E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center
$107
Fairfield Inn
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited the Edison Hotel on July 23, 2012 as part of a bus group of 55 travelers. Prior to staying at this establishment, I read reviews that were negative (to say the least). I was in contact with one of the managers of the hotel, Shonila Ali, and she assured me that there was no need for my concerns regarding the quality of customer service or accomodations at the facility. She claimed we would all be housed on the "executive level" as an upgrade automatically because of the booking agent. I want to make it plain that everything posted on this website is accurate. Here is what I and my travelmates experienced: One washcloth and towel per room, whether you had one or four people assigned to the room, dirty carpets, stained chairs, drapes that didn't close, water stains on the ceilings, mold on the bathroom ceilings, wallpaper/paneling stained and coming off the bathroom walls. saggy mattresses with springs popping, no central air in the hallways, non-functioning air conditioning units in individual rooms, a smell I can't even describe but old moldy basement comes close, a breakfast "buffet" that consisted of powdered eggs, sausage, potatoes, boxed cereal and bagels, all cold by the way, a view of a big dirt and rock pile was what we had to look at from our room. I travel frequently and have never stayed anyplace like this. To sum it up: I HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS HOTEL. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS ESTABLISHMENT. THEY NEED TO BE REPORTED TO WHATEVER STATE AGENCY PROVIDES OVERSIGHT IN NJ!!! Pictures are provided to substantiate my description..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tanya T
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I visited the Edison hotel in Edison, NJ while on a bus trip on July 21, 2012. This hotel should be demolished and rebuilt from the ground. It's secluded away from everything so you definitely need transportation.The Edison has a hotel exterior with motel amenities. A very cheap motel may I add.The Edison is a 1 star hotel with an attached restaurant with 5star prices that closes at 930pm on weekends...the ceilings have evidences of a leaking roof or plumbing issues in the the guest rooms...The furniture and televisions are old & outdated. The dresser drawers are falling apart. There are Irons are missing from the rooms and microwaves are in only in a few of the rooms. They provide one washcloth, one hand towel and two big dirty bath towels for 2 guests.The carpet throughout the hotel is filthy. The bathrooms are small and in need of a good cleaning. The linen is old & worn. This place is understaffed  with one person at the front desk to address all of your concerns & check you in.The coffee machine in the lobby has an out of order sign on it. No security or security cameras on the premises ...delivery men and outsiders can entered the hotel/motel at leisure. Delivery man was allowed to deliver right to your room door up stairs...definitely a security issue what if a hotel guest was robbed or assaulted or a child taken by this person? Who would be liable? The hotel guest should have to meet delivery men in the front lobby. This hotel is in need of a major overhaul starting from the top!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Lovey1234
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Lovey1234,

We thank you for posting about your stay at the Edison Hotel.

We are sincerely apologetic that you did not enjoy your stay and will take all of your feedback into consideration.
I apologize again we did not meet your lodging needs.

-Edison Hotel Management

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. There was only one bath cloth for bathing. I politely called downed for the front desk staff to bring some up, and he asked me to come down to retrieve them - past midnight. That was disappointing, but even greater disappointment was the breakfast we were served the next morning. And the place does not smell pleasant (dry powdered eggs, flavorless sausage). Well, that was it for the "hot" food. Who doesn't have bacon, pancakes and/or waffles??? This was probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed at (even when compared to the priceline "deals" that you don't see before you get there). Pay a little more to stay somewhere else - this wasn't worth it (and the bed was hard).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tia S
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced in your recent stay and will take your comments to our Housekeeping Manager to enusre situations like this do not occur at any time.

We are always committed to providing the best service and value for all our visiting guests.
I urge you to contact me directly should you be in the area again, I can ensure that your next visit to the Edison Hotel will exceed your expectations.

Management at the Edison Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We love this hotel for its cleanliness, great service, clean pool, comfy rooms, clean bathrooms, great parking. Great place to stay the time you need to stay. Great shopping nearby. My family makes sure we stay at this hotel when passing by NJ.

Room Tip: No breakfast provided by hotel but diner right next to hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sofijb
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Sofijb,

We are humbled by your great response.
We certainly do hope to see you again, and as always, we thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

Management at the Edison Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This former Holiday Inn shows its age. The place is clean, but run down, with evident wear and tear in the elevators, hallways and rooms. The bed linens are nice, but toweling is locker-room quality, and there's not much of it. Only 1 washcloth and 1 hand towel provided for 2 people. And no floor mat. Twice we asked for more, and received more one of those times. Bathroom lighting is a 4-bulb strip above the mirror. One was burned out, one was shorted. We made several requests to have it fixed, but nothing was done. The hotel restaurant is phenominally overpriced, but other eateries and the Menlo Park Mall are only 5-10 minutes away. If you're not too fussy about where you flop and can get a good price, it's acceptable -- but not much more. One travel site billed it as 3 stars -- it's maybe a 2. Easy access to major highway routes, including Garden State Parkway and NJ Turnpike.

Room Tip: Desk crew tries to be accommodating to requests to solve problems, but seems overworked and understaffed, so keep trying if you don't get a response.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear David B,

First off, thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

We do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Please do think of us when you are in the area again, I will personally make sure your stay will exceed your expectations.

Thank you!