All reviews stayed here yogurt room was clean hard boiled eggs visiting family in the area long hours marriott standards breakfast included in room coffee would stay here again nj turnpike property business interstate route nyc menlo
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Booked a two day stay while visiting relatives in the area. Chose this hotel because of the pool, fitness center and breakfast included in the cost of the room. Showed up at the pool in our bathing suits only to discover it closed down with no information on when it would reopen. Changed clothes and went to the fitness center which was extremely hot, had no weights and the treadmill was broke. Changed clothes again and went to breakfast only to discover it filthy. Pancake batter, food waste and general filth everywhere. Dissatisfied with all this, reported it to the front desk with the intention of checking out and going to a different hotel after having our bill adjusted. The employees there encouraged us to stay until the general manager spoke with us. We took the bait and stayed. The following morning the dining area looked exactly the same, so we left another message at the front desk and found a diner to eat even though our room rate included the cost of breakfast. The GM did not contact us during the entire 2 day stay and upon checkout we were again told only she could adjust the bill. We left email address and home and cell phone numbers, but still no contact from anyone. After completing the hotel survey sent to us, the GM, Iona Olsen responded that she was new and was addressing the issues, but no mention of adjusting the bill. Follow up with her resulted in an email where she admitted that she was away for several days in training, then an illness but when she returned there weren't any issues and therefore no adjustment to the bill would be made. Complaints to Marriott Corporate resulted in a reply indicating that that property was a franchise and they could not address the matter. My advice, as long as there is a GM who allows the property to fall into disrepair, then refuse to respond responsibility, you should avoid this place and select one of the many other hotels in the region. I am a long time contributor and my review should be considered valid.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Marty D
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for couple of the nights. The hotel is ok with all the required amenities. The complemental breakfast in the morning is also good. There is also a small gym available in the hotel along with a swimming pool.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Checked in late for a 1 night stay. Smelled awful. Thought it was stuffy. Turned AC on hoping it would help but made it worse. Didn't sleep well. Really awful experience. Sick to my stomach the next day. Next morning, I saw the mold. Sent a Letter to GM w/photos of mold but never heard back. Really disappointed! An acknowledgement would have been nice & a guarantee they'll fix room before booking again.
It was a handicapped room too so it would be terrible for someone with breathing issues to stay in that room!

Room Tip: Do not book a room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LizFach
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Very specious rooms , comfortable bed comfortable pillows , calm and cool ...without any noise population inside the hotel and outside too , very good location , not far from shopping areas , good breakfast..specifically no problem for vegetarians

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 20, 2017

Dear skpatel,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback following your recent stay. We truly appreciate your business and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edison.

Have a great day!

Amy H.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

After spending the day in NYC we stopped here on our way home. The location was quite convenient. Here is my summery with the details below. The hotel was nice and overall it was clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. One drawback for me was the cobwebs on the lights above one of the tables in the dining room, and I wasn't impressed with the hours for breakfast.

I need to start by talking about our booking experience. Naturally, we looked on the internet to find what deals we could find. We were a little bit of a larger group, so it would take some extra work. "Booking.com" (a service we have never used and one I DON'T recommend) found a good deal. We attempted to call the hotel directly but had ABSOLUTELY no success getting through. I do not hold the hotel accountable for the issue with "Booking.com" which messed up the reservation we were looking for, but I was unhappy that the ability to contact the hotel directly was an issue. Marriott's 800 number helped us out in the end. (They were also unable to make contact with the hotel)

The hotel has a nice, modern ambiance that I appreciated. That being said, it didn't have any frills or thrills beyond the minimum that I expect with a Fairfield. For the purpose of spending the night, it was fine. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I didn't hear any noise from rooms around us, the hallway or outside, which is always a plus. (The hotel wasn't empty, either.) Also, as there is a growing trend of having USB plugs available in hotel rooms, that is not the case in this hotel. Be prepared with your own plugs for USB chargers if you're going to need them. It was not a drawback for our group, but some may rely on that.

Breakfast was okay. There wasn't a large variety of food, but there should have been something that everyone would appreciate. It was a Sunday morning that we stayed. The hours for breakfast are slightly different during the week, but the hours were not what I usually expect. In this case, there were a lot of people all trying to eat around the same time specifically because there wasn't a large time frame for people to eat. Breakfast ended at 9:30, but they were still offering food at 9:30 rather than simply ending their service. Breakfast included, but was not limited to, some cereals, omelet style and hard boiled eggs, sausage, yogurts and a "pancaked waffle" maker. The waffle maker was very slow and there was only one iron. The line was long and not everyone who wanted one got one. As I pointed out above, this was the one area that I was turned off by some cobwebs in the lights. Overall, I'd give breakfast two out of five.

The biggest plus for the experience was the location in relation to the interstate and NYC. It wasn't a terrible drive from NYC and getting on and off wasn't bad either. It was a comfortable stay. Our family did not take advantage of the pool, which appeared to be a basic pool. Our stay was simply overnight, so we weren't looking for anything else nearby. If that is something you're looking for than you should probably know that it isn't amidst other business but more out on its own at this point.

Again, it was an average stay in an average place and worked well for us. I would be open to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family