“Not attentive to the customers”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“Not attentive to the customers”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our waitress (Cecilia C) was not really friendly. She took the orders, brought the drinks and food, period. She noticed that I put "CID" on the back of my credit card, which was good, and asked for ID when she came back to the table. She perked up when she saw my military ID, then asked what branch. I looked at my card and said "Army", then she just went back to a non-friendly demeanor. Haven't eaten in Macaroni Grill in about ten years and after tonight, I will not frequent this location. The food was ok, but not anything to write home about.

• Visited February 2014

Bedminster, New Jersey
“Good service, good food!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my husband went there on last saturday to try a new place for our Italian cravings. The restaurant was pretty busy on saturday evening, so we were kind of relieved that since it is popular for weekends, there is a thin chance that we are going to be disappointed.

Once seated I liked their idea of a craft paper for the table cover and some crayons as well as the bottle of packed extra virgin olive oil right on the table! When looked around, those crayons kept people busy, specially the kids were creative and quiet :)

Being vegetarian, the place does not has many options to choose from, but one can choose a few from the menu or fill a simple form to choose every ingredient and make a "customised pasta". We chose the latter for the main course. Our salads were caesar salad and mixed greens.

FOOD: What I look forward to in an Italian restaurant is their bread, which does gives the impression of the place. The bread they served was a fancy and flavorful.Though we prefer the rustic one, but this bread did impressed our taste buds.The salad was FRESH, and the way it should be. Hubby's garlic oil based spaghetti and my Basil Pesto based Penne were flavorful too. The drinks (zinfandel and margarita) were good. My only complaint is: cups of olive oil below our pastas. I really like that they used good variety of olive oil but if the oil is good, it isn't supposed to be overused!
Not to forget the big portions of maincourse at an Italian place, which was our lunch the next day and came out good once reheated. (pic enclosed)

SERVICE: impressive, our guy Shean really took our good care.

AMBIENCE: lively, seemed crowded and noisy(at least from our table).

RESTROOMS: neat and clean. They have speakers in the restrooms translating few basic words to Italian one so you can learn a few words (while peeing;) ). Now that's something thoughtful :)

COST: This is a fine dining one, so cost wise definitely not inexpensive, but we walked out content and happy after the dinner, so we got our value for money :D

This restaurant definitely distinguishes itself from other Italian ones. We will definitely go again.

THUMBS UP: FOOD, SERVICE
THUMBS DOWN: NOISY and CROWDED

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nomad0806
Wall, NJ
“It was VERY Good!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were there Monday 12/16 for dinner. Sat at the bar, and had the fixed price 4 course ... it was really good! and the hosue wine they started carrying is awesome for $2.50 a glass!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank mlurski
Morristown
“Great service”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A friend and I lunched here for an occasion for a long catch up. Our server, Kate, very patiently waited for us to finish chatting to the point of being ready to order. Kate offered helpful suggestions for ordering and related that one item that on face value seemed vegetarian was actually not so that was helpful. Pomodoro soup was great as was the lasagna (they do not offer a veg version) and the mushroom ravioli.

Restaurant was not crowded at just after noon so that gave me so cause for concern but the food was good and the service was great.

• Visited November 2013
“Very good!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my friends went out to celebrate her birthday and we had this nice girl named Hannah who could sing really well! Hannah was VERY attentive to our needs and made us all feel welcome and warm hearted! The food was great and service was better! We were never in need of anything. Thanks Hannah and thanks Macaroni Grill.

• Visited August 2013