“Bad food, comfort in the cinema suite” 3 of 5 bubbles

AMC Dine-In Theatres Menlo Park 12
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Edison
Westfield, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bad food, comfort in the cinema suite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This place ruined the way my boyfriend and I see movies. Never again will we go to a normal theatre. But we are also snobs with it. We will only go to the cinema suite one , over the fork and screen. This is because we love how the seats recline and we can move the arm rest up so we can cuddle. The food is not good. Not good at all. Popcorn is the only route I suggest bc you can get it refilled.

Visited June 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“The food service is distracting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good experience if you must eat while watching a movie, however for those not eating, the seating lighting and food being served is quite distracting.

Visited May 2013
Woodbridge, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A dinner and a movie all-in-one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I usually buy my movie tickets for this theater in Costco to save on the price of the admission. It's not much, but the few dollars I do save I can put towards ordering food and drinks during the movie. The seats are very comfortable, lazy-boy style, recline fully. The service was good during the times I went, no complaints there. I ordered a chicken quesadilla which was good and a mojito which was not. Next time I will stay away from mixed drinks and instead will go for anything that's bottled, like beer. I don't think the "bartender" has enough customers ordering mixed drinks to make them well.

Visited January 2013
Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“First time, but not the last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my first time at a "Dine-in" theater and it was pretty cool. If you're planning a quick date night or want to hang out with friends this is the way to go. It would be wise to go online and book in advance for the movie you want to see, because you may get there and it's either full or your party will have to sit separately. In our case my husband forgot that tidbit for our little excursion, so we were able to book one of their cinema suites; however, it was on the front row and for a movie that I could've seen whenever. With that said, I was game for the experience of it all - so no big whoop.

The theater attendant was really nice and was standing at the entrance with an above standard greeting and introduction of himself and the movie experience there, as he escorted us to our seats. He demonstrated how to recline the chairs to ease any discomfort from being on the front row and showed us how to buzz him, if he wasn't their quick enough. With menu in hand I ordered the Thai Bang Shrimp Tacos, my husband ordered Sicilian Flat Bread Sandwich with fries, Hot Wings sampler and a drink...Electric Blue Lemonade. Everything came as ordered and prepared well. The bill averaged to what you would basically pay for dinner and a movie for two - without paying $10-12 for popcorn...you can get real food and go home feeling like you ate well. Who knew? I was surprised and glad we made it. I think we're going to go one more time, before we leave town.

I will admit I'm a little spoiled now and want all my movie experiences to match that one. As I reclined back watching my movie, eating my shrimp taco and debating about dessert - I was planning locations for an AMC Dine-In Theater close to my area.

Visited June 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

It's not one my favorite theatres, but it's okay. BTW... The food quality and service is awful in ALL these Dine-in theatres. Just stick to serving good popcorn. Another suggestion would be to partner with Garrett Popcorn.