“Hospitality and Service ! Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Easthampton
“Hospitality and Service ! Excellent”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I needed to spend a night from Massachusetts for the Diesel Drag Races at Raceway Park. When I walked in I jokingly asked for the cookies (most Hiltons have them on the counter), it was after 10:00PM and I knew they would be gone. After about ten minutes in my room came the knock at the door. General Manager Amy had cookies and milk sent to the room! I was floored!
Very clean and cosy for the night. The lobby atmosphere was pleasant and breakfast was great. I will be returning. Great Job Amy!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Mint Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This hotel in Edison is nothing special. Basic rooms that are clean with convenient access to the Jersey turnpike. The front desk is always helpful and accommodating as I have stayed here many times over the years.
The front lobby is comfortable however it can be a very noisy place as well as the breakfast area as this hotel caters to a lot of families.

Room Tip: This hotel is a hotbed for weddings as it is located near a huge India wedding banquet hall down the...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MILLANDRO
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here one night before driving into Manhattan. Right after we walked in our room the fire alarm went off, we called the front desk thinking someone may have pulled the alarm. However it turned out someone in the kitchen burned a few burgers. We walked down from the third floor and all the kids and there were alot of them enjoyed the Edison Fire Department's quick response and let them climb all over the trucks after they determined there was no fire and the alarm was reset. The hotel should have offered some free breakfast or something but to no avail. The hotel was clean the rooms were big and the chef even gave my daughter some cookies when we visted the lobby to get my early evening coffee. I would stay again and rate the hotel very good for families. The pool is indoors but is not heated, the whirlpool can help you warm up.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Spent one night here and had a great time. The room was clean and very well laid out. Everything I needed was in the room and I had plenty of room to stretch out.

Enjoyed a made to order breakfast that was delicious. Staff even went out of their way to be sure my stay was everything I wanted and more.

I'll be back if I'm in the area again.

Room Tip: Be sure you sign up for the Breakfast package for your party. Otherwise you'll pay $12/person to...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn in Edison is neither a spectacular property nor an awful one, but it's a solid representative of the HGI level, located very convenient to the NJ Turnpike. I stayed there as a halfway point between travel in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

The front desk staff were very helpful at check-in in resolving a problem with my reservation (my mistake!), otherwise I had little need for customer service staff as usual.

The room was clean and properly supplied. There is some highway noise as the Turnpike is nearby (though not immediately next to the property) but I didn't find it obtrusive. The fitness centre is a little bit larger than usual, thus improving your chances of finding the equipment you want to be available. The restaurant/bar area appeared pleasant when I checked in, but I didn't actually use it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Thank God I only had to stay here for one night, one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a Hilton property. This property is not up to Hilton standards. My room was dingy and musty, only a few linens were available in the bathroom and no toiletries whatsoever.

Thank goodness I brought my own soap and shampoo. The walls are paper thin and the hotel faces a major highway, good luck trying to get a good nights sleep at this place!

The fitness center is a joke, and the pool is not very desirable.
The business center is obsolete.
WiFi was terrible, don't expect to get any work done here.
The bar and restaurant are downright depressing.

Its funny that there aren't many up-to-date reviews of this place, its probably because people stopped coming here a long time ago, I wish I were warned ahead of time.

Customer service also needs improvement, it took three employees to finally correct my bill.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank BrianGR
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton and was quite pleased with the accommodations, but not the customer service. They told us the wrong breakfast time (and the time in the book was also printed wrong) and we went downstairs and they said there is nothing they could do, and we could use the breakfast tickets at another time at the same hotel. I don't plan on being in New Jersey anytime soon, so that didn't help. I am quite disappointed with this service and will not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DCgirl80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edison
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
#1 of 4 in Woodbridge
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 15 in Edison

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center? Share your experiences!