“Usually pretty decent- didn't 'make it' on my last visit to NJ!”
Review of Oakwood Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oakwood Pizza
Ranked #138 of 272 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Italian, Fast Food
San Diego, California
“Usually pretty decent- didn't 'make it' on my last visit to NJ!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I live in San Diego (where pizza is never good), so I really look forward to having good pizza when I return to NJ for a visit. One of my 'fave' places has closed, leaving my 2nd best favorite to carry on with fulfilling my NJ pizza expectations. This last visit in April was a terrible disappointment. So much so that I didn't even bother to try a second pizza during my 8 day visit. The pizza had so little cheese on it that it looked and tasted like a "tomato pie" (and unfortunately that's not my favorite taste). I didn't want to complain since I'd expected to have pizza again prior to my return to CA (didn't want any retribution factor next time), but was so turned off with that sub-par pizza that I didn't even bother.
I realize that maybe it was an 'off day' for whoever made our pizza, but in any event they should have also seen the insufficient cheese- it was obvious (and in retrospect, I should have asked them to remake it). I'll be back in NJ soon, and I think I need to read reviews and find myself a new "favorite" pizza place. Obviously Oakwood won't make it to move up to my "#1"- especially with so little time to enjoy good NJ pizza!
Gotta say though, they do have nice big booths- good to seat more than 4 if necessary.

• Visited April 2014

Edison, New Jersey
“Best Pizza”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is by far the best pizza in Edison, maybe even Middlesex county. All the other dishes are excellent as well as is the service. It explains why this family run restaurant is still in operation in a desolate strip mall

• Visited December 2013