“Great location. Too many lost reservations...”

Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great location. Too many lost reservations...”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this Courtyard every year for the SCC show at the Expo Center. The location is great. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are the standard CY rooms. This is a very good thing.
The bar is open to 10:00 PM, but the lobby is open all night long.
Unfortunately, they lose one to two of our 24 reservations every year. This year was my boss's room reservation was lost. They said they were over-sold. We make these reservations ten months in advance. This needs to be fixed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank BAHuston3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Katy, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overly friendly staff that goes out of its way to make you feel at home. Stayed recently and plan to stay here when visiting NJ. Quick drive from Newark airport. Great people in the breakfast area. Took a $10 train ride to NYC on the weekend and had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We were able to check in early as requested. When we came back from visiting with friends there was a different crew behind the shift. We were asked were we a part of two groups that were in house and we said no. As we proceeded to the elevators, we were asked "are you guests of the hotel?" Our answer was yes. Now, the hotel isn't on a main street so people aren't just going to wander into the property. Then we decided to check out the pool and gym, so we walked over to that area to find a gentleman following us. One he saw we had a room key, he went about his business. At first I was turned off, by this treatment but the same desk agent redeemed herself twice later on by providing us with helpful information. The room was neat, clean and spacious and breakfast was ok. The hotel was modern and nicely decorated. No fridge or microwave in the room and I think they advertise a coffee bar downstairs. NOT! But there are plenty of coffee spots in the area. Ample parking available. I would recommend this property and stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfectly fine and normal stay. The room was spacious, clean, and I think just fine about noise. I wasn't near the elevator or anything on the 3rd floor, but nothing was a problem. Really nothing extraordinary, but nothing to complain about.

A good solid room and hotel with helpful staff.

I used the gym while I was there. Dumbbells and cardio machines, enough to get something in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cantonioli
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have stayed here before and the reason I came back is the convenient location. From where this hotle is located you can be most anywhere in North or Central New Jersey easily...or get into NYC without too much hassle. Meeting both Elizabeth and Janine at the front desk after a long day of travel was great....both were friendly and very helpful with smooth check-in and directions for my meeting tomorrow.

Thanks folks....I'll be back.

Room Tip: Despite being along side the NJ Turnpike, hotel is quiet overall, but I suspect the rooms are a litt...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tabletopjournal
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a sleep baby and when I asked to change my room not once, not twice, but four times, I was met with a smile and a don't worry! I don't sleep next to elevators, highways or industrial sized dryer vents. The woman at the front desk couldn't be more happy to help. My room was clean, nice and QUIET! I also loved the convenience of "the little bar that could" to catch a quick bite and a drink without the need to drive anywhere. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Dates - late March 2013
Room Type - King Non-Somke
My scale: failure – below average – average – above average – the best
Bottom Line -

First Impression from the outside - [above average] - looks nice, nice landscaping - it is what you expect for a Courtyard

First Impression of the lobby - [above average] - has the new Courtyard design and is very nice

Check-in - [above average] - very nice lady, tried to put me in a quiet room on first floor. Via habit I asked for a high floor. They put me in 403 facing the elevated interstate. The highway noise is overwhelming. (even with the AC fan on). I directly asked for a change and she put me back in 117 (first floor facing away from the interstate). I appreciate them working with me.

First Impression of the room - [average] - it is what you expect. It does show some wear and tear. Bathroom right upon entry, sink outside the bathroom. A small refrigerator just placed under the bathroom sink (not elegant, but workable). Then a nice sized room. Big flat screen TV, a desk with a very nice office chair, small couch, in-wall HVAC.

Room – The Bathroom- [average] - simple and usable. Shower curtain rod had seen some abuse (hung a bit sideways) - but it was fine

Room – The Bed-[average] - a king size bed. No complaints. Slept ok.

Noise – [failure]-The sad thing is this hotel is right next to the main elevated interstate. The noise (trucks passing by continually) is very very loud. Sadly about 75% of the rooms are impacted. So this hotel has a real base issue.
Even in my room on the first floor away from the interstate - the building rumbled all night long.
You need to consider this before booking this hotel.
It is not the usual noise issue. It is a serious noise issue.

Heat/Cool-[below average]-there is an installed wall unit with basic controls. Worked ok.
(one in my room made a bunch of fan noise on start - which kept waking me up - so I turned it off at night - and ask them to service it when I checked out)

Service – Housekeeping - [below average] - did an ok job cleaning, but woke me up Saturday morning when I had the "do not disturb" sign out.

Service – Front desk and Concierge - [above average] - very good, positive attitude, and really did try to help everyone

Service – Food - I did not eat inside the hotel
They have the new Courtyard design - so a small walk up cafe/counter in the lobby w coffee, sandwhichs and basic entrees.
and
They have the Courtyard 24hr mart right there. Froozen and normal items. with a microwave to make some decent food at any time of day.

Service – overall attitude from mgmt through to the staff - [above average] - I really appreciated their good attitude. It really does make a difference.

Internet-[average] - there is a free wifi service. It drops in/out. (But it is usable for business items)

Check-out-[average] - they put the bill under your door the night before. So I just dropped off the keys at the main desk as I left.

Little Extras -

Other Notes -
nice workout area - good attention to detail and better than most hotels

Would I stay there again? Maybe - noise is a very real issue
Would I recommend this place to a friend? Maybe - depends how they handle real NY/NJ road noise

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to an elevated section of the main interstate highway. The noise is very ver...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Crowne Plaza Edison
Crowne Plaza Edison
#7 of 15 in Edison
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel

Been to Courtyard Edison Woodbridge? Share your experiences!