“Very budget hotel with super grumpy front desk staff”

E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My title says it all! Apart from being very budget with super grumpy front desk staff, the rooms here have super dated and tiny bathrooms. The deli next door and the minimart at the hotel are great though.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank bittenbytheTbugz
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay.

We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Edison Hotel Management

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I needed a cheap place to stay for 2 days and i chose this was one because it was cheap, but not horribly trashy looking, however, i was wrong.
Here are my pros and cons:

Con:
-Entire hotel smelled like cigarette smoke no matter where you went
-tv power button was broke and tv remote wasn't working often either
-found dried blood on bedsheets (see picture)
-found a live bug, a silverfish, after we had already been in bed (see picture)

Pros:
-management and hotel staff extremely accommodating after they heard my complaint, and very apologetic. Made sure i received a refund and automatically upgraded me to an executive suite.

Room Tip: Try and get an executive suite, they are actually not horrible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sabith s

Dear Sabith S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor customer service you have encountered during your stay.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up.

Edison Hotel Management

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Omg!!! If there is anyone with class please do not stay here. There was pubic hairs all of the bathroom floor. The whole room smelled like sewage. Housekeeping came she did speak English, she knocked on my door and handed me towels, I guess she said she wasnt gonna clean before she made it to my room. We were there with a big gro. The front desk lied and said by us departing very early they would set up the breakfast area early for us, well, that didnt happen!!! TO TOP IT OFF MY HUSBAND GOT READY TO SHOWER AFTER RETURNING WITH THE GROUP AND NO HOT WATER from 6 pm until 4 am so he had to take a shower in ice cold water as it was already cold outside. The bed linen isnt clean no channels what so ever, im surprised they are even still in business please just go to the Hilton next door
Im sad never in life will return the front desk ppl won't even acknowledge you or say hello..pathetic

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Ruby N
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Newberry30,

Thank you for posting your stay at the Hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for you not enjoying your stay, we truly appreciate this personal feedback and will most certainly learn and grow from it.

Please reach out to me directly should you come to the Edison, New Jersey area again.
We would definitely love to have another chance to have you as our Guest.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the Edison on Sept 14th to the 15th when we arrived it was a bit late and we were checking in and was listening to all that was going on at the desk - the girl behind the counter was very nice but there were problems everywhere - toliet over flowing - keys did not work in the door for other guest - should have been a hint of what was to come - we went up the elevator to the 8th floor and opened our door and there stood our bed - yes stood up against the wall - the pillows were in the bathroom on the sink and the bed was on its side up against the wall - I just started laughing so hard my husband said he would call down for straps so we did not fall on the floor. Well we did get another room and it was nice - but no complimentary breakfast in the morn was not nice either Sent an e-mail off to the GM - no response - very disappointing

Room Tip: ask if they are still having problems before checking in
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky M

Dear Valued Guest,

We are saddened that you did not enjoy your stay and will take all of your feedback into consideration.

I apologize again for not meeting your lodging needs.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 2 nights. I was in town for a car show and was not impressed by the lighting in there parking lot. I got lucky enough to park under 1 of 2 of the street lights. The doors into the lobby were not automatic so if your alone like I was it was a pain having to not only hold the door but to walk in w/ all my luggage as well. That night when I took a shower I noticed hairs from the previous people who stayed in my room on the towels above the toilet on the shelf, around the sink, and a few in the bathtub area. That is just Disgusting!!!

The knob to my AC/Heat was broke. So I had to go down to my car and get pliers just to adjust the climate. Also the plastic molding around the window fell off when I opened the curtains. That's just sad. And the pillows were the worst I've ever slept on! Thank god I at least had one of my own. Where the standard pillow size is about 20x26. These were probably 16x20. Very small and clumpy.

It could have been worse but overall I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced because of the AC Unit .
We will take your suggestions and concerns and will ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

We are truly saddened that you didn't experience a good stay at our Hotel.

Please reach out to us directly the next time you are in the Edison NJ area, we would truly love to have you as our Guest again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our organization (BFU-USA) recently had an annual convention at the Edison Hotel and I would like to state that we had the best experience since we started hosting conventions in hotels several years ago. This was the best of the best experiences!! The sales manager, Catherine was patient, supportive, diligent, available, warm, kind, and ensured we had the best experience. In short she and her staff were excellent!!! The staff went out of their way to satisfy my group, and all our people left the hotel very very satisfied. On behalf of our organization, I want to give a Big Thank You to Edison Hotel....And to the Sales manger and staff: You all are the best ever!!!!!!
Baninla Ladze
National President BFU-USA

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Baninla L.,

We are so happy you took the time out to leave such a wonderful review. We are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, please do come again should visit Edison.

Thank you as always!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently had our annual convention at Edison Hotel and I must say that looking at the exterior of the hotel I was a little disappointed at the choice. But do not be fooled! From the planning stages to the full execution of the convention, their Sales Manager, Catherine and the Event's staff portray such diligence and professionalism that greatly enhanced our experience and helped us achieve a resounding success. Some of our patrons complained that the cleaning staff had been rude but the hotel management was quick to respond and ensure that guests concerns were addressed right away. I'll recommend this hotel and event center to anyone who is price conscious but still wants to organize an event in a nice place.

Room Tip: Executive suites are the best!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Brendan B,

We are humbled by your great review. Thank you for taking the time out to post about your stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you!

-Edison Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#4 of 15 in Edison
Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fords

Been to E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center? Share your experiences!