to me. A week later, my credit card was charged the full rate, and my points deducted as well. I'm still dealing with this! The Holiday Inn Rewards center keeps on transferring me to the hotel when I call them, and the hotel doesn't know what to do!

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 28, 2008

First, the location is very convenient to the Garden State Parkway, but its entrance is not on WOODBRIDGE AVENUE, but on KING GEORGE POST RD - definitely get driving directions from the Holiday Inn website and don't rely on your GPS to get you there.

Check-in proceeded smoothly and the front desk staff were pleasant and hospitable.

The room was clean but dated, and the carpeting in the room and hallway were in need of replacement. The doorlatch was missing 3 of the 4 mounting screws. The appliances all worked well.

The building did not seem secure, with the outer doors (near the first floor bar) to the stairwell not locked or secured.

The property seemed quite popular with a few special events (ie wedding anniversary) occurring here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Edison....well sort of...we checked out within 10 minutes of checking in. We were told to stay here at a "discounted wedding rate" since we were attending a wedding nearby. Well, first, the discount rate for this piece of garbabge was more expensive then just about any other hotel nearby. second, this hotel was gross. It was dirty, filthy, inside and out. The lobby had some lower class nightclub booming music and bringing ouot the not so nice crowed at all hours of the night. The hallway was dimly lit, gross old carpet, and the room was the same. Though we had seen some of our family's rooms and they were a tad better, they were still WAY BELOW AVERAGE. The carpetswere very dirty, the bed spread was old and from 1950, and I can guarantee you the mattress had not been replaced since whenever the hotel was built 30 plus years ago. They bed broke when my fiance sat on it and she weighs 110 soaking wet. I can deal with a lot, but when the A/C kicked on and was louder than a jack hammer, I picked up the yellow pages and booked next door. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, BOOK AT THE HILTON GARDEN INN!! WAYYYY NICER, AND WITH AAA DISCOUNT, 20 CHEAPER A NIGHT!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bman577
Reviewed October 11, 2007

Like this hotel due to its convenient location to one of our offices just up the street. Have stayed here a few times and have no real complaints other than the fact that you can't get a normal sized meal at the restaurant. Everything is for 2-4 people and nothing single serving sized forcing me to go to Applebee's.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2007

My group arrived at the Holiday Inn Edison on August 25th only to find complete chaos. I must say that I was surprised by the way I was treated by one of the staff members, to say the least. After waiting for my room key for more than an hour, I finally fell asleep only to be awakened by a rude phone call from the front desk at 2:30AM! The person instructed me to vacate the room or he would have me removed. I calmly tried to explain to the gentleman that I paid for the room months prior to my stay. He became belligerent and even yelled at me. Words can't express his rudeness. My husband could hear him through the phone receiver as I was holding it.

Later, I learned that there was a mix-up involving my group and another. I tried to speak to the general manager about my experience the following morning but he/she was unavailable. Above and beyond my atypical early morning wake-up call, the hotel has normal two-star amenities – clean and safe with no extras. The rest of the staff I encountered seemed very hospitable. There is an overpriced deli in the hotel that serves a decent burger and the bar was small but very welcoming. I truly hope my experience was one in a million. I feel obligated to share it because it does make a statement about the hotel’s management. Have a nice trip!

• Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank YPayne
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Due to a flight cancellation, I was given a voucher for a free overnight at this hotel. Check-in staff friendly enough, room comfortable, no problems when I requested comb, toothbrush, etc. Although gift shop in hotel was not owned by HI, it had at least some very essential items, i.e. deo, hair spray, etc. Restaurant was o.k. Bar service was nice and friendly and they make a good margurita! Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#8 of 15 in Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#4 of 15 in Edison

Been to E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center? Share your experiences!