“Good Indian food and desserts. Dahi Papdi Chat is a must try.”
Review of Moghul

Moghul
Reserve with OpenTable
Moghul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metropark (NJ Transit)
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Though not all the items were not excellent, they were all worth the shot.
You will get Indian chat, Main course with side dish, Indian desserts.
I really loved their Dahi Papdi chat. The Pani Puri looked too costly for the taste.
The Biriani was good. Chicken curry was excellent.
I bought Laddoo and Cashew Burfi. Both of them were good.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

There are many Indian restaurants in the Iselin & Edison New Jersey area. Moghul has been our favorite for many years. The food is a wonderfully rich and complex mix of flavors. You go to Moghul for the food, not for the service or atmosphere. With many large groups and children it can be a bit noisy but the food is worth those inconveniences. We had an assortment of appetizers and entrees that we all shared. Every dish was served piping hot and each one was better than the previous.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I love Indian food and have eaten in various Indian restaurants here an overseas. Moghul came highly recommended (by one of our Indian friends amongst others) and we were looking forward to our first visit there. We left very disappointed and we will not give it another try. We thought we hit the right spot when we saw that most of the patrons were of Indian decent. First we were seated in a booth in the far corner of the restaurant even though more central and desirable tables were free and available (as if they needed to hide us). It was very difficult to read the menu and later on see what we were eating, since there was hardly any light in the corner we got stucked in. Then a bug crawled out of my husband's napkin. The Shrimp Til Tinka (sesame coated shrimp, marinated in spices and grilled) was dry and tasteless. They also seemed to have been fried and not grilled. The chicken soup we wanted was not available, the tomato soup was good. The biggest disappointment was the Saag Ghost (finely chopped garden spinach cooked with tender lamb pieces in an authentic combination of spices) - my husband ordered it spicy. The lamb was dry and not tender at all, the dish was not spicy and it was not flavorful at all. My Murgh Sagwala (tender boneless pieces of chicken cooked in spiced pureed fresh spinach) was o.k. - definitely the better choice, chicken was not too tender either and I kept pulling whole Cardamom pods and bay leaves out of my mouth. Even though not spicy (I asked for mild), my husband preferred my dish over his. The Rasmalai (creamed cheese patties prepared in sweetened milk, flavored with cardamom and pistachio) had hardly any cardamom and pistachio flavors. We had to wait for a long time to get the check, then it took quite a while for somebody to come back and take our credit card. All in all a very disappointing experience of something we were very much looking forward to. There are many better Indian restaurants in NJ.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was awesome, great tandoor chicken at least for outside India and the curries the chef made were out of this world. The closest would be the ones in London...if you been there around Paddington to eat Indian food. Super friendly staff that knows how to keep it up and don’t miss a beat.

1  Thank Toenn
Reviewed July 5, 2013

One of the best brunch I have eaten in recent time.
They had couple of tandoor options, very good overall meat and vegetarian dishes.
Don't miss the desert - Angoori Rabdi

Been to Moghul? Share your experiences!