“The best South Indian food at Swagath”

Swagath Gourmet Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 277 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Swagath Gourmet is an authentic Indian restaurant in Edison, NJ that serves traditional vegetarian dishes. We use only fresh, nutritious ingredients in each of our dishes, so you can taste the quality in every bite. As the first Southern Indian restaurant in New Jersey, we have become a staple within the local community.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I have been to Swagath about 6 times. We love the excellent and friendly service. The masala dosa, Pongal, Kovil idli, upma, and Mysore thali are all excellent. I love this South Indian vegetarian restaurant. I wish I lived closer to this restaurant. I always order lots of take out and they always make my food very mild as requested. This is the best South Indian restaurant in the U.S.

Sesha I, Owner at Swagath Gourmet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

As a small local business owner, I sincerely appreciate all your support. I'm thrilled to hear you think our food tastes delicious. Of everything you tried, which dish is your favorite?

It's an honor to hear that you think we're the best South Indian restaurant in the U.S. We work hard to make all our guests as happy as you. Looking forward to your next visit!

All the best,
Sesha, President and CEO

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to this restaurant some 20 yrs ago and the place continues to serve authentic Mysore style South Indian food in a very homely atmosphere. The enginner bros who own and run the place are very hands on and make sure they serve food they compeltelu approve of. Try the Rava Dosa and the welcome soup is fantastic.

Thank you so much! I'm honored to hear you think our food has tasted authentic and delicious for over 20 years. It's our goal to consistently offer our customers a wonderful dining experience. Next time you're craving Rava Dosa, be sure to stop by!

All the best,