“Very Presentable”

Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I like the hotel from the moment I walked in. It was very clean and everyone was very nice. All my questions or concerns were answered promptly at the front desk with a smile even at 9 pm at night. This hotel is very easy to access of the NJ Turnpike as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Howard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Kisha B,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will be back again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several time the last few years and more recently for bussinees. The service at this hotel was exceptional. Everyone from the front desk to the house keeping to the bartender were polite and professional. I wish more hotels had a staff like this. The made to order breakfast was better than any continental breakfast I've had, but I don't think the entrees were all that great on the dinner menu. I had to throw away some of the meals as they just did not sit well with me when I ordered room service,

Renovations started while I was there which we're badly needed. Bed was horrible to sleep on as it was old and curved in the middle. But I am going on a limb here and say that that problem has been fixed by now.

I would definetly stay again when in the area for work because I enjoyed the staff and I know the hotel is being spruced up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear JCwpb83,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it when guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I will definitely pass along your comments about our service to my team. As you mentioned we are undergoing a renovation. We are very excited about the product that is being turned out. I hope you are able to visit us again soon and see the transformation. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was pleasant. When I arrived, with no reservation, ( rolled the dice ) there was a managers barbeque. There was a brewery doing a tasting as well. It was good ( hotdogs and hamburgers ) It was free, As a business traveller I just was planning to hunker down, do a little work, and watch some TV. Just like home, but with no chores.
That's what we want from a hotel. Let us find respite from the outside world. Tonight just don't want to go anywhere, even for dinner. You all know what that's like, right ? Yes you do.
So, the hotel has very clean, comfy rooms with a Keurig Coffee/ Tea maker, fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV, yes Life is Good. ( LG ). The personnel were helpful and professional, the lobby is decent and either just was done or will be, I couldn't tell. All in all you will get just what you needed here,

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room. The even numbered rooms face 2 incredibly busy highways with 24/7 traff...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Larry P,

Thank you very much for your review. It is always appreciated when guests take time out of their day to let us know how we are doing. Harold's is awesome, I agree! I need to get back over there myself. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Even though hotel is in the midst of renovations to sleeping rooms, there is little or no disruption. We were in a yet un-renovated room, but it was more than satisfactory -- clean, spacious, comfortable. At most hotels this wouldn't even be considered for renovation. Hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. We'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Howard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Frank P,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you stated we are currently upgrading our rooms. We are doing everything we can to make sure that our guests are not disturbed during this time. We are excited for the change and hope you come back once everything is completed.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great stay! Constrcution/renovation was ongoing during my stay, but work ended promptly by 6:00pm and didn't begin again the following morning until after I checked out. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel wqs very clean, even during renovations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Christopher M,

Thank you so much for your review. It is very much appreciated. We are doing our best to make sure that we continue to provide the utmost in service and cleanliness during the upgrade to our rooms. We hope that you will visit us again once the renovation has been completed.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on conjunction with a conference at the nearby NJ Conference & Exhibition Center, just about one mile away, within this complex known as the Raritan Industrial Center. The Garden Inn was very conveniently located near the conference center as is also close to the NJ Turnpike and Route 287. The Inn reception area is very clean. My room was very clean and comfortable, including the bathroom. No musty or cigarette odors at all. The king-size bed was comfortable and the linens were very clean.

The AC system was functioning well and not overly noisy. The desk in my room was adequate for me to do some work on my laptop. The room rate included wireless internet service.

Because of the conference, I received a special group rate of $109 per night, a nice discount from the normal $129 which itself would have been a very acceptable rate for the quality of lodging. The room was quiet. The Garden Inn has a small restaurant area and a very small bar. I did not have the opportunity to eat there, but I did have a beer with my colleagues. The Inn actually had no vacancies during my stay; a bit surprising but a testament to its presumed popularity with other business travelers. Self-parking is available in their parking lot which is not huge, but I did not have any problem parking while there; parking is included in the room rate. They have a shuttle bus that would take you to the conference center (and other places, I would assume). I think there are maybe one or two restaurants nearby within walking distance, but I'm not sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear prozac_valium,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful and in depth review of your stay and our property. It is very much appreciated. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here two nights while on a 6 day New England tour. Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant & helpful. There isn't much in the area as far as food (and we didn't have personal transportation) so we had to order in, which wasn't much of a hassle. There's a nice bar downstairs, and a Starbucks. The in-room coffee was also Starbucks, which was very nice. We were only there in the evenings (between the days of touring) so we didn't have a chance to use the pool, spa, or fitness center.

The only downside really is the lack of free amenities for non HH members, so we didn't have in-room internet (though there is a computer area downstairs) and no free breakfast, or social hour. I've always found it a bit odd that so many lower priced hotels include these things for free, for all guests, whereas higher priced "elite" hotels charge extra for them or only provide them to preferred customers. Ah well, c'est la vie.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear heywood417,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to point out that we do offer free wi-fi in our hotel guest rooms as well as the lobby. I apologize if there was any confusion about this. Also, Hhonors members do not get a free breakfast unless they are Diamond members and they choose that upgrade in place of bonus points.

We hope that during your next visit to the area you will stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center? Share your experiences!