“Love the recliners”

AMC Dine-In Theatres Menlo Park 12
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Edison
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was only average and a bit pricey but the comfy, big, red recliners more than made up for it. The seats are so comfortable it's hard to stay awake during the movie.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

While I love the idea of the dine-in, I don't do it myself. I like to be able to see my food when I eat it. They do serve alcohol here so it's nice to grab a beer for the movie. The service is hit or miss, but it usually is not too disruptive.

This is the closest movie theater for me. I avoid the opening weekend for the movie, unless it's a must-see for me, as it gets crazy. I like to go with my husband and/or a small group of friends...any more than 4 people, it loses the "going to the movies with some friends" vibe because you are so spread out due to the configuration of the seats.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

First, you don't go here expecting gourmet food. If you aspire to much more than Applebee's level you will be disappointed. The point here is dine in cinema - a novelty. We went to the Cinema Suites - from what I understand they are far superior to the Fork and Screen in terms of comfort. The totally reclining seats were fun (though one couldn't really eat reclined of course). The food was acceptable. Drinks were very pricey. Our seats were relatively close. I'd try for about 2/3 of the way back next time. The little lights in between pairs of seats can get annoying and the sound was VERY loud - louder than normal for a Cinema. I asked about getting it turned down but didn't really help. Service was ok otherwise. I rate it Very Good as a novelty experience. My in-laws who went with us said they'd go for the seats and not order anything! I'd probably re-order the salad I had which was as I said, acceptable.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We've had the dine-in theater experience numerous times already. We generally enjoy the convenience of it all, the food and the comfort of sitting in a recliner chair while watching a movie in the theater. On our last visit the wait staff was a bit slow and inattentive. My chicken tenders tasted like they had been reheated in a microwave. I know the taste and texture because I do it at home all the time. With that said, I will be returning because I really enjoy this theater and the concept.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

If you can, avoid the fork and screen and stick to the cinema suites. Its designed to be a movie theatre for adults, but children are permitted in the fork and screen and honestly - they can downright ruin the whole experience. Also for some reason no matter where I sit, I always get the slowest waiter or waitress - even if I'm the first person in the theatre, I constantly get served last. However once I do finally get service, I enjoy the experience tremendously.

2  Thank akacicz