E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center
Free cancellation until 06/01
Book now, pay at stay
$57
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The girl at the front desk had to tell the person on the other line "Hold on girl, I guess I have to start working" and then continued to hold the phone to her shoulder and talk about their evening plans while checking us in.

View outside of this room was of construction. The room smelled when turning on the heat, like it was burning fabric or hair. There was no remote and only 3 small throw pillows, when called down for the items, the same front end clerk answered and someone will be up there within a few minutes. No one came until the next event happened. Which was that our toilet did not flush and overflowed... even though no paper product or otherwise was flushed. Called down again, someone finally showed up 45 minutes later with a plunger and said he forgot the remote.

Went to the front desk to ask for a different room because we weren't sure what else could happen while sleeping there. She was able to accomodate (while still on the phone with her friend).

Second room was much better.
Checking out, a nice gentleman gave us a discount on the room after he asked how our stay was. Replied with "interesting" however, upon checking my account statement, Hotels (dot)com still charged us the amount oringinally stated instead of the discount rate that we had signed for at check out after our (insert sarcasm) "Wonderful" stay.

Room Tip: Don't turn on the heat or A/C. Terrible smell emits from them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dara V
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This incident happened on December 30th and 31st 2011 at Edison Hotel. I was staying in Room 310 and friends was in Room 315. I left my wallet in hotel room and placed it inside my luggage and our money were stolen!!! Some friends stayed the other rooms said their bags and luggages were moved, Be careful of housekeepers!!!! Low qualities of staff is a big problem. I know I cannot get my money back, but I want let my personal experience to warn everyone. Hello~ hotel manager and Guest Relations Coordinator! I haven't heard from your reply since you've known that I already went back to Toronto. Oh~ Disappear and no response! That's your hotel's attitude! And I don't care now! Just want to tell everybody my experience and avoid next victim happended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor should be careful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Felicia L
Shonila A, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear Felicia,

We thank you for taking the time out to post your experience.
We apologize we did not exceed your expectations, although I did talk with you back and forth personally, and I did advise that since the complaint was not given until two days after you had checked out there wasn't much I could look into.

I thank you once again for taking the time out to write your response and do hope that you can give us another chance and do think of us if when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Other than the carpet in the halls being in desperate need of cleaning, many deferred maintenance issues and an out of the way entrance, the hotel meets all basic needs. There is a very good deli-HAROLDS-located in the building. You need to get a special menu from the hotel, as the regular menu only offers GIGANTIC portions with enough food to eat as leftovers for a few days. The fire alarm went off at 4:30 AM due to someone smoking in a non-smoking room. There was a long delay until the fire department came, but who doesn't need a 45 minute wait outside? LOL

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank IllinoisAces
EdisonHotel M, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking time out of your day to post your comments about your recent visit to The Edison Hotel.

We hope you chose us again should your travels take to the Edison, New Jersey area again.

-Edison Hotel Management

Reviewed October 24, 2011

we asked to be away from the bar noise.they put us on the third floor and they said ....opposite direction.
guest what...we were shaking in or beds until 2am from the music and drum in the bar.
My husband called the front desk...and they pretty much said...live with it until 2am.
The site said there was a fridge and micro...there was none and no one knew which room had one.
BEWARE

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank lise l
Shonila A, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our event, that was taking place, had caused you and your Husband.

Refrigerators and Microwaves are available upon request.

I urge you to contact me directly should you come around the Edison area in the future, I will personally make sure your stay will exceed your expectations.

And as always, we thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We booked this place not for fun, but for business, for 2 nights.
I read in previous reviews not to stay on 2nd floor because of music. We asked for third floor or higher and were put on third. The music was intolerable even on third floor. I called the front desk, was told that the music would continue till 2 am. I said I was going to call the police to complain, I was told to go ahead, they would not come...it was a bar and it was legal.!!!
Also, we were told rooms had microwave and refrigerator...ours did NOT. I call the front desk and asked for a room with one and was told they did not know which rooms had them!!
Front desk was snotty and indifferent...stay away at all costs. They are going to run this place in ground in and board it up...they DO NOT CARE about guests.
The lobby in the morning looked like there had been a riot..filthy...litter...horibble.
Sleepless in Edison

Room Tip: stay away.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark O
Shonila A, Manager at E Hotel Banquet & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Mark O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I do apologize for the inconveniences that you had experienced at our Hotel.

We will follow up with the staff to ensure that this won't happen again.
As always, we sincerely thank you for your feedback.