“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Philadelphia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had to come for work and I'm so glad I was able to get this place. Myra checked me in and she couldn't have been a sweeter person. My room wasn't ready (because I got here at 10am) so I waited in the lobby area. She came over as soon as a room was ready (within 15 minutes) and I was all checked in. I had dinner with a co-worker at the Bistro and it was great. There's literally so much on the menu that I wanted it's not even funny. And again, I was helped by Darlene who was just as great as Myra. If you have to be away from home, this is the next best thing.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janelle R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and taking the time out to share your feedback! We take pride in our associates and are glad that you got to experience that as well. Our team thrives off the feedback from our guests and have shared your review with them. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and welcome you back for a second stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

In general I avoid Courtyard hotels because I have bad experiences with them and they don't offer a complementary breakfast or an executive lounge so I can get breakfast because of my status. While this Courtyard still doesn't offer those items it has other features that help make up for it when i wasn't able to find a hotel that did have those features.

The staff was great, which I find to be the general rule with Marriott hotels, so that isn't anything special. The rooms were much better, both in quality and in size, then any Courtyard I have stayed in before. As opposed to other hotels that offer either a gift or points to platinum members, this hotel offers you the points PLUS an item from their store. While this isn't the biggest deal in the world, when you travel as much as I do these "little things" make a big difference in my choice in hotels

1 Thank KosherConsultant
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and would like share that we are consistently looking for new ways to keep our guests like you coming back. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Edison!
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I made a trip up to North Jersey recently to be available to my 86 year old Dad who is extremely sick and is still in a rehab trying to better his quality of life. I was physically exhausted and in desperate need of rest and hadn't been eating correctly. As a long time manager and audio visual tech in the hospitality industry I know good from bad. I cannot express my full satisfaction in the efforts of 4 particular people who's utter professionalism, discourse and efforts made me feel wanted, cared for and made my stay a great experience. Those 4 people were Jeneen at the front desk, Myra, Darlene at The Bistro. Derek at the front desk at night. I should also mention Matt at the Bistro and Jannel, a general manager who's efforts were truly outstanding. My every request was honored and I would recommend this establishment to any traveler seeking excellent accommodations in the Central Jersey area. Thanks to all of them and anytime I am in the area I will visit and stay again. Excellence in the hospitality industry... Than you again. Gregory Carollo.

Room Tip: Didn't have a chance to grab breakfast...smelled great. Maybe next time.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janelle R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our great hotel and our wonderful staff! We take pride in our associates and we were thrilled to share your comments with them. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Edison.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed for two nights over last weekend. While the location is a little noisy being pretty much in the middle of the intersection of the Turnpike/Parkway/Rt 9/Rte 440, it was fine with the A/C on low. And the location is why we chose it as we were headed to the shore one day and wanted a quick out North on Sunday. Outside of a tricky turn into the property, great location in terms of getting right on a major highway to get to places in the area. That said, there is nothing really right near the hotel. Outside of the traffic noise, hotel is actually located on a nice big property set back from the road. There was a walking/running path that goes right past the hotel too. Room was very clean and nice layout with the pullout couch. Would have been nice to have the refrigerator/microwave like some Courtyards do. The common areas in the lobby and the restaurant area was very big and spread out. Some nice outdoor space and sitting areas too. Overall, exactly what we were looking for.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms probably are the ones that face the front of the hotel, away from the NJ Turnpike. Poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We take pride in our hotel and are glad you experienced it as well! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you next time!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My son and I arrived at this property after a long day and a 3 hour ride. Upon arrival, it seemed that the room choice I'd made with my reservation wasn't available due to a sold out situation. As a Platinum Member I was surprised by this and was checked into another room. Once we got into the room, it wasn't going to be appropriate for our needs. I called the desk, Amanda answered, and said she'd inadvertently overlooked my original request. Realizing this was a simple problem, she upgraded us to a king suite for no additional charges and apologized right away. Because of this simple act of professional responsibility, I'd stay here and recommend this hotel to others. Thanks, Amanda!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janelle R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are pleased to hear Amanda was able to quickly and efficiently take care of you and your son with proper room accommodations. We welcome you back as our guest the next time you are in the Edison area! See you soon!
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Standard Marriott quality. Nice place, clean room, well maintained, comfortable bed.
Restaurant/bistro/coffee shop in the lobby, plenty of parking and a diner and a gas station across the street. Close to Garden state and the turnpike.
I'd go back again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us! We take pride in our hotel and are happy that you experienced that as well. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Morristown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Upon arriving Myra greeted me with a warm smile that was welcomed after a long car ride. She promptly checked me in with accommodations that match and exceeded my expectations. The hotel was well positioned for my business in the area. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your review! I will share this with Myra and the rest of our team here at the Courtyard! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on your next stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Courtyard Edison Woodbridge? Share your experiences!