“Very Good”

Havana Central Menlo Park Mall
Ranked #11 of 325 Restaurants in Edison
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors at Menlo Park Mall and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out for dinner with the family, joining us for a happy hour sangria, having a snack during your shopping trip, enjoying an event in our private banquet room, or having us cater a party or get-together, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our server was very pleasant & patient with us as this was our first time here. Our drinks were a work of art to look at & out
food was amazingly good. They are a little pricey. We will
definitely return for a special occasion.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

First time at this particular Havana Central and it was a big disappointment. My husband and I stopped in for various tapas, the waitress was pushy about drinks, I wanted a water my husband a beer, she definitely wasn't listening, it was like a pre recorded message instead of listening to the client. We ordered empanada sampler, lack taste and we had 3 different one, queso came out cold...service was indifferent, we asked for the check and left.

Date of visit: June 2018
Jeremy M, Owner at Havana Central Menlo Park Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Sorry to see you received this kind of service. We're so grateful for every customer that visits our restaurant, and you should never feel less than appreciated. Wish you had enjoyed your experience more. In fact if you'd like to email us at info@havanacentral.com with reference to this review (and location) we'd like to discuss it more and see what can be done.

Feel free to give us another try,
Kylene S., Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2018

I was in for lunch on a Wednesday. Made a special trip over since the menu sounded interesting. I was seated in the bar area (even though it was empty) and had to move to the patio since it was so COLD in the bar. The patio was OK except for the music, which was so loud that I could barely think. My server introduced himself and recommended the Ropa Vieja for lunch. I ordered it with fried plantains and side salad. The food was awful. The plantains and Ropa Vieja had not flavor at all and the salad tasted like the dressing was Kraft Italian. I left most of the food and paid the bill. No apologies. They did offer to provide a different entree but by this point I was done. I went to the Chick-Fil-A and had a much better meal and experience. You are warned.

Date of visit: June 2018

Todd, I'm sorry your time with us didn't go as expected. I hope you'll give us another chance to prove we're all about providing flavorful dishes. Until then!

Best,
Kylene S., Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We went to Havana Central at Menlo Park on Saturday before Father's Day. It was a convenient spot in the middle to meet our elder daughter with her family. They drove from upstate NY, and we from southern New Jersey. It is only 5 minutes away from the Turnpike, plus we are big fans of Havana Times Square that we have been frequenting for the past 10 years. We were a bit apprehensive about mixed reviews, bit decided to go anyway: how bad could it be? Plus the menu looked similar to the one at Times Square. To begin with, there were no open spots at all at OpenTable. When I called, the lady insisted we come half an hour later than requested, because, she said, they were fully booked. Wgen we arrived, the restaurant was half empty. This sentiment combined with the fact that we waited 15 minutes for a server to come to the table accounts for 4 stars instead of 5, since everything else was perfect. They have comfortable spacious seating area with arm chairs to wait for the rest of your party. The fact that there was a giant screen TV with a World Cup game on raised the restaurant's score significantly. Once a server arrived, he was phenomenal. There were 7 of us, including small children. The order was quite detailed, with many customized items, but Said didn't take any notes and got everything right. We had a very comfortable Cabana-style booth. Everything tasted delicious, especially pineapple chicken, pernie asado, and green and sweet plantains. We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend this place to Cuban food lovers in this corner of the world!

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Well, I an Dominican, but I LOVE the food here. The treatment from the manager and the host has been great every time we've been there and sometimes that leaves a great impression on customers. Keep up the good work and I definitely recommend

Date of visit: March 2018