“I'll be nice.”

Quaker Steak & Lube
Ranked #23 of 277 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Since 1974, Quaker Steak & Lube(R) has been the place for anyone looking for hot wings, great food and lots of fun with friends & family.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was the first time I went specifically for a meal. The first time was for drinks and an appetizer. After going........Nothing special. Food was average in quality and price. Menu was ok. Decor was nice. Maybe its just another example of a national chain restaurant, where is you get what you get and you don't fuss a bit.

I'm a huge collector of shot glasses wherever I go. They had the for sale with the city and state printed on it. After I ate, It wasn't worth it to me to take $5 out of my pocket.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food is horrible and so is the service! A bar and grill should have excellent fries and mozzerella sticks, this was not the case. The ranch sauce tasted rotten and so did the sauce for the onion rings. I wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone, you'll leave hungry. The servers would not come by and when we asked for something they took about 20 mins to get back. Very unpleasent experience

1  Thank Mira P
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Service is horrible and food takes forever to come out. . Food inconsistent and many times cold. Managers try their best to keep the patrons happy but something is definitely wrong. I have gone 4x now and 3 out of the 4 times food took over 45 minutes to come and your drink order was at least 10-15 minute wait. Many times half the people at my table got their drink while the other half had to wait.

Food is average but prices are really reasonable so you get what you pay for. Better choice is to sit at the bar. Your drink arrives quickly and they have better handle on getting your food on time.

All in all it isn't a bad place. Décor is cute and servers do try their best. There is a great happy hour so the good makes up for the bad.. Don't expect great service or perfectly ordered food and you will be happy

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Very pleasant surroundings...outdoor bar seating def. a +++......excellent wings from mild to Flame thrower....Good Happy hour....friendly crew ....Had a delicious ribeye steak..

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my first visit and it won't be my last. I left impressed. The service at the bar was excellent - a refreshing change from other places. Several times the bartenders checked on me, let me know when to expect my food and asked if I needed anything else. The food prices were about the same as other corporate-type restaurants, reasonable. But the menu has some interesting items other restaurants don't have - like bratwurst chili and buffalo mac and cheese. Portions were good. Interesting decor, casual atmosphere. I am looking forward to going back to try some of the other items.

TheOfficialQSL, Franchisor at Quaker Steak & Lube, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

ThanQ for sharing your review! We are always happy to hear from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly Team Member service and our menu options. Please come back again soon!