“Very nice Courtyard”

Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay at very many Marriott brand hotels. I found this one to have particularly great customer service. They asked if I needed more pillows and then followed up with a phone call asking if I needed anything else and if I was comfortable. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The pool was warm and wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were "assigned" this hotel by Priceline during our recent visit to Edison during the Labor Day weekend.. It was a Saturday evening when we checked in. The check in process was quick, efficient and handled by a polite, smiley staff member named Tiffany.The reception area was clean and bright. We were assigned Room 116 which had a King Size bed. There was a large TV with crisp sharp picture and numerous cable channels. The WiFi signal (free) was strong in that room. The bathroom was clean and smelled fresh. The water pressure was excellent and there was plenty of hot water. the room itself, in fact the whole Hotel, is quiet as it is set well away from the main road. There is ample parking a plus especially when one gets back to the Hotel late in the nigh as we did. There is a 24 hr diner within a 1/4 mile from the hotel. The swimming pool looked very clean and inviting and the exercise room is surprisingly well equipped. I could not find any fault with this hotel. Incidentally this is a non smoking property a plus in my book.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were under mandatory evacuation due to the approach of hurricane Irene, so my son made a reservation for my family. Everyone there was super nice. They let us check in before the 3:00 PM check in time. When we arrived the storm had not yet started, so we wanted to find a restaurant in the area. They directed us to several restaurants. The rooms were quiet and comfortable, so we all got a good night's sleep. The lobby was spacious with a big TV and there was a pool and fitness room. There was also a little bistro area where guests could buy breakfast and dinner. The next day, there was no rush to have us check out as we waited to see if we could return home. The price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I needed to see a specialist at a NYC hospital. My budget was tight so I looked into a hotel in NJ that would be close to train access to the city. This hotel fit the bill. The hotel was clean, safe and near some wonderful restaurants. Easy access to the highway and commuter train. The staff was very accomodating and did their best to ensure that my stay was comfortable. It made my trip possible and I was able to get the treatment I needed.

Room Tip: Ask the front dest to accomodate.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was a little more expensive than similar hotels in the area, but it was the best run Mariott Hotel I've seen. Rooms were clean and in good shape. The service staff was excellent/very helpful. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Singh_it
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel has the traditional Courtyard look on the outside, but has a very modern design on the interior. Very nicely appointed rooms which were very clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Some reviews complained road noise and views, yes that is a small factor. But this is also a plus due to the proximity to the turnpike and 287. It is a very easy off and on.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I regularly stay at Courtyards for my work -- this location is one of the nicer properties I have visited. The lobby was brand new along with renovated hallways and rooms. Bed was super comfy. The real drawback is the highway noise from I-287. Depending on your room you simply can't avoid it and I'm sure some guests will find it too obtrusive. We were so tired it didn't matter but it is not trivial as the trucks are just plain loud. The location is obviously just off the highway so there is not to much around but access is a snap.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
#5 of 15 in Edison
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield

Been to Courtyard Edison Woodbridge? Share your experiences!