“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Newark, New Jersey
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

All the food here is excellent. Outstanding pizza. Very fresh seafood meals. And as another reviewer noted, excellent salads also. Quick service. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NJTraveller123

NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best pizza”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've been to Tony for some 30 years. Best pizza anywhere, great cappuccino and seafood dishes. We go there for quick bites or dinners and we never have any problem with the service (common, it's a pizzeria).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank chai7
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Not worth Eating Here”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We used to eat here once a week, but never got used to not being greeted when we walked in or thanked for our business when leaving. Used to order hot sandwiches which were good or pizza which was also good, but then the service got bad because they were firing help when the restaurant wasn't filled, and the food got bad - so bad that my family and I had the runs after one dinner and decided never to return.

Houston, Texas
“Great Pizza, Hole in the Wall Place”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I live in Houston. We lack great, NY style pizza there. So when I visit my family in NJ, I nearly always stop at Tony's for some great pizza. The atmosphere isn't much, and I usually take the pizza to go. I often have salads as well, which are huge with fresh ingredients.

• Visited February 2013
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Cranky, cranky workers!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food. I used to go quite often for lunch and dinner. However, I just could not stand how rude the men there were. There have been the same guys forever; maybe they are just sick of the work. They would never smile, yell at us, tell us to stop talking. The waitresses were no better. My friends and I can no longer bring our business there!

Visited October 2012

Been to Tony's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!