“Very decent stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Edison
NJ
“Very decent stay”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Overall the stay was very nice. However, there were a few things in particular that I need to point out.

The Negatives:

We were assigned a non-smoking room on the fifth floor for our first night. Once in our room for a few hours we smelled cigarette smoke which we thought was coming from the floor below. At 6 am, we finally woke up, no longer able to endure the horrible smoke smell. We went downstairs to complain and the friendly staff informed us that one wing of the fifth floor is smoking while the other side, which we were assigned to, was non-smoking. Our room happened to be two doors down from the smoking side. Do not allow them to give you a room on the fifth floor unless you are willing to tolerate the strong smell of smoke throughout your stay. We were moved to the third floor and this totally alleviated the problem. They also offered us free breakfast due to the inconvenience.

The pool looked a lot bigger in the website pictures. We got in just an hour before it was due to close and it was certainly in need of a skimming.

The positives:

The rooms were extremely large, very clean and spacious. Our room had a fridge, microwave and free internet. The breakfast was fantastic. Omelettes cooked to order with lots of other food choices. Everything was fresh and the buffet was well maintained. The coffee was one of the best cups I've had in a long time. Very impressed with the coffee. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

And finally, a hotel with REAL up to standard exercise equipment! High performance, exercise machines were a huge plus! Most hotels list that they have an exercise room only to find a stretching chair and maybe a low quality half broken bicycle. Not the case with this hotel. I would give the spa/exercise room five stars if it wasn't for the dirty pool and sauna.

I would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Stay away from the fifth floor if you can't tolerate cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dreamstar777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This property lived up to the Hilton brand name! The hotel is well kept, well appointed, and clean. The staff are efficient & professional. If you have to visit this industrial area, this hotel is the way to go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alexander G
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We needed a quick stopover while driving up the NJ Turnpike, and this Hilton Garden Inn fit our needs perfectly. The weekend price was great, the room was very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is extremely close to a highway exit, but you'll need instructions or a gps to navigate the spaghetti of ramps and roads to get there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlust777
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. I am glad that I did. Everyone is very helpful. I am on the road a lot in the fall, and the people at this hotel truly made me feel welcome. When they said to Make yourself at home, I really felt like I could. The breakfast was good, not free, but good. My room was very comfortable. In fact I slept very well that night (which is rare for me in a hotel).

I will be staying here again in October and November. Thank you for making me feel at home!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed there for our wedding night and our guests as well. The overall experience would be 3 star. The grounds are average, customer service -average..Their shuttle service is not the best because they might forget to pick you up. The rooms are nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pecosa1234
Southwest Harbor
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed in a room with a nice king size bed (adjustable firmness), couch, coffee table, desk, cable TV, small kitchenette with a microwave, coffee maker and small fridge and plenty of floor space. The bathroom had a whirlpool (big bath tub with jets) and also a separate shower cabinet. They offer a few good discounts as well. I made my reservation online and got there at 11:00pm with after a 15 minute taxi ride from the AMTrak station. That whirlpool sure felt good after spending 8-9 hours on a train.
The room was very clean and I had no issues with my bill.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank MuddViking
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

4 day business trip and I like Hilton Gardens. This is a comfortable place to stay for the area. Great deli next door (HUGE sandwiches). Location is quiet and easy to access. Staff is very pleasant and morning breakfast folks are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business