“A decent place for lunch”
Review of Champps Americana - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Champps Americana
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“A decent place for lunch”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My mom and I get together for lunch every week, and one Thursday we got around to eating at Champps. I like the atmosphere - tvs blaring sports, open, friendly. I don't remember what I ordered but I do remember the food being pretty good. We are overdue to pay another visit to Champps!

• Visited November 2012

NY
“Awful stay away, unfriendly service/manager”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went here for a few drinks with my family. At around 10pm the place was empty and I asked if they could change one of their 100 TVs to show CNN. The manager refused! Will never go back!

• Visited July 2013
Union, New Jersey
“Good Place!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Champps for the first time on a Monday for lunch with 7 other retired men. We had a great time. They gave us tables with plenty of elbow room and our server, Eric, did a great job keeping up with our needs. The service provided by him was exceptional.

Champps is a large sports bar and restaurant. A variety of hamburgers and salads top their menu but they also have a good variety of other choices.

Full bar and great deserts too.

Parking is not a problem. Champps is located on the 2nd floor of the Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ, and can be entered directly from the 2nd froor parking lot (the one of the Rt. 1 side of the shopping center) . . . . . . or through the inside of the mall . . . . . . and the far end of the food court.

I'll be back again. You should try it.

• Visited January 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Good if you're in the mall”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great sit down option at Menlo Park Mall. Never really a wait like Cheesecake Factory and the food is good. The service is generally ok.

Visited January 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
“My favorite place for salad”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I just love their salads. They are frequently changing the menu items but the stales stay the same. Their balsamic dressing should be bottled and sold. The only thing bad I ever had there was a burger, so I don't order the burgers!