“Only a courtyard and lots of apologies”

Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Sorry we are busy so no upgrades
sorry we are busy and no nicer rooms or convenient rooms
sorry you use points and no breakfast
Sorry Sorry and more Sorry and our management is located 2000 miles away if you wish to voice your comments
Sorry I am only the worker
Sorry no parking or tour bus parked sideways and took all parking
Sorry So Sorry - Don't see me again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich W
Janelle R, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback as it is much appreciated. It gives us the opportunity to improve within the hotel and hopefully a chance for your second stay. I assure the next time you are in the Edison area that your experience at the Courtyard will be a more pleasant one.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here a week while visiting family during Christmas and are very happy to say this palce is tops! The hotel is very convienent to everything and easy to get to and from anywhere in the Edison area. The staff is tops and a special thank you to Denise who was so nice and very helpful. She was an outstanding representative of Courtyard Marriott and should be recognized for what she does! The room was very clean and spacious. We stayed in a room with two queen size beds and had plenty of room. Ask for a room in the front of the hotel which is away from the turnpike and quiet! We will definately stay here again and have no hesitation to recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front which is quieter,,,
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
girgisd, General Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your most positive comments about Denise. We thank you for taking the time to recognize her outstanding service and value your feedback. We will be sure to share with Denise your praise and hope that we will see you again in the near future. Thank you very much for your business and commitment to the Courtyard Edison

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a nice place tucked away from the main road. However this is very close to the turnpike. The hotel was clean and the reception was courteous. I stayed here for one night and rooms were good and also were to common access places. My room rate included the breakfast and next day morning (it was a long weekend) and when I came to the breakfast counter it was absolutely crowded. In fact there was a minor chaos going on there with many people trying to access the breakfast area. I was told that the Breakfast was going to be open atleast till 9:30 (or maybe 10), I am not sure. However I clearly remember, abou thalf hour before breakfast closing time, the lady behind counter walked up to a group sitting next to me and said it was time for last call. The group was a little amused by this comment and one of them said that he did not realize that he was sitting in a Bar. Not sure why the person decided to announce the "Last Call" half hour before closing time for breakfast :-)

But that said, I had no problems with my stay here and I would definitely recommend anyone for a short stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
girgisd, General Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We at Courtyard Edison feel privileged and honored to have you as our guest. We take your feedback very seriously, as we firmly believe it is the only way, we can improve our services. Again, many thanks for making us part of your visit to Edison. We look forward to be at your service to all your future lodging needs.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had a mixed experience at this hotel.

First, the bad, I left my shoes in the lobby (I know my fault), but I called the following day and ask if they had found them. I specifically told the front desk agent they might have been left in the lobby, not my room. She called me back in about 2 hours and stated they found nothing. Knowing, I had left them there, I E-Mailed the GM the next day and he responded shortly after stating they had found them in the lobby. They can ship them out to me, of course at my expense which is perfectly acceptable. The problem was they came in a box too small for the shoes and they were pretty badly squished in there.

The good parts were, the hotel was very well kept, the exterior and public spaces were excellent. The staff upon arrival, was very nice and went above and beyond. The one young lady opened the Starbucks café early for me :).

The room/bathroom wasn't bad, plain for a Courtyard, but very clean, and simple.

Overall the value was there, but service with lost and found can be improved.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
girgisd, General Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

David Girgis

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very average rooms and a boring (to say the least...) fast food style restaurant/bar/breakfast. Good reception and free wifi on the positive side. Easy access from I287 and I95.
There is an indoor swimming pool.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
girgisd, General Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We at the Courtyard Edison feel privileged and honored to have you as our guest. We take your feedback very seriously, as we firmly believe it is the only way, we can improve our services. Please note; we do have an Indoor Pool, and we apologize if we were not able to communicate that to you in some form or another.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have stayed here several time over the years, good for a short stay but one side of the hotel is noisy due to freeway traffic. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and hotel was absolutely full, used by a lot of business travellers. Rooms are large a very clean but it is a bit off the beaten track, you won't be staying here unless you have transport.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel that is away from the freeway as traffic is noisy. Good 24 hr di...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barry K
girgisd, General Manager at Courtyard Edison Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Berry K,
Thank you for your review. We at Courtyard Edison feel privileged to have you stayed with us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with the staff.
Mr. Berry K, Upright, it is not often that I get to read reviews such as yours, but it is the appreciation such as yours that attracted so many of us to this business and keeps us striving for more. Again, many thanks for making us part of your vacation. We look forward to be at your service to all your future trips to the Edison area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not sure what it is about the Marriott Courtyards but over the last 2+ months its been issues with the HVAC either they don't work way to loud mine on 4th floor did not work went to front desk to ask maintenance to fix 13 hours later no one addressed issue called desk said someone would be up hour later no call no vist after several calls they moved me to a lesser room but ac was very loud but worked not sure where to tell you to request rooms one side faces train tracks so loud train traffic the other side faces highway with loud truck & traffic noises although it calms down about midnight positives they have a limited Starbucks inside along with small restaurant although food not that great service is slow all around housekeeping sometimes don't get to rooms till after 6 but everyone is nice & pleasant I could get to most places with ease but I had a car. I seriously doubt that I would stay here or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Istrainer,
Thank you for sharing your concerns and your experience with our hotel. I greatly appreciate you taking the bring this matter to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience may have caused you
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs. Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip to the Edison area to ensure having pleasant stay.
David Girgis
davidgirgis@remingtonhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#4 of 15 in Edison
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield

Been to Courtyard Edison Woodbridge? Share your experiences!