“Good business hotel in Edison, NJ”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in November 2012 at this Marriott hotel. i picked this hotel due to its proximity to NJ/ RARITAN since i was on a business trip. Good choice for business travellers- has good service, has good restaurant options. Hotel staff were couteous and supportive.Rooms were spacious and with good internet connectivity. As expected in Marriotts, rooms are clean and eco friendly too. would recommend for anyone driving in for a few days of business around this area

Breakfast options were good and i found the room service excellent. i had to stay in the room on some days.. the hotel took care of my requests..

a major storm was around NJ during that time but service was uninterrupted and good,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and i were staying at the red roof inn across the street. Our family was preparing to head off to NYC in the morning and we were ready to book a room for my grandparents at the Fairfield (better comfort).
We walked in, and were in the process of booking, when we saw a few friends being kicked out of a room due to their loudness. We said hi (as anyone would when seeing a friend), and the desk clerk refused to give us a room for my grandparents, simply because we knew the noise makers.

I was in disbelief and what had just happened. Absolute joke to not give us a room. The overnight desk clerk should be fired. Such a lack of respect should be punishable.
Book here if you don't mind being disrespected at the snap of a finger.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank VGandhi21
Reviewed June 18, 2013

During May and June we had two 10 night stays due to a medical situation. The first time was a double/double and the second a handicapped accessible king suite. The rails, shower seat, and spacious bathroom worked very well for a person with mobility challenges. Both were well maintained (the hotel is going through a room by room renovation, including the public areas. In a few months it will feel like a new property). The housekeeping was consistent, with towels and amenities in place each and every day. The housekeepers were considerate of our needs if we happened to be in the room. Breakfast was very good, and usually ready well before the posted time, as the overnight front office staff kept an eye on early checkouts and made sure breakfast was ready. The front office staff are exceptional, consistent in their greeting and treatment of all guests. Daniel H., Taurie, Daniel F., Shayna, and night staff Lance and Senora all did an excellent job. After the first day you were often greeted by name, and it was reassuring to know such good people were there given our long term stay and needs. Manager Larry Benus was visible and helpful. If in the area again we would definitely choose the property.

Room Tip: on the back side, facing the woods, 2nd or 3rd floor away from the traffic noise of I 287
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had a really hard time finding it and I never get lost. The room was okay, but i felt it was over priced at $160. However, the free breakfast was very good in comparison to most hotel buffets. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recently I had some business in the area and decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn located in Edison. My trip was a very hectic trip and I arrived at the hotel around 11:30pm. The gentleman at the front desk was kind and helpful while checking me in. I went up to my room and proceeded to unpack a few items and get ready for bed. Around 12:30 I was about to crawl into bed and when I pulled the comforter back on the bed I noticed that the sheets were really wrinkled. I swiped my hand over the sheets to smooth the wrinkles and felt lots of gritty, sand-like crumbs, dirt or crusty skin. I called down to the front desk and the gentleman offered to move me to another room. Since I had two double beds in the room I decided to check the other bed, once I found that it was clean I choose to sleep on that bed. It was too late to deal with packing my items back up and moving to another room. I was told that he would notify the manager and that the manager would speak to me in the morning. When I checked out no one mentioned it to me, I brought it up to the front desk clerk and he said, "oh I saw that in a note and I am terribly sorry." Once I was home I called to make sure the manager knew of this issue and he said he would talk to the cleaning woman and that he was surprised since that room was cleaned by his number one cleaner. He said he would call back after speaking with her. I never received a call back, but am not upset over that. I am planning a trip back to that area today and have decided to find another hotel and hope to have better luck. This was very surprising to me since I always stay at Marriott properties and usually never have issues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is very close to some relatives we visit often. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. We have never had a problem with our room. I do wish there was more light to read in the sitting area, though. They provide a serve-yourself breakfast area, which is very convenient. They are doing some renovation, but I don't know exactly what. They were replacing chairs, but I didn't see much difference between the old and the new. They warned us that if we hear noise, they'll be glad to move us. We were fine. The rooms have two TVs, which is nice.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a busy street, close to an interstate, but even if you are in a room facing the street...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am just finishing a six week business stay here and have pleased that my company made these arrangements. Even when the parking lot is full you hear almost no noise from the hallways and the business suite is large and very functional and comfortable. The cleanliness is impeccable and the staff friendly and willing to please. Jeffrey was extremely helpful at the desk. Local restaurants are numerous and close by.

My one negative is that the parking lot is huge and it would be nice to have an outside area to sit in the nice weather. They just stared providing a hot breakfast in which I would partake if I were a breakfast eater.

I certainly would return if I were ever to be in the area on business

Room Tip: The business suites are excellent for long stays and the suites with the whirlpools suited for short...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
Red Roof Inn Edison
#6 of 15 in Edison
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway
Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Pis...
#1 of 5 in South Plainfield
2 mi away
Comfort Inn Edison
Comfort Inn Edison
#7 of 15 in Edison

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield? Share your experiences!