“Great Experience”

Thomas Edison Museum
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Edison
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Plenty of our nations history in our back yard. I've been to the museum several times and always enjoy the experience. I enjoy taking my nieces and nephews and going with my friends children. Always a great time watching their faces in awe of how technology began.

6  Thank Debbie11265
"engineer"
"innovation"
"awe"

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent several hours here before our flight home to the UK. It was really interesting, well run and very good value, we could have spent longer there. Would recommend if you are staying in NY or, like us, had a day before an evening flight home.

1  Thank Charvil
Reviewed August 25, 2013

See some of Edison's inventions , tower is closed for reservations, but there is a nice outdoor nature trail

1  Thank bolognafrank1
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

After decades of overlooking the signs on Route 280 I finally took the time to visit the Edison Museum. I admit that I'm a nerd but I don't know who wouldn't enjoy a visit here. There's Edison's offices, labs, library and the Black Mariah (a recreation of it.) If you don't know, that's where the first Edison motion pictures were filmed.
When I visited they did a demonstration of recording an acapella group onto a wax disc just as they did more than a century ago.
You can also visit Edison's home which is not too far away. I missed that part.
This area is loaded with historical sites and museums. I think the Edison Museum is among the best. Like an exhibit at the Smithsonian!

5  Thank Hungryalicia
See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Thomas Edison began his research here and during a visit, a docent will tell you Edison's History, let you hear the first song played on his phonograph and numerous other inventions this brilliant man whose mother had to home-teach him created - because his elementary school teachers thought he was dumb. Walk around the small park and look up at the tower with a giant-sized light bulb that has been glowing each night for decades.

8  Thank Arline Z

Been to Thomas Edison Museum? Share your experiences!