“Lunch at Edison Diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited the Edison Diner in Edison NJ this past weekend and was very pleased. I went there for lunch and had a chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel bread. The sandwich was fresh and very good. I could tell the bread was fresh since it was nice and soft. The interior décor is very nice, it had off white color sort of country like. So much brighter and cheerful than most diners I’ve been to in NJ, most of the time diners are always dim and dark. The waitress was very nice too. I was pleased with my food and the garnishing the sandwich came with. The pickle and cole slaw were also freshly made. If you are on the road and need a break I give thumbs up to this Edison Diner.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Recently went here with a couple of friends after a late night out. The place is located on Rte 1 South, before the Loews Movie Theater. Note: Entrance to this place is a little tricky. You can miss it if you're not paying attention.

Decent sized diner with ample seating. Their menu consists of typical diner fare. Waitstaff is friendly and helpful in answering any questions you have.

A couple of my friends ordered Cheeseburgers which seemed to be cooked pretty well and I'm guessing it tasted good based on their empty plates.

I ordered the Turkey Club with a side of Onion Rings. The Club was pretty good. Turkey tasted fresh and not dry like I've had at a couple of other diners. The Onions Rings were okay, but there were a couple that were overcooked and was a bit tough to chew through. Note that this sandwich normally comes with fries, so if you want Onions Rings, there's an additional $1 charge for the switch.

Overall, typical diner fare and experience. Would come back after another late night excursion and possibly try this place out for breakfast.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wasn't particularly hungry when we went out to supper, and planned on getting a salad. It smelled so inviting, however, that I instantly became hungry. I had a gyro platter; it has to be THE BEST I have ever had. Large portion size, came with a greek salad. I couldn't eat it all. It also came with dessert (apparently that is the norm on the East coast, as we found this several places). My husband had liver and onions; this was the first place that has ever asked him how he wanted the liver cooked. His meal started with soup AND salad, rolls, and then the entree came out. Huge serving with 2 sides, and came with dessert! It was impressive. All of this, and meal with tip came to a grand total of $31! Don't pass by this restaurant. It was just a little hard to find if you're not used to New Jersey streets with their weird on and off ramp system. We drove around several times until we were finally in the right place to be able to turn in. We wish we had someplace like this in our state!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

this is just a terrific, oversized diner, often jammed with friendly staff and, despite the crowds, quick service... been here for breakfast only, and that was plenty, unfinishable blueberry pancakes and an omelet fluffy enough that I thought I'd need to paste it to the plate to keep it from floating off

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Awesome diner, best in NJ! Everything was perfect! We enjoyed omelets, home fries, and the cinnamon toast was fabulous! Also, it was very clean and I was impressed on the cleanliness of the restrooms. We will be dining here on our next trip home to Jersey!

1  Thank Kristina D