“Poor Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Cranberry Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania, United States
“Poor Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel in Edison is bad location industrial area, and is not a very good hotel. Not very easy to get too. Looks very poor on the outside. Internet does not work. The sleeping rooms are in very poor shape don’t even have a desk chair. The furniture is over 10 years old scrapped and scratched. The bed is a fire hazard as head board side of the mattress is against the outlet.
The restaurant Harry’s Deli attached to the hotel had $22 deli sandwiches!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ZILUSA
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear ZILUSA,,

We are saddened that you did not enjoy your stay and will take all of your feedback into consideration.

I apologize again we did not meet your lodging needs.

-Edison Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I held an event in the Edison Hotel Ballroom last week, and it was a smashing success. The prices were more than reasonable and the executive and event staff were very helpful in setting everything up.

I would seriously consider throwing another event here in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Bman2013,

Thank you for your humbling review.
We deeply appreciate you taking the time out to post a review about your most recent event.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've stayed there since my last review and it keeps getting better. I finally figured out how to use the unconventional coffee maker; instructions are (or should be) nearby on the same table. WiFi still needs improvement. In house gift/convenience store has changed hands - no more lottery tickets! :( Not the best hotel but far from the worst that I've experienced. The owners appear to be trying to make improvements when they can and I've had no problems with the staff. I'll be back whenever I'm in the area again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joby1956,

Thank you for reviewing the Edison Hotel.
We will continue to improve and hope you continue to visit us.
It was our pleasure serving you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the Edison Hotel this past weekend and I must say I have never been so disgusted in my life.
When we entered the lobby it s did not look so bad, not the best, but certainly not the worst. However when we took the elevator to the fifth floor where our room was located, boy oh boy were we misled.
The walls in the hallway, the bride hallway was filthy. When we entered the room, the first the your are met with is a safe sitting on a box that is covering a missing patch of carpet. The stain under the sink in the bathroom was rut colored. The dirt in the tub was covered by plastic bath mats ( I washed myself standing on a towel in front of the sink). The blankets had stains, the tv had missing buttons, water stains on the ceiling etc. My Husband took some pictures of the atrocities and showed them to manager and she was apologetic and said she would make note to follow up and make the necessary renovations.
In all this hotel need to be closed for renovation
or condemned. It was DISGUSTING and I am embarrassed to admit that I stayed here, but not to warn others would be a crime!!!
This review is not an exaggeration, DO NOT STAY
HERE!!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cestmoi1228
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for posting about your stay at the Edison Hotel.

We are sincerely apologetic that you did not enjoy your stay and will take all of your feedback into consideration.

I apologize again we did not meet your lodging needs.

-Edison Hotel Management

Travelers are raving about these Edison hotels

Somers, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
I realized that the darkening curtains were ripped and had holes in them at 11 p.m. I didn't say anything because the apathetic front desk person Zareeda already had an attitude. I've called and asked repeatedly to speak with the owner and have been denied. The place SMELLS terrible. I will never stay there again and neither should you!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Michael F.,

Thank you for posting your stay at the Hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for you not enjoying your stay, we truly appreciate this personal feedback and will most certainly learn and grow from it.

Please reach out to me directly should you come to the Edison, New Jersey area again.
We would definitely love another chance to have you as our Guest.

Gap PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I arrived, there was something wrong with the reception on both television and the batteries in both remotes had to be replaced. No water came out when I turned on the cold water in the sink so I had to use only hot until they could fix it. That was two days ago.

Now it is almost 2am and there is a party going on downstairs. I am on the 7th floor and all I hear is BOOM BOOM DA BOOM BOOM and every time I call the front desk they tell me they will tell the partiers to turn it down. Four calls, a personal visit from me, and now another call and still BOOM BOOM BOOM. I called again and a different person answered, telling me that the party was booked over a year ago. What does that have to do with it? If I can hear it on the 7th floor then it is TOO LOUD.

Room Tip: Call another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience our Event over the weekend had caused you. We will take your suggestions and concerns and will ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here during our Memorial Day East Coast tour. The hotel was not amazing but good. We enjoyed the enlarged version of food items in the restaurant. The frontdesk stuff Sri-Lankan guy (the only Sri Lankan I met so far in USA) was nice and helpful. He helped us to arrange car for airport. The location is peaceful and beautiful. Rooms are not pretty modern still clean and okay. Got good service too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ayan D
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Ayan D,

We are humbled by your response. Thank you for taking the time out and writing about your experience. We agree Shameer is a great asset to our company and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again.
-Edison Hotel Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Palace Hotel
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison

Been to E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center? Share your experiences!